Electronic Cigarettes

AVFCDAN

Someone on twitter yesterday along the lines of - "Thank God for electronic cigarettes. I've been trying to take up smoking for ages but I needed something to ease me in gently" :)

Using them for almost 3 weeks now and don't even miss fags. I reckon it will cost me around £20 a month which is a huge saving on £200+ a month I was spending on smokes.

Definitely recommend this to anyone who likes smoking but is pissed off with the cost of their habit.

What would you say the average cost is per day/week on your kit mate?

I'm using the disposable e-lites and although I have no complaints about it the cost is slightly worrying. One disposable tip is supposed to be 40 fags but without particularly heavy use one tip is lasting me about 3-4 days even though I was only a 5-6 day smoker, so it's still costing me similar to what the real thing cost, might change over to a refillable one.

Yeah the disposables are very expensive as the batteries are very poor. My one only lasted me 1 day.

I use this site to order from because they have a 20% discount using ECR69 and have free delivery on orders over £30.

The Echo kit is really good because a single charge and the liquid stored in the cartomiser will easily last more than 1 day of heavy vaping.

1 bottle of liquid (£7) has done me almost 3 weeks of vaping and the cartomiser I'm using is lasting pretty well.

I reckon I'll spend around £10 a month on e-liquids, £6 a month on a fresh cartomiser and I reckon the batteries (£10) will probably have to be replaced every other month working out at around £20 a month.

I started with this kit and an extra bottle of e-liquid.

This should be enough for almost a month's worth of heavy vaping.

The battery seems to be going ok and have kept the second one as a spare. I've recently ordered some more e-liquids and another cartomiser as I'm not sure how long they will last (but the one I'm using seems to be going on strong).

Right, I just bought my first disposable one just to see how I get on with it.

This may seem like a stupid question but.... how do you smoke it?

In terms of,

Do you just smoke it like it's a fag and have 10-20 drags then put it down til later?

Or is 1 drag the equivalent level of nicotine to 1 cigarette?

In terms of,

Do you just smoke it like it's a fag and have 10-20 drags then put it down til later?

Just like a normal cigarette (ie 10-20 drags). I probably need a little bit more in the morning though!

Check out http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/ as there are a shed load of videos on vaping and different kits on there.

In terms of,

Just like a normal cigarette (ie 10-20 drags). I probably need a little bit more in the morning though!

Check out http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/ as there are a shed load of videos on vaping and different kits on there.

Cheers for the info dude! :D

I started with this kit and an extra bottle of e-liquid.

This should be enough for almost a month's worth of heavy vaping.

The battery seems to be going ok and have kept the second one as a spare. I've recently ordered some more e-liquids and another cartomiser as I'm not sure how long they will last (but the one I'm using seems to be going on strong).

Cheers Ricky, im going to go with the cheapo starter kit for £19.99.

Quick question, what are the e-liquids like that come with it? Also, whats and cartomiser?

Also, when the cartridges run out (the ones that come with it), is it best to get pre-filled ones or the refillable ones?

I'd go for 18mg (High). You may want to go with extra high (26mg) to begin with though.

A cartomiser is a cartridge (where the liquid is stored) and atomiser (which 'vapes' the liquid) in one unit (rather than 2 separate units)

I always refill myself with e-liquids as I think it works out cheaper. The review videos on the website should show you how to refill the cartridges.

Just put my brain into gear, you cant use the cartomizer's with the 510 range, only with the echo. So if i go with the starter kit (510 Deluxe), i need to buy the pre-filled cartridges or the refillable ones.

Yeah, you're right (though there are other e cigs not on the website).

You could start with the pre-filled ones then move onto the refillable ones when you get more used to it.

Â