US Presidential Election 2012

legov

Looking at the video's from yesterday one of the striking things was the mix of the relative parties. The Democrats seem to cover all races, all genders, all ages, whereas the Republicans were 99% white and judging by appearances people of wealth. Seems familiar hmmmmmmm

So what you are saying is Republicans = New Labour ???

Each to their own I guess

Looking at the video's from yesterday one of the striking things was the mix of the relative parties. The Democrats seem to cover all races, all genders, all ages, whereas the Republicans were 99% white and judging by appearances people of wealth. Seems familiar hmmmmmmm

Assuming you actually mean this and aren't just posting for effect, you really have jumped the political shark.

• Like 1

I think the Republicans being for older whiter males is a given isn't it?

They were breaking down all the voting demographics earlier today and it was along the lines of 99% of the black vote, 75% of the hispanic vote and 30% of the white male vote went for Obama.

Personally, I'd have been more interested in seeing it broken down as economic groupings. I'm guessing the poor and medical insurance lacking people voted Obama. It just translates that many black and hispanic are poor and lacking health insurance.

I think the Republicans being for older whiter males is a given isn't it?

They were breaking down all the voting demographics earlier today and it was along the lines of 99% of the black vote, 75% of the hispanic vote and 30% of the white male vote went for Obama.

Personally, I'd have been more interested in seeing it broken down as economic groupings. I'm guessing the poor and medical insurance lacking people voted Obama. It just translates that many black and hispanic are poor and lacking health insurance.

You are pretty much spot on with those figures.

I also saw some which had something like 60% of 18-24 years olds, 57% of 24 - 35 year olds and 55% of 35 - 44 year olds voting for Obama and then in the 45 - 54 and then 55 and above section it increasing swung in Romneys favour.

It was also shown that a far higher percentage of women voted for Obama.

This piece is quite interesting.

It mentions the well-circulated point that

The simple fact, as Lindsey Graham, the centrist Republican Senator from South Carolina recently put it, is that: “we’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business.”

We all know that generating anger against other poor or racially different groups is an old classic in the efforts of reactionary parties to get poor people to vote against their own economic interest.

Still working, after all these years...

There's been quite a few comments from Republicans recognising that the demographic they appeal to is just too narrow.

Texas, second only to California in electoral votes, will be a swing state as early as 2020, with all the Hispanics there. When Texas goes blue, it is officially over for the GOP in presidential elections. There will be no way back, unless they reconfigure their platform with regards to immigration policy, but that's a slippery slope because they run the risk of losing some of their base support.

They are well and truly f*cked.

47413_498014240232998_209705628_n.jpg

Good to see the back of the fraud that is Romney. Glad i won't have to pay any attention to any of his dozen faces again! (two faced aint enough for him! :P)

Just a shame he has so many bloody sons. I'm sure one of those will be along one day to play the game..

As did another generation of Kennedy's yesterday, Joe Kennedy the 3rd. He won Barney Frank's seat in Congress on his name only. He's only 32, but with his name and money, he's got the job on lock for life...

As did another generation of Kennedy's yesterday, Joe Kennedy the 3rd. He won Barney Frank's seat in Congress on his name only. He's only 32, but with his name and money, he's got the job on lock for life...

Assuming the "curse" doesn't get him

Texas, second only to California in electoral votes, will be a swing state as early as 2020, with all the Hispanics there. When Texas goes blue, it is officially over for the GOP in presidential elections. There will be no way back, unless they reconfigure their platform with regards to immigration policy, but that's a slippery slope because they run the risk of losing some of their base support.

They are well and truly f*cked.

Not if they clamp down on immigration though - do federal laws override state laws when it comes to this issue?

Can illegal immigrants vote?

That's what I was talking about - the DREAM Act the Democrats have proposed for a long time gives a lot of these undocumented immigrants legal pathways to citizenship and hence voting rights.

It would be in the interest of the Republicans to clamp down on proposals like this.

Â