General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Annan a few years ago when I saw him a lot for Rosenborg in the Norwegian Tippeliga. Very aggressive and a poor man's Essien so to speak, with a hopeless shot in him mind.

But, if he cannot cut it in Germany why would he do it in England?

Not to fan the flames or anything, but is there anyone at our club that is good enough to get in the Schalke 04 starting eleven at the moment?

Yes to Yoshiadi and Annan. Huge yes to any LB that isn't Warnock. Then Johnson and Sturridge as marquee signings. One thing is for sure our squad needs more quality in depth in forward areas.

Then Makoun, Hutton, Delfouneso and Warnock out.

While I would never expect it tbh, two potential LB's I would love us to go for that surely wouldn't break the bank in terms of wages/transfer fee would be either Timmy Chandler from Nuremberg or Fabian Johnson from Hoffenheim. Both very tidy players in my opinion, who almost fit into the wingback mold, so they would definitely be able to provide us width in attack, and I think the two are also competent defenders.

The Sturridge link is pretty daft if you ask me.

He opted for Chelsea when he left Man City, shows he has got belief in himself and wants to play for one of the best teams.

He was their topscorer last season, is still very young (plays in the Olympics of course) and has several years still to even develop as a footballer.

Why would he leave Chelsea for Aston Villa? No person in their right mind would do that, he played 28 league games for them last season. Out of all the midfielders and strikers he played the 3rd most minutes. Yes I undestand they have signed a few new attacking players and I know Torres is the one they want to excel, but I am pretty confident he would take 25+ games for Chelsea as opposed to 30-35+ games for Aston Villa challenging for the 10th place in the league.

The link has absolutely no relevance, he just won the Champions League and should be chuffed to bits about his position in the team. The Adam Johnson-link of course holds much more validity, because they have 20 world-class midfielders and all of them are in huge demand compared to him. Another thing is that Mancini does not seem to appreciate him much, taking him out of the team when he has just scored or assisted in a game. 6 goals and 6 assists in 1000 minutes, yes please.

1h Barnesy ‏@jbnffc

@ITK_TRANSFER I went mate. #nffc fan. I know only pre season but if that's villa starting 11 next season I would worry. Good fans though

must have been a different match to the one I went to, apart from warnock, I thought we had a good game. Played some lovely football.

The scoreline flattered Forest.

Johnson & Sturridge as marquee signings. One thing is for sure our squad needs more quality in depth in forward areas""

Please God not Sturridge just sooo selfish.. OK thats not a bad thing in a decent striker but for me he simply ain't that decent so has no right to be so selfish... Also he just got us knocked out of the Olympics with his missed Pen

:(

Villa eye Schalke star

Aston Villa have been put on red-alert after Schalke told Anthony Annan to look for a new club.

The 26-year-old has not featured in any pre-season games for the Bundesliga club and a summer switch looks inevitable.

Annan was loaned to Vitesse Arnhem last season and the Dutch club are also keen to secure his services again.

However, the Ghana international admits there has been some interest in him and is optimistic about his future.

Embarrassing

"I have not been called up for any pre-season games - it's embarrassing," he told Skysports.com.

"There has been some contact from clubs but I have two years on my contract with the German club, so we will have to see what happens."

Paul Lambert is apparently a fan of the combative midfielder who would bring his energy and industry to the Villa midfield.

1h Barnesy ‏@jbnffc

@ITK_TRANSFER I went mate. #nffc fan. I know only pre season but if that's villa starting 11 next season I would worry. Good fans though

must have been a different match to the one I went to, apart from warnock, I thought we had a good game. Played some lovely football.

The scoreline flattered Forest.

Well you must have went to a different game that I went to. When was this 'lovely football' played? We barely crept over the half way line, and when we did the ball was quickly given away. We created about 2 or 3 half chances all game and that was that. Dreadful performance from a really average team.