Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Newcastle who took him on loan, he played twice got fined for going out when he shouldn't have?

No they have a scouting system to not sign players permantely like that. You are being too hopeful.

i think I know which post you were referring to and maybe you are right, one can only hope

I honestly think he doesn't bother trying because he thinks - "What's the point? If I play decent, Lambert isn't going to pick me for the next game anyway, so why bother?"

Not saying that Ireland is justified in thinking that, it's a pretty shit attitude to have.

I can see him thinking that though.

get rid, i'd always hoped he'd turn into a a player for us but it's just not going to happen for him or us so let's just get him off the wage bill as soon as possible and use that money to pay for a couple of players who give a shit.

• 4 weeks later...

really cant believe the stick Irelands getting in the match thread after tonight and people creaming themselves over CNZ running down blind alleys again,

Ireland had one disallowed, one effort saved by a finger tip, and put one on a plate for Benteke in the first half,

Second half he was forced to play a deeper role and still was closest to scoring outside the Weimann goal, was full of running, winning possession and composed on the ball.

Seems he is getting more criticism here than on sites with the public ratings which is normal i suppose.

Wouldnt mind seeing some stats on our players from tonights game.

• Like 1

He was **** awful, barely did anything. Strolled around the pitch without giving a **** about anything. How he lasted the 90 I'll never know. Only player worse than him was Bent but of course neither will get much stick because Lambert doesn't play them much and it's become fashionable to disagree with just about everything Lambert does

He was **** awful, barely did anything. Strolled around the pitch without giving a **** about anything. How he lasted the 90 I'll never know. Only player worse than him was Bent but of course neither will get much stick because Lambert doesn't play them much and it's become fashionable to disagree with just about everything Lambert does

Reply to either of my points above? What was his distance covered? If im wrong il hold my hands up, looked to be doing a lot of running to me

Reply to either of my points above? What was his distance covered? If im wrong il hold my hands up, looked to be doing a lot of running to me

Cant find any stats yet so just my opinion. Would say Weimann was more involved in creating chances in the short time he was on than Ireland was in his whole time on the pitch. Failed to provide much required width to support Lowton in the 1st half. The only time he did he was able to supply a half-decent ball which Benteke nearly managed to manufacture something out of. Just seemed to drift in and out the game to me and didnt look like he wanted to get involved.

Cant find any stats yet so just my opinion. Would say Weimann was more involved in creating chances in the short time he was on than Ireland was in his whole time on the pitch. Failed to provide much required width to support Lowton in the 1st half. The only time he did he was able to supply a half-decent ball which Benteke nearly managed to manufacture something out of. Just seemed to drift in and out the game to me and didnt look like he wanted to get involved.

So you would say Weimann was involved in more than 4 chances while he was on that pitch that all could have led to goals? Examples?

And he probably should have been (not that im bashing Weimann) he's a striker in a team that were all out attack, Ireland was sitting with Delph for majority of second half.

really cant believe the stick Irelands getting in the match thread after tonight and people creaming themselves over CNZ running down blind alleys again,

Ireland had one disallowed, one effort saved by a finger tip, and put one on a plate for Benteke in the first half,

Second half he was forced to play a deeper role and still was closest to scoring outside the Weimann goal, was full of running, winning possession and composed on the ball.

Seems he is getting more criticism here than on sites with the public ratings which is normal i suppose.

Wouldnt mind seeing some stats on our players from tonights game.

Ditto. He's a very good footballer but unfortunately i doubt it will ever work out for him at Villa.

Â