Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I think the frustrating thing is just like Benteke will probably leave us without ever playing with a proper number 10, Vlaar and Okore I think had the potential to be a really good combination for us but we've hardly ever seen it and probably won't much now. A shame as both are good on the ball.

I don't think Okore and Vlaar would have worked, there both quite small for central defenders, if played together the bigger teams in the Premier league could have ran riot.

If Anyone offers us anything more than 4m I would let him go, hes a great player but injury prone and going to leave anyway, may as well make some money from his sale.

To pretend finances are not an issue for us is being blind to the facts, even if we risk relegation it would be a calculated risk, i would take that risk.

If someone were to offer us £8m in January we'd be daft not to accept it.

Vlaar would also be daft to leave in January. Can anyone please give me an example of when a good player, whom the club he played for wanted him to sign a new contract actually left with 6 months left on his contract and the club got even 4mill? Im sure there must be some examples surely?

Why does everybody talk in terms of 'I hope we get money for him'?

We all know that this money is going into Randy's pocket and nowhere near our transfer budget anyway.

I dont say that because we wont get a penny for either. Name me a player any club has got money for when they have 6 months left, very few.

Why does everybody talk in terms of 'I hope we get money for him'?

We all know that this money is going into Randy's pocket and nowhere near our transfer budget anyway.

I dont say that because we wont get a penny for either. Name me a player any club has got money for when they have 6 months left, very few.

Holtby, fOr one.

It's more common than you state.

Would people take 4-6 million in jan if we reinvested it straight away in a lower league player like batth? I think it would be good business. He's probably going to be injured for the majority (so would fit in perfectly at united) and those few months at the end of the season would give whoever we got in a chance to settle and hopefully get used to the premier league without being immediately relegated from it.

Looking to the future I'd much rather we got some money, even if it's only a few million, and reinvest it in someone who can learn from senderos. I know lower league players are an issue when it comes to lambert choosing them, but the alternative is losing a cb for nothing at the end of the season with no replacement lined up/settled in.

• Like 2

Anyone else fed up of our policy of giving clubs our best player and receiving the other clubs worst player in return, how is this good for a club?

You get Vlaar we receive Cleverley, you get Delph we get Holtby, you get the best we get rubbish.

It's Milner and Ireland all over again.

Anyone else fed up of our policy of giving clubs our best player and receiving the other clubs worst player in return, how is this good for a club?

You get Vlaar we receive Cleverley, you get Delph we get Holtby, you get the best we get rubbish.

is it a club policy? Of the examples you have quoted there is only actually one time we have got a poor player for a good one.
  • Like 1

is it a club policy? Of the examples you have quoted there is only actually one time we have got a poor player for a good one.

Vlaar is nearly always injured. Cleverley was very good today; easily one of our best players. What use is Vlaar, almost permanently lying on a couch having treatment.?

• Like 1

we also got Carew for Baros

The gulf in class between those players (bar Milner and Ireland) is not that great and we always tend to get some bonus to the deal as well. For example: it wasn't Milner for Ireland it was Milner for Ireland and 16m.

The fact he wants a move to a bigger club George. Whether he is injured or not (which I doubt is the case anyway) he don't want to be at Villa.

To be quite honest, I'd like to hear directly from him rather than just his agent as the latter may just be angling for a bigger contract from us. 

I think we all would but I can't see him coming out and saying "Yeah, I am leaving at the earliest opportunity to move to a bigger club" and piss the fan's off, nor will he come out and say "Unless I get a bigger contract from Villa I am going".

I think talks may have already taken place and this is why we are at the stage we are at.

Il be very surprised to see concrete Ron at Villa come June 2nd 2015!

Â