US Presidential Election 2012

legov

Lol, I will say it again. The republican's chose the wrong candidate.

The problem is they're going to keep choosing the wrong candidate because their candidates have to pander to the deeply religious nutjobs to get the nomination in the first place.

There won't be a moderate republican candidate whilst the tea party has such a big say in who gets the Republican nomination, I can see the Republican candidates being unelectable for a long time.

The fact that the tea party are now saying Romney lost because he was too moderate just says it all. He lost to a "liberal" opponent because he was too moderate, yeah, just think about that one for a minute.

• Like 1

The problem is they're going to keep choosing the wrong candidate because their candidates have to pander to the deeply religious nutjobs to get the nomination in the first place.

There won't be a moderate republican candidate whilst the tea party has such a big say in who gets the Republican nomination, I can see the Republican candidates being unelectable for a long time.

The fact that the tea party are now saying Romney lost because he was too moderate just says it all. He lost to a "liberal" opponent because he was too moderate, yeah, just think about that one for a minute.

Although if you follow through the line of argument that some Republicans are exploring, about appealing to a demographic that's just too narrow, that might strengthen the resolve of the non-Tea-Party side of the party to try to appeal to a wider group. Could be a difficult couple of years for them while they hammer that one out. Lots of internal arguments, and tears before bedtime?

Agreed. As I said in a previous post, it was a shitty, loony list of candidates. Perry, Bachmann, Cain...

Saw on flipboard yesterday that a load of online sucession petitions have been started in 20 states, asking that they peacefully become independent from the rest of the country.

Only in America (and Scotland )as the saying goes

Saw on flipboard yesterday that a load of online sucession petitions have been started in 20 states, asking that they peacefully become independent from the rest of the country.

Only in America as the saying goes

Typical septics. When the going gets tough they just start their own country !

Only in America as the saying goes

Hmm, isn't Scotland voting to break from the U.K.? <_<

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still utterly stunned by the number of people in America who genuinely think food stamps and healthcare are "handouts." (technically they are, of course, if we want to talk about semantics)

Â