Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

His stock was highest in the summer and no-one really made an effort to sign him. Another half season of injuries and I can't see a big club buying him in January. He'll have options but they won't be top tier.

His stock was highest in the summer and no-one really made an effort to sign him. 

We dont know that though

I'm guessing if Man Utd or Arsenal really wanted him in the summer and Vlaar was aware of the interest then they would have got him. As we've seen before it's almost impossible to keep players at the club when the top clubs come after them

But you're right, I don't know for sure. 

Edited by Xela

6-8M ? Seriously? We will be lucky to get 3M for him regardless of who is "in for him"

He will be 30 in February

He will be regarded as "injury prone"

He will be out of contract in 5 months time

He has made it clear he doesn't want to be here

Hardly good bargaining chips for us

He has made it clear he would not be averse to a move to another club.

Not quite the same thing. 

We should have offered him a new contract during last season. He might have signed it then as might have Delph but we took our eyes of the ball and neither would now following their respective World Cup and England call up.

What part of "The manager has said he won't let me leave during the season" does Vlaar not understand? He clearly cannot wait to leave us can he? He adds "but I don't know what will happen if clubs come in for me".

Let me explain Ron. You will stay where you are and see out the contract that we have with you unless someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse at a point we think your departure will not put our safety in question.

So you had better get those boots on, start getting points on the board for us and tell your agent or the club you may have had a word with that their bid needs to be something other than peanuts to stand any chance of being accepted!

Shades of Dwight about this sadly. Don't let the exit door hit you on the backside when you run out of our club sooner or later!    

Totally different to Yorke. Vlaar has always given of his utmost for this club when fit.

Yorke, if memory serves, suddenly lost interest when ManU came calling, and practically forced a deal.

He's done very little to improve our defence. Gone down in my books for talking out about trying to leave.

How dare he honour his contract, play well for the club (when fit) and want to play for a bigger more successful club at the end of his career.

Ever hear of someone called Olof Mellberg. Did he go down in your books for leaving for nothing to play for Juventus?

Considerable difference between the two. Mellberg played for 6/7 years with a good availability and excellent record. Vlaar is nowhere near that. All we have been to Vlaar is a treatment centre.
Do you honestly think that without him for the past 2 seasons we'd still be in the league!!! Clark & Baker were god awful together.
I disagree about Baker. I also think that Clark has played out of position but is growing into it now. Vlaar was good while he was fit but it is now too few and far between. We need a regular back four and, sadly, Ron Vlaar will never be a regular here. He is a great man off the field, has time for fans but his time is up here. Back to the original comparison with Mellberg, we will never find out if he was as good as him. Mellberg had served his time here.

You didn't answer my question :huh:

We would have been a few points worse off so, yes, we probably would have been relegated.

We should have offered him a new contract during last season. He might have signed it then as might have Delph but we took our eyes of the ball and neither would now following their respective World Cup and England call up.

What part of "The manager has said he won't let me leave during the season" does Vlaar not understand? He clearly cannot wait to leave us can he? He adds "but I don't know what will happen if clubs come in for me".

Let me explain Ron. You will stay where you are and see out the contract that we have with you unless someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse at a point we think your departure will not put our safety in question.

So you had better get those boots on, start getting points on the board for us and tell your agent or the club you may have had a word with that their bid needs to be something other than peanuts to stand any chance of being accepted!

Shades of Dwight about this sadly. Don't let the exit door hit you on the backside when you run out of our club sooner or later!

Totally different to Yorke. Vlaar has always given of his utmost for this club when fit.

Yorke, if memory serves, suddenly lost interest when ManU came calling, and practically forced a deal.

Bit off topic but it was only 1 game (Everton) if memory serves. If you want a comparison lets see how vlaar plays in the last game of the transfer window with bids on the table.

• Like 3

A great testament to whoever and whatever has worked with Clarke and baker all this time that he won't be missed.

Plus two good finds in okore and senders.

Keane?

Edited by Kingman

Vlaar is supposedly fit for Saturday, I hope Lamberts got the Minerals to keep this winning defence though. 

However i think he will start Vlaar if he's fit to maybe drive up his stock for any penitential January buyers, rather than leaving him out in the cold. 

Would be a major confidence knock to Okore or Clarke having played out their skins of late. 

**** Ron Vlaar.

I don't mind people like delph,milner and benteke going on to better things.

I do mind the captain of the club talking about wanting to leave in the press when he's done very little to make us a better team during his time here.

Sell him in Jan. Our four centre backs are good enough to keep us up.

Yorke was an arse for 1 single game, who's to say Vlaar didn't have his head turned 'x' weeks ago, we haven't seen him give his all in 2 months, all conspiracies I know but he could easily be forcing a deal in his own underhand way?! Anyway we've got a fine balance as it stands at CB and Vlaar wouldn't break that pairing for me.

Bit off topic but it was only 1 game (Everton) if memory serves. If you want a comparison lets see how vlaar plays in the last game of the transfer window with bids on the table.

Oops missed this post, same sentiments!

Â