Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

After much hype and many recommendations I finally started Breaking Bad this week and just finished season 1. I'm not slating but is it true it gets better? I was pretty hooked from the off!

With arguably the exception of season 2, each season has been better so far in my opinion. It's tough to compare one to two as season 1 is only 7 episodes and it was supposed to be 9 but the writers strike meant they couldn't really tell their full story. If you kind of see 1 & 2 as the one season, 3 is better than both of them, 4 is better than 3, 5 is probably going to be better than 4.

After much hype and many recommendations I finally started Breaking Bad this week and just finished season 1. I'm not slating but is it true it gets better? I was pretty hooked from the off!

Yep, you are in for one hell of a ride.

Really? I thought season 3 kind of started slow & obviously episode 7 One Minute is a brilliant episode & the last 2 are absolutely fantastic, I just felt your average season 4 episode was better than your average season 3 episode, season 4 too has some fantastic episodes particularly the last 4. 

I'm not saying season 4 or indeed any of the seasons are bad, they're all fantastic, but season 3 is my favourite. The ending to the penultimate episode of season 3...

'Half Measures', where Walt runs over the guys Jesse is storming towards, gets out of the car, shoots the one in the head and then just growls, "Run..." is probably my favourite piece of TV ever. Also 'Fly' is a great episode that really stands out from the rest.

Edited by Ginko

I'm not saying season 4 or indeed any of the seasons are bad, they're all fantastic, but season 3 is my favourite. Then ending to the penultimate episode of season 3...

'Half Measures', where Walt runs over the guys Jesse is storming towards, gets out of the car, shoots the one in the head and then just growls, "Run..." is probably my favourite piece of TV ever. Also 'Fly' is a great episode that really stands out from the rest.

It's incredible ending alright, my girlfriend has got into in the last 2 weeks and is now one 306 can't wait till she finishes this season :)

It is a different show now. I find it hard to compare this series to the rest.

3 is probably my favourite, but 4 has Gus at his best. 5 is a different beast entirely.

I completely agree with this, 3 is my favourite, although 5 might out do it.

The wonders of modern technology eh. I've watched while cooking, eating, lifting, shitting and lying down. The international break meant that I've had roughly 20 extra hours not watching football in the last 10 days too that were all reallocated. Swap out reading in bed and put in BrBa and it pretty much didn't affect my schedule at all, I even managed ~20hrs of sport/exercise in that time.

When do the new episodes get put up on Netflix?

my two favoritye scenes are

No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

and

when Jesse phones Walt 'you got my message bitch' and the whole conversation after when he is threatening to burn 10 grand every minute.

and finally any scene with Huell in it

also another great scene

Walter: Jesse, look at me, you are a blow fish.
Jesse: What?
Walter: A blow fish, think about it. Small in stature, not swift, not cunning, easy prey for predators, but the blow fish has a secret weapon, doesn't he? Doesn't he? What does the blow fish do, Jesse? What does the blow fish do?
Jesse: I don't even know what...
Walter: The blow fish puffs up, okay? The blow fish puffs himself up four, five times larger than normal but why? Why does he do that? Because it makes him intimidating, that's why. Intimidating so that the other scarier fish are scared off and that's you. You are a blow fish. Don't you see? It's just all, all an illusion. It's nothing but air. Now, who messes with the blow fish, Jesse?
Jesse: Nobody.
Walter: You're damn right.
Jesse: I'm a blow fish.
Walter: You are a blow fish. Say it again.
Jesse: A blow fish!
Walter: Say it like you mean it!
Jesse: I'M A BLOW FISH! BLOW FISH! YEEEAAAH! BLOW FISHIN' THIS UP!
[Jesse takes big bong hit]

disagree with a lot of the other comments. 

Season 3 was the worst followed by season 2.

Season 4 & 1 were the best.

so best to worst:

S4 - best

S1

S5 (so far)

S2

S3 - worst

Â