Stephen Ireland

omariqy

Why rightly so? He's hardly set the world alight this season...under lambert no one is guaranteed a place

Because he's a very important player to us. It showed when he went off against Southampton. Of course nobody is guaranteed a place but he'd be in there on merit.

Pathetic again today. Woeful in fact. He's getting worse and more anonymous if thats possible.

he has no role if we insist on playing long ball, its not his fault the other midfielders cant get the ball to his feet, him and bent got no service. You excuse KEA in other threads, yet its his role to get Ireland the ball and hes been failing to do so (like when other players play on top of the diamond), put your bias aside for a game or two and watch the role of other playmakers in opposition teams and the role of players around/behind them.

Easy knowing he'd be the only player youd have a pop off even though the full backs were poor...delph and KEA are doing the job of one person, bent was non existent, holman is just running...

give it a rest man

I handed criticism out to the other players you mention. KEA is a very poor player, not PL standard, Delph is a bit better. Holman yes he's just a willing runner. Ireland though I can't excuse his lack of involvement. He fates around on the periphery of games week after week. The one thing lambert got right was hauling him off after 60 mins.

We really need to start playing with 5 in midfield. It's so painfully obvious and players such as Ireland, Bannan and KEA would really improve us if they were all on the pitch together.

In pre-season and at the start of the season we were playing this system and it looked quite decent. Playing 2 upfront is useless cos our midfield isn't strong enough as a 4 to offer them much.

-------- KEA ------ Bannan -------

Albrighton -- Ireland -- Holman/Zog

-----------------Bent --------------

That team is capable of creating chances, much more than the 4-4-2 diamond narrow formation.

I think that's the only position Ireland is capable of doing any damage whatsoever.

We really need to start playing with 5 in midfield. It's so painfully obvious and players such as Ireland, Bannan and KEA would really improve us if they were all on the pitch together.

In pre-season and at the start of the season we were playing this system and it looked quite decent. Playing 2 upfront is useless cos our midfield isn't strong enough as a 4 to offer them much.

-------- KEA ------ Bannan -------

Albrighton -- Ireland -- Holman/Zog

-----------------Bent --------------

That team is capable of creating chances, much more than the 4-4-2 diamond narrow formation.

I think that's the only position Ireland is capable of doing any damage whatsoever.

I like it, but I would switch Holman and Bannan's position. Holman is such a workhorse he would push forward from the deep lying role, which is something we desperately need.

For all their faults, Ireland and N'Zog are the only players we have in our squad who can create.Holman can't, Gabby can't, Albrighton can't.

We have no alternative atm but to play Ireland and N'zog, with for me Delph and KEA holding and Weimann playing wide to Bent.No good going on about how bad he is, we have no alternative.

I like it, but I would switch Holman and Bannan's position. Holman is such a workhorse he would push forward from the deep lying role, which is something we desperately need.

Problem is Bannan will never ever be a winger. He just looks completely lost when playing there, and is continuously just cutting into the middle. I thought he did really well at the start of the season in the deep play making role. Surprised Lambert changed it to be honest.

Ireland is one of our very few creative players. He can make magic happen, he has an amazing vision for a pass. I like him and I hope he stays.

Amazing vision for a pass?? Maybe, but I never see many of these visionary passes reach an individual in a goal scoring position. People say we don't see the best of him because he doesn't have other quality players around him... Surely it's up to him to develop to suit the needs and attributes of the players around him?

Â