General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I do belive that some fans still is under the impression that we are too big a club to loan players from other clubs, that this is "smalltime" and something Bolton or Fulham does, but not a club like Villa.

I think times have changed and that they are wrong

Agreed. Some fans want us to go out sign quality players from BIG clubs and seem to forget that for the last 2 seasons we have come quite close to going down. We may not be an attractive proposition for a player to join us permanently from a bigger club without paying stupid wages and dicking our finances again.

Maybe a couple of loans to help us progress up the table next season will help and come next summer we can start to attract better players?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do belive that some fans still is under the impression that we are too big a club to loan players from other clubs, that this is "smalltime" and something Bolton or Fulham does, but not a club like Villa.

Agreed. Some fans want us to go out sign quality players from BIG clubs and seem to forget that for the last 2 seasons we have come quite close to going down. We may not be an attractive proposition for a player to join us permanently from a bigger club without paying stupid wages and dicking our finances again.

Maybe a couple of loans to help us progress up the table next season will help and come next summer we can start to attract better players?

I agree. This season for me is all about not going down - and dog getting into a relegation scrap. If that means we have to have loan players thats fine with me.

we are not too big to benefit from loans, but ultimately you'd hope we could avoid doing other teams a favour by developing their youth for them when we are sposed to be so good at it ourselves.

Getting a loan of an established quality prem player who isn't getting game time makes sense, but taking a piece of coal and returning it a diamond while paying a fair whack for the privelidge should be avoided.

The Jermane Jenas debacle is a good example of why loans are a bad idea also.

take one injury prone player who doesn't get a game for his club, let him play three games get injured yet again and pay millions in wages.

The problem with the Kyle Walker loan was that we didn't he'd be as big as success as he was, how could we not have wanted to buy him? Villa made a balls of it by not agreeing a fee as part as the loan deal. Was I glad he was here, of course, gutted we missed out and replaced him with Hutton, yes.

Arsenal got Benayoun on loan last year, Chelsea got some players on loan during José's time there, Maniche comes to mind. How can a club be too big to benefit from a loan deal absolutely madness.

Spurs obviously knew he would be a big talent, and probably didn't want us to have an option to buy...

I'm pretty sure from what MM said, walker had his heart set on joining the villa after his loan....the thing was nobody expected him to do so well.

Spurs obviously knew he would be a big talent, and probably didn't want us to have an option to buy...

Did they really though? How many games had he played for them before moving to us? 2 league games. At a time where Hutton was regularly playing surely they would have just thrown him in at the deep end, when Corluka was injured. They obviously thought he'd have potential but we should have said we wanted a deal in place to make it permanent.

Did they really though? How many games had he played for them before moving to us? 2 league games. At a time where Hutton was regularly playing surely they would have just thrown him in at the deep end, when Corluka was injured. They obviously thought he'd have potential but we should have said we wanted a deal in place to make it permanent.

Yeah spurs didn't know at all - he excelled while with us

Arsenal got Benayoun on loan last year, Chelsea got some players on loan during José's time there, Maniche comes to mind. How can a club be too big to benefit from a loan deal absolutely madness.

man city, spurs also got loans last season

Yeah spurs didn't know at all - he excelled while with us

You can't honestly believe Spurs didn't know how good Walker was and would be? Seriously? Even if they weren't sure they will have had an idea. It was never on.

Ridiculous series of posts. Some of you live on a different planet.