General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

4. My favorite moments at Villa to date have been the '82 team reunion and game and the 5-1 victory!! My lowest moment has probably been Stoke....

The favourite moments you mention, General, are proper, real, top moments, I'm not so sure that Stoke is a proper real low moment though. Obviously it was for you, but if that's the lowest you experience, you're very very blessed, frankly in your Villa time.

I went to Stoke, and to be honest there was much about the game day that was good - not so much from Villa, sure, but that game, that atmosphere created by both sets of fans, the spirit of both sides, the quality of some of the play, was what I like about English football. It had soul.

It's the stuff with no soul that I believe makes real low moments. Whether that's thugs like Barton, as Mike Mooney says, being rewarded despite their thuggery, whether it's agents just taking, people with no honour and no respect, whether it's owners buying and selling clubs for personal gain with no thought for the institutions they acquire and dispose of, or greedy plans to take our game away from us and play it abroad.

Back to the Stoke game, I don't doubt your disappointment, but the fact that we can all feel that it was a blip, in terms of the result, and general direction of the side, rather than (as with results in the past), a genuine indication of deep seated problems at the club shouldn't get anyone too down.

It's been a hell of a lot worse than that in the past. If that stays as your low, you've nothing to fear and a lot to be thankful for, as will we all.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, Paul Faulkner represents the Club at many meetings. Although some might see him as young, he is very experienced and has worked with Randy for years...and with me, for that matter. He is bright, articulate, knows football, has a good relationship with MON and the folks at Bodymoor Heath. He is NOT the CEO but carries some very important day-to-day responsibilities. I have all kinds of time for Paul....he is a good leader and a good pereson. As I have tried to articulate before, we look at Villa as a "Family" and each member of the Family has specific duties to perform BUT, each Member also "does windows." In other words, the key is selfless...do what needs to be done without worrying about who gets the credit or if there is a title involved. This is the way YOUR Club now operates....and why Paul is so effective. He does windows.

2. WBA will be shown at Holte Suite and Holte Pub.

3. Blandy: I hope you are right about Stoke. I guess I was just so excited about the season that I felt this was one we should have taken...and when we didn't, I was gutted.

4. Let me look into the Villa Specials.

Gotta ask this Gen.

You have watched a lot of football now, either in your old Tranmere days, or over the last two years. You must now be like the rest of us in believing that you could take a side to the Champions League Final.

Even if you don't mean it (like the rest of us) do you sit at games absolutely cussing MON for making a decision you think is ridiculous !!. Ie: subs, or, as many of us (including me) said when the team was announced for Pool "why the hell is Milner on the bench" - we all know it's easy to be a manager in the stand, but we still do it - surely you do the same ??

If you are back on Tuesday - can you give injury updates from the internationals so far ?

Cheers

General,

Are there any translators working at Villa or do they come in on a freelance basis?

Keep up the good work, UV

Not wishing to answer for the General but I believe that Lorna McClelland can speak at least three languages fluently and also teaches the foreign players English - so I guess it would possibly only be necessary to get in translators for any players whose native language is not spoken by Lorna

General,

I watched the Browns game on Sunday night, ouch is the best of it really.

The Browns clearly left the defense in the locker room during the 1st half with Tony Romo making a mockery of the secondary, but credit has to go the Comboys offensive line who were phenominal in my opinion. Glad to see the blitz work so effectively in the second half though and I hope that Romeo looks to build on that against the rushing offense of Pittsburgh. If only Derek Anderson had made better use of his opportunities and Braylon Edwards was match ready I think the Browns would have been a lot closer, though the loss always seemed inevitable. I guess that is what happens when injuries rule out your better players though there were some definite highlights like the TD pass for Kellen Winslow and there were some positives, that if applied on a more consistent basis could see the Browns return the favour to many an opponent.

Here's hoping that not too many were disheartened over in Cleveland. The stadium look great by the way and the atmosphere very passionate not too unlike our own :thumb:

Bring on the Steelers...

Jon

I think it would be better if more travel packages were available from the club for our European away games. £790 is very steep, i know a lot of fans can book it themselves but i think a lot more fans would be interested if the club laid on special packages at cheaper prices. Man City do it and they took 800 fans to their away game in the last round, we took 60 and are only taking 300 this time

Hi General,

1st post to yourself, so would just like to start of by saying a very big thank you to yourself, Randy, Martin and all the rest of the people behind the scenes who are very much taking this football club in the right direction to where we want to be.

Just heard the news about Bouma signing his new contract, which has brought a massive smile to my face as he is both a cult hero to us all, and also one of, if not the most consistant and improved players since Martin took over, and in my opinion thoroughly deserved it. It is very pleasing to see the club stay loyal to a player and reward him accordingly even though he suffered such a horrific injury. Im just so happy to have such genuine people looking after our club and doing all the right things in all the right areas and in the right way.

Staying with Bouma, is there any further news as to how his rehabilitation is coming along? I know he is probably still in a cast but just thought i would pose the question. Also, as someone said earlier in the thread, if he is now mobile (crutches), is there any chance that maybe he could make an appereance either before kick off or at half time so that us fans can show he is not forgotten and we are all still wishing him a speedy recovery?

Now for a little bit of a gripe, on the opening day of the season against Man City, i left my seat (Doug Ellis Upper) at half time to get some refreshments. And as expected there was a sizeable queue already formed. I waited patiently in line for more or less the whole 15 mins to be told once i got to the front of the queue that they could no longer serve me a pint as the match was about to restart even though i had waited a good 15 mins. Now i know rules are rules and will not be changed, but is there any other ideas that could be posed to try and resolve this as i know i was not the only person a little annoyed to have waited that long and be refused to be served. Could there be a way of 1 person taking the money and another serving as the whole process of 1 person being served just seemed to take ages. Sorry if this has been asked before General.

Once again thank you very much to all of you involved in taking this great club to where it should be once again.

Best regards,

Richard

I think it would be better if more travel packages were available from the club for our European away games. £790 is very steep, i know a lot of fans can book it themselves but i think a lot more fans would be interested if the club laid on special packages at cheaper prices. Man City do it and they took 800 fans to their away game in the last round, we took 60 and are only taking 300 this time

I am going on the Villa one and agree its expensive but also same thing as Man City package and they charged 975 to their fans to go with the players .

Just wondering why we only have 230 tickets for the Litex game? The away end holds 1000 and they were expecting 1000 of us so why did the club only accept 230 tickets? There seems to be quite a bit of demand for this game aswell.

If we make the group stage i would hope the club would start accepting the full allocations