General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not sell before we buy, it's one out one in. Although I understand why this is taking place, I think we've saved £5 million on last seasons wage bill and our squad is quite frankly awful.

The window ain't closed yet

We say that this time every year and always end up disappointed. What makes this year so different?

The fact that this time we have already brought in several new players.. This isn't a MON situation where no one has been looked at yet and we are hoping he actually does something in the final 2 weeks, we have already done things so we know that if Lambert wants a few more in after Saturday's game it will more than likely happen.

It's the quality of signings that should be of interest to Villa fans, not quantity. The players who have joined this summer are nothing more than average. The type of signings a promoted team would make, not an established PL club like Aston Villa. If we don't make some quality signings before the end of August we are going to struggle this season. Lerner needs to pull his finger out or we'll be in deep shit.

So what you are saying is for the past few yrs you have kept an indepth journal on the careers of vlaar, KEA, holman and lowton, and in your professional opinion they are average?

Or are just saying they are average because you have never heard of them??

Just like nobody had heard of tiote, cabaye and cisse??

The squad has a lot of unknowns about it.

How will the likes of Bannan, Albrighton, Weimann and Clark do under a progressive manager?

How good are the new signings? Lambert really needs his new signings to produce. The fact he places a big emphasis on character makes me think they should do.

Will the likes of Ireland, N'Zogbia and Bent work in the tactics we want to employ?

Therefore I understand why some people are worried about the squad. However I like the thought of hungry players with something to prove as opposed to the average squad of large earners teams like QPR are putting together. I expect Lambert to have his team fired up. I think we will become a bit of an Everton in time. If that means top 8 finishes for the next few years, then I am fine with that.

How will the likes of Bannan, Albrighton, Weimann and Clark do under a progressive manager?

How good are the new signings? Lambert really needs his new signings to produce. The fact he places a big emphasis on character makes me think they should do.

Will the likes of Ireland, N'Zogbia and Bent work in the tactics we want to employ?

Therefore I understand why some people are worried about the squad. However I like the thought of hungry players with something to prove as opposed to the average squad of large earners teams like QPR are putting together. I expect Lambert to have his team fired up. I think we will become a bit of an Everton in time. If that means top 8 finishes for the next few years, then I am fine with that.

Yes, well they are 'known, unknowns'.

I think it's sink or swim for many of them, Lambert will give them a chance this season, a proper chance, but if they blow it they'll be out.

I still think we're two or three signings short, hopefully that will be addressed before the window shuts.

This season is really a transition, I don't expect much.

Yes, well they are 'known, unknowns'.

I think it's sink or swim for many of them, Lambert will give them a chance this season, a proper chance, but if they blow it they'll be out.

I still think we're two or three signings short, hopefully that will be addressed before the window shuts.

This season is really a transition, I don't expect much.

I would have actually said they were 'unknown knowns'.

It's 'unknown unknowns' I'm looking forward to this season ;-)

I would like a striker who can pick up the ball and bang one in from 25/30 yards, a kind of younger Defoe really. I'd love a player in the mould of Milner & also a competent left back, all should be doable for about £16mil.

Phillips handed in a transfer request at Blackpool according to Twatter. Need to hoy a bid in now or I can see him going to Southampton.

The player that so many Villa fans are jizzing over is only going to Southampton?

I've never seen him play but the way fans go on about him I thought he was the next Ashley Young?

Phillips handed in a transfer request at Blackpool according to Twatter. Need to hoy a bid in now or I can see him going to Southampton.

The player that so many Villa fans are jizzing over is only going to Southampton?

I've never seen him play but the way fans go on about him I thought he was the next Ashley Young?

only going to Southampton?

Ramirez is on the verge of signing for them...doesn't mean he is a poor player, for what its worth he is a fantastic one...

i'd welcome Phillips, he's got real potential...

cannot see Southampton signing Ramirez and Phillips

only going to Southampton?

Ramirez is on the verge of signing for them...doesn't mean he is a poor player, for what its worth he is a fantastic one...

i'd welcome Phillips, he's got real potential...

cannot see Southampton signing Ramirez and Phillips

Bit disappointed Ramirez doesn't have the self confidence to back himself for a bigger club to come in for him. He is only 21 so has time.

I wonder what motivates him....

Maybe the £30k NET per week they will pay him or the £780k signing on bonus.

Would also welcome Phillips but wonder what price it would be, especially as Holloway appears to hate our club!

Also want to see what Henke, our new Head European Scout can produce in the next few weeks.

Surely he will already have a few players in mind???

The window ain't closed yet

We say that this time every year and always end up disappointed. What makes this year so different?

Funny thing is apart from the last two years I haven't been that disappointed, cant speak for anyone else

You were one of the most negative posters on here before McLeish got the push. Our signings this pre season have been underwhelming at best. I don't know how anyone in their right mind be so positive going into the new season with our squad being so weak. Unless you know something we don't I suggest you're quite deluded with your optimism.

I think your first sentence covers it "before Mcleish got the push" I think most were at that time as well

I'll help you out and add more to that, I was also pissed off when Houllier was here and towards the last year of MON as it became pretty clear that strategy was changing. Before that point I was pretty happy and now I am pretty happy again. But not sure what a post about me serves rather than a post about the opinion

Really Southampton are Signing Gaston Ramirez? Sweet F'ing god :o he's the sort of player we should be after!!!!

Ramirez for the best part of £12m, Nathaniel Clyne, potentially Phillips, Jay Rodriguez for £6m - Southampton are spending big and will be looking to finish above us.

Really Southampton are Signing Gaston Ramirez? Sweet F'ing god :o he's the sort of player we should be after!!!!

Ramirez for the best part of £12m, Nathaniel Clyne, potentially Phillips, Jay Rodriguez for £6m - Southampton are spending big and will be looking to finish above us.

Maybe they will but all of those players bar Ramirez are unproven at the top level.

I think our signings are better (might swap Clyne for Lowton as a similar project but really not much in it)