General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I have been talking alot about Dempsey over the past week or two, and I am back with more. The boy is definitely not going to Liverpool now. Pretty sure there is no club with the ability to offer CL football after him, so he is surely going to be forced to reassess his options after bridges have been burnt with Fulham. We really need to pull our thumb out and do whatever it takes to get the lad. He is exactly what we need!

Martin Jol said he would welcome him back anytime.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been talking alot about Dempsey over the past week or two, and I am back with more. The boy is definitely not going to Liverpool now. Pretty sure there is no club with the ability to offer CL football after him, so he is surely going to be forced to reassess his options after bridges have been burnt with Fulham. We really need to pull our thumb out and do whatever it takes to get the lad. He is exactly what we need!

Martin Jol said he would welcome him back anytime.

Nae chance. That is just what Jol has to say so they don't get robbed of Dempsey. Why would he say the player has absolutely no future here, then obviously clubs will lowball the hell out of Fulham on the transfer fee giving them absolutely no leverage in negotiations.

Bent for Defoe and £10 million would be worth a go...

Problem with that is that would end up as a straight swap, Lerner would pocket the £10m.

IT'S LERNER **** MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!111!!1!

Jesus this pisses me off. Lerner is the sole owner. It's all his, Villa Park, BMH, the players everything. It's his.

He has poured millions into the club and posts like this just sound like ungrateful beating.

Back on topic, £10m and Defoe for Bent? I'd take their arms off. We should be selling Bent. Contributes nothing to wider play and isn't prepared to put the shift in to make something for himself.

Well said.

Although I disagree about DB. When given the right kind of service he's a prolific scorer. They don't grow on trees. We should do what it takes to make sure he gets chances, and goals are guaranteed.

This is Dempesy's last chance at a big wage packet. If he demands too much and we can't pay it, he might aswell stay at Fulham. He's getting on abit too, how many more years are we going to get out of him? Not worth the money i'm afraid.

Although I disagree about DB. When given the right kind of service he's a prolific scorer. They don't grow on trees. We should do what it takes to make sure he gets chances, and goals are guaranteed.

Only the **** Villa would finally get around to buying an out and out goalscorer and then go and sell the entire supply line. How Bent has almost managed to continue his 1 in 2 scoring ratio whilst playing under 2 dismal managers is almost a miracle in itself.

If it wasn't so tragic you'd almost want to laugh.

Someone posted this afternoon that if Bent was top class he'd be playing in the champions league. Whilst not 'guaranteed', if our midfield still consisted of Downing, Barry, Milner and Young he 'might' well be

But the Villa way is to sell of bits of the jigsaw to buy others thus always leaving it incomplete and a pain in the **** arse

Agent_ITK‏@Agent_ITK

Darren Bent could make a surprise return to #THFC, depends on wage demands. #Spurs #Football #Villa #AVFC

Really. Cant see it myself.

Much as I like Bent - a swap with defoe with cash in our favour enabling us to get matt philips as well - it wouldn't be the worst move.

although AVB has such an ego - i couldn't see him going for an old boy return.

Are you Matt Phillips' agent? :P

Problem with that is that would end up as a straight swap, Lerner would pocket the £10m.

Jesus this pisses me off. Lerner is the sole owner. It's all his, Villa Park, BMH, the players everything. It's his.

He has poured millions into the club and posts like this just sound like ungrateful beating.

Back on topic, £10m and Defoe for Bent? I'd take their arms off. We should be selling Bent. Contributes nothing to wider play and isn't prepared to put the shift in to make something for himself.

Well said.

Well said? So again you're someone who'd have no problems if we were relegated? No issues if ticket prices were doubled? Not bothered it we sold Bent and gabby and didn't make any money available for a new striker?

He can do anything he wants because it's his club and you'd be happy would you?

I'd rate Defoe at about 6m considering he's about to turn 30. I'd rate Bent at 25m considering he's 28 and still banging em in

Spurs would literally have to pay 19m and Defoe to even get me to sadly accept the deal. And even then, ONLY WITH A WRITTEN PROMISE FROM SKINFLINT LERNER THAT ALL THAT £££ WOULD BE SPENT REPLACING BENT. Because Defoe is not a replacement at all

But Randy never spent the 18m from Milner on replacing him, or the 18m for Young on replacing him, or the 20m from Downing on replacing him so I wouldn't hold my breath in anticipation

He's less than useless in my eyes these days

Well said.

Well said? So again you're someone who'd have no problems if we were relegated? No issues if ticket prices were doubled? Not bothered it we sold Bent and gabby and didn't make any money available for a new striker?

Lerner is losing money on the club and still hasn't raised the ticket prices. He can not be "pocketing" a penny until the club makes a profit, since he is the owner of the club. We all want a super-wealthy owner, but I'll settle for a fairly wealthy one who contributes his own money to the club. And while he is contributing his own money we owe him at least the respect of offering constructive criticism rather than abuse.

Tbf if we don't sign anyone else this month I'll not be too impressed, but it's unlikely you'd have to say.

Being direct is fine as long as it's the right thing to do against the opposition you're playing. We're not going to play like Arsenal so we're going to need to have the ability to mix it up a bit.

We need a Plan A, Plan B and Plan C.

It can not be said/written any better than this.

stoke apparently clsoe to getting huddlestone on loan. why if this s true are we not targeting him??

he is exactly the kind of player we are missing in midfield. sign him up lambo!!!

When was the last time he had a consistent run in the Spurs first team? He's always injured. No thanks.

Well said.

Lerner is losing money on the club and still hasn't raised the ticket prices. He can not be "pocketing" a penny until the club makes a profit, since he is the owner of the club. We all want a super-wealthy owner, but I'll settle for a fairly wealthy one who contributes his own money to the club. And while he is contributing his own money we owe him at least the respect of offering constructive criticism rather than abuse.

Tbf if we don't sign anyone else this month I'll not be too impressed, but it's unlikely you'd have to say.

Bearing in mind a season ticket at Arsenal buys you 3 at Villa, I would argue that an increase in ticket prices isn't unjustified.........

Well back on topic of transfers because some people never let go of their Randy hate and it is a argument that goes in circles....

Read this morning, think it was The Sun so :D ....but anyways, they said Fulham would look at Eduardo if they sell Dempsey. Had forgotten him, but I think he could be a decent player to play as a second striker, has both the speed and the finishing along with experience. Not to mention he probably hates Blues too! :winkold: