General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

4. Please don't lump me in with McCain. No, I have not ever considered going into politics. After spending time in Washington, DC, I don't think I would enjoy it.

Oh come on, two peas in a pod

:wink:

Expect us now to thrash Man U and lose to Fulham!!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

First up, I know you are not responsible for anything to do with team performances and that you are just a fan like us. So speaking to you as a fan, it concerns me greatly that MON's post-match analysis seems to miss the real reason why games often go against us or are more difficult than they should be. The reason is that for a side with top-4 aspirations we are simply shocking at passing the ball and keeping hold of it. Check out the stats: when it comes to possession and passes completed we are absolutely miles and miles behind the top 4 and I cannot see that changing. Considering the transfer fee paid for one particular defender I cannot believe how bad he is at finding a player wearing the same colours. I think I'd be taking him back to the Glasgow Rangers shop and asking for my money back!

On another point, to help fans understand things a little better, could MON be encouraged (!) to enlighten us on the full-back shuffle in the later stages of games? It is totally up to him what he does of course, but most of us in the stands are absolutely baffled, and might be more understanding if we knew what the point of it is.

Thanks for sharing the good and bad moments with us!

Hi General,

Just finished my dinner. Humble pie never tasted so good (see my last post). Good on you for staying positive when some of us were down!

General Krulak here:

1. What a game!! Splendid performance by the entire Squad. Special kudos to my "MOM"...Stan Petrov who I felt was magnificent. Gabby, Barry, Young, Laursen...heck, the entire team...was right up there with Petrov. Great win. MON had a good strategy and had the lads ready.

Hi general, great win yesterday, please pass all our thanks on to Martin for a great team selection.

I came on here though, to ask about travel to away games, regarding free travel to some games. I remember us doing it once before when I went away to Chelsea in the league cup midweek. Do you think it would be possible to implement this again, when we play, for example, Portsmouth away on a Tuesday night just after Christmas with it on TV? I'm sure we'd get a better following, what with it being after Christmas, and on TV; because if I remember correctly, we sold out most, if not all of the biggest allocation given away at Chelsea. Given the ticket prices I think that was pretty impressive for a Wednesday night. Offering free travel, or even a discount would almost half the price of day for some fans, dependant on the ticket prices.

For some fans who don't have access to a car or are a little short of cash I think it would be an excellent idea for a couple of games a season just to get the fans behind the team at midweek games far away that we normally wouldn't.

We also play Man City away on a Wednesday night. Do you think this is a pheasable suggestion, and do you think it could happen? I don't see why not as it happened before re. Chelsea in league cup.

Keep up the good work, thankyou for your time in reading and replying to all these posts.

General Krulak here:

1. Free transportation: I am not sure when/if we will be doing that again in the near future. With the amount of "need" we have at the Club right now, we must be smart about how we spend money. My sense is that when the time is "right", Randy will again pull the trigger.

General Krulak here:

1. Free transportation: I am not sure when/if we will be doing that again in the near future. With the amount of "need" we have at the Club right now, we must be smart about how we spend money. My sense is that when the time is "right", Randy will again pull the trigger.

I understand this, but Bolton do it regularly and last season they did it three times which cost them £81000...however; they got 5 points from the 3 games they paid for travel expenses, keeping them up and bagging them an extra £3.75m in league places - fan support is essential and perhaps it may be something to look in to for the future? I know you shouldn't really be doing it due to recession and keeping all profits etc, and I'm not saying every game or every other game. Maybe once or twice a season to the games that you think we may get the lowest attendance from Villa fans at, i.e. Portsmouth away on the Tuesday in new year, or Man City away on the Wednesday in new year coming up?

Just a thought

Regards, hope all is well

General, I've set my goals in life, I want to be involved in football, on the business side of things, I live and breathe football, so naturally it would be a dream for me.

I'm sure there's thousands that would like to work at Villa, and I'm one. Who can I contact at the club about working there for free?

I'll offer my expertise for as long as you like, I'll make tea and everything, providing you can give me the invaluable experience of working for such an illustrious business and football club.

If you'd like to PM the answer to me, as I imagine you probably get a lot interest, then feel free.

Cheers General,

Trim

general, couldn't agree more over your point on the free travel. We have a fantastic away support and even on the rare occasion that we don't sell every ticket they outsing the home fans and i think the money IS being spent already on subsidising the cheap ticket deals that help everyone fill our stadium.

General Krulak here:

1. Jobs at Villa Park: As everyone can imagine, we get hundreds of folks who want to come to work for the Villa. Very few openings exist and normally they are pretty "directed"...in other words, seeking specific talent vice generalists. (no pun intended). If someone is interested in a position at the Villa, they should direct their resumes to the HR Department at Villa Park.

2. We DO recognize the importance of away fans...Arsenal was a great example. The away fans at that game were fantastic. At the same time, we need to be judicious with our funds. The price tag on the trip to Chelsea was a good deal more than 81,000 pounds...and, as a reminder, 81,000 pounds is really about $160,000 dollars US. We just need to be careful about how we spend our funds...to ensure that we get the most bang for our buck.

General Krulak here:

.and, as a reminder, 81,000 pounds is really about $160,000 dollars US.

More like $120,000 now general, but if you're still offering that '2 for 1' rate I'll get my savings together!!

:winkold:

General (Or anyone else that might know),

Who is the guy in this photo holding the phone? Whenever Randy is shown at a game he's either sitting by you, or sitting by this guy. I'm just curious who it is.

1864F821-CCFB-DBB4-19501E43B8214DA6.jpg

thats Paul Faulkner, Randy's right hand man and the de facto CEO (IMHO general !!)