General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

It's clear that Lambert had his scouts watching over Feyenoord last season and it's clear he was going to be getting players like KEA and Vlaar for Norwich, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Guidetti who scored 20 goals in 23 apps for Feyenoord was also being scouted. Lambert so far has summed up his transfer policy by going for value for money and Guidetti is value for money, he's £6 million and Ronald Koeman has likened him to Ibrahimovic if he's half as good as him then he's a bargain at £6 million.

Is that really that clear though...it was fairly well known our chief scout under McLeish was looking quite frequently at the Dutch league, so I would not be surprised if we are using alot of the scouting done under last season's management. But hey, if that is the case, it can put one bright spot on what the man did for our club.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-----------Given

-----Vlaar------Clark

Lichaj------------------Cresswell/Bennett

--------El Ahmadi

---------------Ireland

-----Sinclair---------N'zogbia

-------Guidetti----Bent ©

Subs

Guzan

Lowton

Baker

Herd

Albrighton

Agbonlahor

Weimann

Maybe the bench could do with strengthening tbh.... but a good side imo

685.jpg

randy_marsh_jizz.jpg

Would you guys be happy with this come Aug 18th??

-----------Given

-----Vlaar------Clark

Lichaj------------------Cresswell/Bennett

--------El Ahmadi

---------------Ireland

-----Sinclair---------N'zogbia

-------Guidetti----Bent ©

Subs

Guzan

Lowton

Baker

Herd

Albrighton

Agbonlahor

Weimann

Maybe the bench could do with strengthening tbh.... but a good side imo :)

Where's Holman?

Lot of unknowns in there. But would be exciting to see how it fared.

The above picture is just vile :'( Hahah

Vlaar probs in yes, but Guidetti is a severe unknown atm (would love him here tho)

and Cressy/Bennet has been a little bit stagnant for a bit now.

Sinclair to Liverplop over us maybe?

maybe another Centre Half probably would be a good idea if we could get another in as we have Vlaar, Clark, Dunne and Baker.

I'd like us to ship Dunne out as well as Collins to bring in A.Williams or S.Caulker giving us Vlaar, Williams/Caulker, Clark & Baker as our CB options. I can only wish at this point.

I read somewhere that Guidetti is injured and out for the next 3 months, so can't see that happening.

according to Gooooooooooogle

he was ruled out of the Euros, and still not fit now but no mention of him being ruled out for 3 months.

He's ruled out going back to Feyenoord on loan

Swansea and Sunderland have been sniffing round him back at the end of May.

It's clear that Lambert had his scouts watching over Feyenoord last season and it's clear he was going to be getting players like KEA and Vlaar for Norwich, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Guidetti who scored 20 goals in 23 apps for Feyenoord was also being scouted. Lambert so far has summed up his transfer policy by going for value for money and Guidetti is value for money, he's £6 million and Ronald Koeman has likened him to Ibrahimovic if he's half as good as him then he's a bargain at £6 million.

Is that really that clear though...it was fairly well known our chief scout under McLeish was looking quite frequently at the Dutch league, so I would not be surprised if we are using alot of the scouting done under last season's management. But hey, if that is the case, it can put one bright spot on what the man did for our club.

The only one they can take credit for is Holman. Everyone else is Lambert.

Aye, well of course at the end of the day, Lambert's team gets credit for those signings...only saying that previous scouting may have played some sort of role in some of our other signings...not suggesting by any means we should erect a statue of McLeish outside of the Holte or something.

Wasnt Numan here pre-McLeish anyway? I always thought he was the one scout with a passport and we had just forgotten about him out there in the Netherlands and left him stranded there. Now Lambert's come in and removed his emails from the 'Junk/Spam' folder and hey presto! players start arriving.

I don't see why we can't sign a player who's injured for 3months.

We signed Downing when he eas injured for 6-8months.

Completely OT. But what do the little football symbols mean under our names over here....

<---------------------

Why are man city selling him?

He's 20 and is currently behind 4 other strikers. He's good but still unproven at Premier League level in comparison to Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko. Man City may not be happy to sell but Guidetti no matter how good he is, is facing the possibility of being a bench warmer at City for another 2-3 years which he may not want.

Wouldn't they be better off loaning him again? I'm sure there would be a number of good clubs willing to take him on loan after the season he had in the Netherlands.

Seems like they would be silly to sell him so soon, can't see it myself.

Even though the talksport article linked in this thread is dated months before Lambert joined and mentions that villa are after KEA ??