General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I took my 6 yr old Nephew to the AJAX game. He was all destined to become an blue nose like his Dad but the Ajax game and today's open training session seems to have done the job, there is only one way for him now. My parents also took my daughter to the training session today, she is only 3 and form all accounts had a great time with her cousin.She will be on the Holte with me in a few years. Would love to have made it myself today but could not get out of work. Well done to all involved arranging what sounded like a great day. 3 pts tomorrow will finish off a great week.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Obviously I should not comment on the John Carew incident other than to say that I felt MON did the right thing and John responded as the Villa man he is.

I agree General, MON did do the right thing and John responded suitably well at Wigan. Hopefully our kit sponsors benefited equally well from this occurence also....?

I was just thinking that myself, a nice 100grand would do a lot for the Acorn coffers. Or even a 50/50 split with the British Legion......

General Krulak here:

1. I hope that some of you had the opportunity to visit Villa Park today for the training session. A good time was had by all.

2. Your Club is looking at what we might do re. the NOTW article. We have put out a statement and has spoken to the major media outlets. I do not think that we will go on the "attack" because that is just not something we would do. I put down my feelings (and those of Randy) a few pages back in this thread. Our concern is that our Fans know what happened...we cannot "correct" the entire UK.

General - wish I'd lived close enough to attend the training day it looked excellent and it is a great thing to keep on doing.

Have you seen the Front Page article from OutBeEaster (Scott) to balance the NOTW one?

General im looking for an email address as I want to email the club to thank those who assisted me after an unfortunate accident at the Ajax game but i can only seem to find email addresses for the ticket office and hospitality can you help?

General Krulak here:

1. I know that there are many out there who wish the Club to pick a solicitor and go after NOTW. I would imagine that by now, most realize that this is just not something our Club would do. We, again, try to let our actions speak for us. NOTW might get a large readership but our Fans and the members of the Forces who have served and are serving are our on ly concern. Our actions will show to them where our hearts lie.

2. An e-mail to either ticket office or hospitality will get to the folks you want to reach.

3. Don_Baker: So glad that the session was such a positive one for you and your family.

4. Attendence should be between 36-37K.

General Krulak here:

1. Solid game...3 points. Not every game is going to be pretty...but winning is key.

It's been said before, that the sign of a good club is a club that can play badly yet still scrape a win out of it.

The top four clubs have been doing it for years, I think we're getting there.

Well done lads!

General Krulak here:

1. I know that there are many out there who wish the Club to pick a solicitor and go after NOTW. I would imagine that by now, most realize that this is just not something our Club would do. We, again, try to let our actions speak for us. NOTW might get a large readership but our Fans and the members of the Forces who have served and are serving are our on ly concern. Our actions will show to them where our hearts lie.

with all due respect, crappy little rags like the notw need to be taught a lesson that they cannot go around lying and making libellous statements about great institutions like ourselves because we do not fit into their agendas...

obviously it is the clubs call, but i would be straight onto a solicitor and demand a full apology in the paper so that all can see that they are liars...

but you have said you wont, so that is that...

Without trying to make this Poppy thing go further, why don't the club ask for an apology in the newspaper which explains what the club is actually doing and also ask for the newspaper to give a donantion split 50/50 between Acorns and the Poppy appeal as an apology? Make it public that this is what we've requested, and it's only fair following their incorrect story which appears to have had no research done into it.

Simple. If no apology or donation is made then they look even more of a shambles.

Well gen, hope your well. I'm in Uni in Cork in Ireland doing accounting and next year we are heading off out into the big bad world for work placement, basically what I'd like to know is would there be any positions available at the club, because if I was to venture off overseas Birmingham would be my first choice as I don't see The Villa as often as I would like! If not gen no worries, keep up the good work!

General Krulak here:

1. The 50%-50% split decision was made BEFORE any article came out. Again, we do MANY things for the Forces that we NEVER publicize...it just isn't what we do. As for going after NOTW, we just don't think that there is any gain in something like that. Our actions will speak for our Club.

2. Not a whole lots of job openings at Villa Park right now...people are very happy there. If you are seeking a position, the best thing to do is submit a CV to AVFC, HR.

3. Some folks have been complaining about a "live stream" that did not work. This was an "illegal stream"...NOT coming from AVFC. People who paid money for the stream need to be mad at the people who took the money..not at AVFC. I

General,

Just a bit of feedback for you.

I emailed the club regarding the bus services which run to games. The problem I had was I knew where the bus picked up passengers (Olton Station in my case) but not when - the OS just said 'two hours before kick off', which is pretty vague when the bus is stopping at three points quite far apart.

