General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Rather have Heskey back than sign Owen even if it's on a pay as you play contract.

Kenwyne Jones could be good for the right money, problem is none of our players can cross the ball

Edit: Actually thought he was younger than (almost) 28, so on second thought it's a no for me

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

Also hearing Villa have had a bid accepted for a current premier league forward. #avfc

If it is Jones then I'd not be too pleased. Living and working a stones throw from the SOL most Sunderland fans think he was lazy as **** and even his managers said it was so hard to motivate him.

i'd be happy with Kenwyne Jones to Villa if it meant a) a deal involving Hutton going the other way and B) the price was no more than 5/6 mil. When he and Bent played the one season together Bent got 24 goals and I believe when asked who his favourite strike partner has been over the years DB has said Jones. Maybe not the most exciting signing that we might have been hoping for but one that might work on a few different levels and at 5/6 mil that should leave a few more pennies for other areas we need new signings in. At 28 he's still got a couple of good years in him, might have a point to prove, been off the pace for a while some might say but miabe Lambert might be the manager to get him back on track? Dunno, see what happens I guess.

I wouldn't be thrilled with signing jones. If we aren't going to spend enough to bring in proven quality then I'd rather look abroad or in the lower leagues.

I don't think Jones would bring much to us, he's not a great goal scorer and since being a hot prospect at Southampton and starting well at Sunderland he's gone downhill.

At 28 he's older than I thought he was and I'd much rather look elsewhere.

I wouldn't be thrilled with signing jones. If we aren't going to spend enough to bring in proven quality then I'd rather look abroad or in the lower leagues.

I don't think Jones would bring much to us, he's not a great goal scorer and since being a hot prospect at Southampton and starting well at Sunderland he's gone downhill.

Agree with all of this.

urgh. Jones no. Rather re-sign Heskey.

Would obviously back Lambert#s judgement, but would have an air of the harewood about it, in spite of all the well wishing, you know he'd be shite and then impossible to get rid of to another club. Overseas or someone else please.

B) the price was no more than 5/6 mil.

May aswell have stopped there mate. They bought him for 10. Theyre not going to let him go two seasons later for half the price ( and lets be honest its not as if hes doing bad )

With MON in charge anything is possible.