Confirmed: Culverhouse and Karsa join villa from Norwich

abc123cox

Who cares if Norwich got a few quid or not . It won't make up for them losing the best manager they have had in donkeys. Regardless of what their fans may tell you , Hughton is not a very good manager , they don't have the financial resources to do anything other than survive and their squad is a much of a muchness. It's only a matter of time before they are back in the football league IMO.

Just glad it's all done and dusted. Honestly couldn't care less about the minimal fee Norwich received, as other's have said it won't make up for losing a manager with Lambert's ability along with his trusted coaching staff.

Thanks for the compo, at last!

Just confirmed, we'll spend it wisely rest assured.

You're either trying to cover your very burnt arse or I'm guessing a story has leaked out (using Twitter to a local journo is quite a low for the CEO of a current Premier League club) that some form of settlement has been reached, as I predicted a couple of weeks ago:

From recent experience, I have no confidence in McNully presenting the facts correctly; if C & K do join Villa, I'm sure he will claim a settlement was agreed and then leak a fictional amount to a local journo, knowing the BS will spread far and wide.

By the time the season starts I'm expecting Wiz to be pointing us towards information that we've spent half of our annual income on gaining C & K's services.

Wiz, unless any compensation is stated by both parties, it might as well be buttons or absolutely nothing. You do realise that McNally needs to save face and it is possible that he's 'agreed compensation' of next to, or actually, nothing? It's also hypocritical of McNally to hint at compensation received but refuse to discuss possible compensation paid out for Hughton. Believe me, despite the league position progress under Lambert, McNally's actions :shock: this summer have not done your club any favours.

At best for you, enjoy spending your 'token' amount. I suspect you'll need every penny. :winkold:

McNally just had a bit of a baptism of fire to Premiership football and the cut-throat nature of the business in this league. Whilst im glad we are finally doing this type of business its normally us who isnt coping with the cut-throat nature of the league.

McNally has been great for Norwich and likely didnt expect any of this when he refused Lambert permission to talk to us.

Reminds me more of Randy Lerner when we had a fee agreed with Newcastle for Jimmy Milner, as far as he was concerned it was all done and dusted and he likes to be a stand-up fella and keep his word. When they pulled the plug on it Randy wasnt happy I imagine and now we see him going about his business in a different way.... Bent didnt we pay Sunderland straight away some of the money - even if we hadnt agreed terms with DB they'd have got some of the fee right?

This will be a similar experience for McNally.

I dont understand whats with our fans needs to bitch and gripe at the Norwich fans. We'd be pissed off if it happened to us. Will be interesting to see how many of the people griping at Wiz will be throwing toys out of the pram if PL does something similar to us.

more backroom staff added...

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFCOfficial

Roddy MacDonald has returned to Villa from Celtic, assuming his role as head of sport and exercise medicine with immediate effect. #AVFC

Roddy MacDonald has returned to Villa from Celtic, assuming his role as head of sport and exercise medicine with immediate effect. #AVFC

he is a straight replacement for Dr Ian McGuinness

he was also our fitness coach under Martin O'Neil (yes the man who made us fit till 90min when we scored most of our winning goals!

You know I presume, that McNally was at Celtic with Lambert, then CEO at Fulham under AlFahid, yeah, he's new to this CEO lark!

Like McLeish managed Scotland, Rangers, Small Heath and Aston Villa - doesn't mean he is any good though does it :)

You know I presume, that McNally was at Celtic with Lambert, then CEO at Fulham under AlFahid, yeah, he's new to this CEO lark!

Yet he is making a cock of himself by Dave Whelan measures.

Why haven't the press picked up on your bogus compensation claims?

he was also our fitness coach under Martin O'Neil (yes the man who made us fit till 90min when we scored most of our winning goals!

Wasn't our fitness coach Jim Henry?

And i remember us conceding alot of late goals rather than scoring them under MON

We already have Adrian Lamb at the club who is our fitness coach i thought

Wasn't our fitness coach Jim Henry?

And i remember us conceding alot of late goals rather than scoring them under MON

We already have Adrian Lamb at the club who is our fitness coach i thought

Adrian Lamb is still our fitness guy. Jim Henry was the chap before and he followd MON to Sunderland. The role of club doctor is different and Roddy Mcdonald is one of the best. Credited for getting Shearer, Owen (kind of) and Henrik Larsson back playing. Was previously with us under MON.

Pretty sure he was the club doctor under MON as he has been at Celtic. This is a very different role from fitness coach - the club doctor is responsible for the overall health of the players and ensuring individual injuries are dealt with effectively. I think Roddy McDonald (NB "@AVFCOfficial" hasn't quite grasped how to spell his name) has a good reputation in this area.

We don't seem to have a fitness coach at present - nothing listed on the AVFC site, not even an unfilled post.

Recent fitness coaches have been:

Under McLeish our fitness coach was Adrian Lamb, who came from Blackburn. He now seems to have gone.

Under Houllier, Robert Duverne (he of the late night drunken row with Dunne/Collins)

Under O'Neill, Jim Henry, who was with MON at Celtic and has now rejoined him at Sunderland.

Feels as though we have a good back room staff set up this time round rather the bodged nature of Houllier and McLeish's teams. I'm still curious as to what a head of football operations does, is he a glorified coach or does he handle contract and transfer matters?

Â