I put this in my email, and I received a prompt response from a guy called Lee Preece I think who also telephoned me. Now, I am still non the wiser when I can actually catch the bus without standing at a bus stop for up to about an hour I would guess, but the main thing is I got a call back and was thanked for my feedback, so well done to the club and Lee.

Lee has said they will be trying to build up estimated times of how long journeys take depending on when the kick off time is to give a better estimate of when buses arrive/leave certain stops. I look forward to this so I can start to use the bus service, which I think is great initiative by the way.

Cheers!

With the news of Spurs new 60,000 seater stadium being announced today, football stadia are in the spotlight again.

Im led to believe that planning permission is already granted for some redevelopment of the North Stand along with the filling in of the corners around VP to bring the capacity up to around 51,000, granted at the time of the construction of the Trinity Rd Stand, and that this is going to be partly funded through the 2012 Olympics.

Although were not even filling capacity now at 43k, crowds at VP are surely only going to grow steadily over years to come thanks to the way that the club is being run, both pitch side and on the corporate side.

51k seats at this moment in time sounds like an awful lot of seats to fill, but if you had asked if Man U 15 years ago if they would be needing a 70k+ seater stadium in little over a decade they would have thought you were 1 can short of a 6 pack.

Do you think it would be feasable to turn away from any corner-filling and instead replace the North Stand with a large stand-alone structure that would still take capacity to the 50k+ needed for the Olympics, but also be an impressive piece of architecture that would really set VP from so many other run-of-the-mill stadiums that are around today?

This would then leave the option open to expand further, by filling the corners in at a later date, should this be needed.

Keep up the good work

DD

Hello General,

A couple of months back you mentioned that Bob Kain would be working on some sort of marketing for over here in the States. I was wondering if this was still the case and if you might be able to elaborate.

Cheers,

Steven

General Krulak here:

1. The 50%-50% split decision was made BEFORE any article came out. Again, we do MANY things for the Forces that we NEVER publicize...it just isn't what we do. As for going after NOTW, we just don't think that there is any gain in something like that. Our actions will speak for our Club.

General,

You are a legend, but seriously? Publicize?

Great start to the season and fifty quid well spent on Wednesday to see a smile from the lad of real happiness following the win over Blackburn. As the advert goes.... Priceless.

A Villa fan forever now!

General, does the club see the pricing rise last summer as a failure?

Reciepts will probably be up on last season even though our average is down by 1,500 and probably will drop a little bit more before the end of the season.

How does the club view the slight attendance drop despite again improving so far on the pitch?

Do you blame the extra european games?

The credit crunch?

or do you think also Birmingham is not a particularly affluent area, and the current prices are very much at the ceiling of what Brummies can and are willing to pay?

General Krulak here:

1. DalianDaley: As I have indicated before, we have commissioned a well known group to look at the overall development of Villa Park...not just the stadium. This group wil make recommendations and Randy and the Board will determine how we press forward. All options are being looked at...enclosing corners would only be considered as one of the options and not necessarily a done deal or the way to proceed. As soon as we have determined the final direction, we will let the fans know.

2. holte_k1: The price rise has NOT been a failure. First off, as I said at the time, we are still at or near the bottom of the pricing scheme for Premiership Clubs. Additionally, we had not raised prices for a couple of years so we were coming off of a very low base to begin with. Our revenue has more than made up for the attendence...which, for factual information, is not much different than last year at this point in time. There is no question that the economy is having an impact of attendence...not only at Villa Park but around the League. I would expect nothing less. At the same time, we are experiencing a great atmosphere at our games, people are proud of their Club, we are into Europe and have kept prices low for those European Games. I think the Club has done very well to balance to realites of the economy with the requirements to ensure a revenue stream that will support the Team.

General Krulak here:

2. Not a whole lots of job openings at Villa Park right now...people are very happy there. If you are seeking a position, the best thing to do is submit a CV to AVFC, HR.

Might just do Gen thanks as always!

General... Wanted to ask about tickets for European away games. I now live and work near Brighton, so getting to all home games just isn't a possibility, but I get to as many South East away games as I can get tickets for.

Over the past 18 years have been to a dozen away Euro games and now Lovech, but getting tickets is impossible through the club.

I had to travel all the way to Bulgaria on the hope of getting a ticket in the Villa end, or possibly pay a large amount of money to sit in an unknown section of the home ground, putting myself at risk.

As it happened, the ground wasn't even 1/4 full in the Villa end with some 350 English Villa fans, and 50 or so locals. Now it seems that the 1500 allocated tickets have all sold out again, and I am now in the same position as before with Flights and Hotels booked for Prague.

I would have thought that priority for Euro tickets would be given to those that have been to previous games in this campaign?

Thanks...