Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I dont mind the thought of Vlaar going for decent money

I dont even mind the thought of him going to a Manure or a Tottenham or a Roma, good luck to him

But a QPR or a Southampton, if that happens then I think i'll give things a miss for a while until that a hole lerner is totally gone from the club

I agree if vlaar goes to qpr i will sack it off this season droopy dog will try and sell qpr to vlaar lets face it they are a small club always will be but one thing is they will offer silly money.

It is a real sign of what a state we are in! Clubs like QPR can have more of a pull on players than us. Even the likes of Hull, Stoke, the Baggies and others appear to be a more attractive proposition than us... Just embarrassing....

I think we are pretty much on a par with West Brom actually.

I dont even mind the thought of him going to a Manure or a Tottenham or a Roma, good luck to him

But a QPR or a Southampton, if that happens then I think i'll give things a miss for a while until that a hole lerner is totally gone from the club

I agree if vlaar goes to qpr i will sack it off this season droopy dog will try and sell qpr to vlaar lets face it they are a small club always will be but one thing is they will offer silly money.
It is a real sign of what a state we are in! Clubs like QPR can have more of a pull on players than us. Even the likes of Hull, Stoke, the Baggies and others appear to be a more attractive proposition than us... Just embarrassing....

I think west brom are better than us. We are totally inept at making major decisions vlaar and delph should have been offered contracts as soon as we stayed up lerner should have at least done that. If i was to sell my house i would not wnt to wreck it before i sold it. Vlaar is are rock at the back its only cos the others were total garbage we never noticed how good or imortant he is but rest assured when vlaar leaves because of lerners begaviour we will see exactly how important he is thanks randy for another cock up

The club aren't going to publically announce offering them new deals, as should the papers get the impression they've been rejected then all hell will break loose on the rumour front and all our prep will  be in tatters. They're unfortunately probably better off begging them to sign up on the quiet and should any of the 3 want out, we can sell them through the back door rather than in the tabloids.

I think west brom are better than us. We are totally inept at making major decisions vlaar and delph should have been offered contracts as soon as we stayed up lerner should have at least done that. If i was to sell my house i would not wnt to wreck it before i sold it. Vlaar is are rock at the back its only cos the others were total garbage we never noticed how good or imortant he is but rest assured when vlaar leaves because of lerners begaviour we will see exactly how important he is thanks randy for another cock up

West Brom have just lost about 8 players through rejection of contracts/Baggies running them down.

They've on the whole replaced them with dross like Chris Baird, Craig Gardener and some guy from Belgium who Belgians don't seem to rate highly. They're also chasing Hutton and crap like Sam Hutchinson. They haven't paid money for a striker in 3-4 years and anyone who looks decent for them either leaves (at the end of their loan) or want out as soon as they realise they could earn even an average prem salary. Lescott was a real coup for them but that was mainly to appease irate fans at the appointment of Alan Irvine (or Alan F****** Irvine as some of them refer to him).

They attract significantly less commercial income, fans, TV presence than Villa and to put things into perspective, they're currently irate about having pinstripes on their kit. 

All this against a backdrop of being a relatively well run club financially (due to the frugalness) which must piss their fans off no end. IMO they are just circling the drain waiting to be relegated. Their chairman referred to them as an 'overperfoming mid-table championship side' and was pretty much spot on. They don't hang onto any decent youth as they've no pedigree in that area and they cant redevelop their stadium to 'take a punt' on sustained growth. They hit their glass ceiling of 8th-10th (cant remember) a couple of years ago - which itself was a bit of a fluke and could be attributed to a generally lower scoring, tight bottom half. 

I very much doubt, any player given the choice between Villa and Baggies - given roughly comparable wages would think twice about joining Villa. Even given our current crisis. Remember, they are at the peak of their wave, we're at our trough.

Edited by Djemba_Villan
  • Like 3

If was lucky enough to be a paid footballer i would never join a comedy outfit like villa. Vlaar will go to manure im sure van gaal rates him this ia the same negative feeling for me when we lost barry milner and young vlaar like the rest are and were our big performers i am convinced without vlaar last year we would be in championship now

If was lucky enough to be a paid footballer i would never join a comedy outfit like villa. Vlaar will go to manure im sure van gaal rates him this ia the same negative feeling for me when we lost barry milner and young vlaar like the rest are and were our big performers i am convinced without vlaar last year we would be in championship now

Comedy outfit...

Comedy outfit...[/quote

You dont think we are a joke then

Comedy outfit...

You dont think we are a joke then

Don't want him to go but if he went for £6-7m he is replaceable. If we do have to replace him I would want us to bring in someone of similar age and not another 20-21 year old.

Assuming any fee received would be used on a replacement (unlikely IMO) who would you replace Vlaar with for £6m that would join a club in our position for the wages we could offer?

• Like 2

I don't think Vlaar is easily replaceable at all. Mainly because he offers so much to the team in terms of organisation and leadership. I'm struggling to think of any obvious candidate as an alternative.

• Like 2

I don't think Vlaar is easily replaceable at all. Mainly because he offers so much to the team in terms of organisation and leadership. I'm struggling to think of any obvious candidate as an alternative.

Guzan?

Guzan?

If we lost Guzan, all hell would break loose.

Do you do anything other than moan?

Guzan?

Ah no, not great wording. I meant an obvious candidate to replace Vlaar.

Guzan?

Ah no, not great wording. I meant an obvious candidate to replace Vlaar.

Yeah Guzan at CB, big Joey Bennett in net and Lambert at left back. Sorted.

• Like 2

It was a stroke of genius to let one of our best players run his contract down to the point he had only 12 months left on it and in a World Cup year to boot.

I wonder which genius was responsible for that little gem? Faulkner, Lerner or surely not Lambert. Utter shambles

It was a stroke of genius to let one of our best players run his contract down to the point he had only 12 months left on it and in a World Cup year to boot.

I wonder which genius was responsible for that little gem? Faulkner, Lerner or surely not Lambert. Utter shambles

No, you are right.

In the midst of relegation battles we should definitely be handed out new contracts, and pay rises, and who is to say he would want to commit amongst the uncertainty.

But no, erveryone is an idiot, in hindsight.

• Like 2

not 1st time it happened. same with Milner

Â