Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Sign him up for an extension of the contract. It end summer 2015. A two year extension will do fine.

Good value for 3.3 mill pounds (according to Transfermarkt).

Agreed, give him an extension to finish his career here.

He's the one who left Lugano alone at the back post. I don't know if that was his responsibility, but he was the last player near Lugano and went with the runner inside rather than staying with Lugano. A pretty bad error if that was indeed his man.

Besides that, he was typically "concrete."

great game and brilliant to have him back in the side.... the value of a player is shown by how much of a hole he leaves when he's not in the starting XI and for us, having concrete on the pitch makes all the difference.... appears to be our most important player at the moment on that basis...

He's the one who left Lugano alone at the back post. I don't know if that was his responsibility, but he was the last player near Lugano and went with the runner inside rather than staying with Lugano. A pretty bad error if that was indeed his man.

I just watched the replay. Oddly it was Lowton who let Lugano go for the free header. Why Lowts was on that side I have no idea.

• Like 3

I just watched the replay. Oddly it was Lowton who let Lugano go for the free header. Why Lowts was on that side I have no idea.

My bad, I thought for sure I saw number four

nearest to Lugano.

nearest to Lugano.

Well your eyes did not deceive you. Its weird. He does peel away at the very start of the free kick, leaving Lowts to cover Lugano. Lowts who should have been covering where Ron went doesnt pick up Rons man.

Very odd.

nearest to Lugano.

Well your eyes did not deceive you. Its weird. He does peel away at the very start of the free kick, leaving Lowts to cover Lugano. Lowts who should have been covering where Ron went doesnt pick up Rons man.

Very odd.

Hmmm, I figured it'd have been Vlaars responsibility because you'd want a CB marking their cb, but you're right it is an odd play. Maybe he yelled at lowton to pick up Lugano and lowton didn't hear him?

nearest to Lugano.

Very odd.

Hmmm, I figured it'd have been Vlaars responsibility because you'd want a CB marking their cb, but you're right it is an odd play. Maybe he yelled at lowton to pick up Lugano and lowton didn't hear him?

Could be, it was just weird. Anyway as you rightfully say, not his finest hour, or lowts.

• Like 1

Love him, he now joins the long tradition of cult Villa CBs in my mind.

Thought he'd come off at half time as he seemed to be injured after the 3rd WBA goal and he was certainly struggling at the end (think that was why Baker came on just to give us more legs at the back) but loved how even then he was still whacking clearences off Albion players for goal kicks which meant we could waste more time.

Didn't understand that either.

I noticed him holding his hamstring in WBA game just before half time. On the radio lambert described his injury and a 'Blow' - but when questioned about his availability for next weeks games was more guarded 'well have a look tomorrow'  - Don't sound great

Â