General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

So hang on, Gazton said we were after a striker he didn't mention Man City yet everyone is seemingly convinced we are after Guidetti? Is there any more substance to this that I've missed or reason to think he is the striker in question?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa are tracking Manchester City striker John Guidetti, on loan at Feyenoord, and his team-mate Karim El Ahmadi.

Villa scout Arthur Numan was at the De Kuip Stadium earlier this month to see in-form Feyenoord draw 1-1 with RKC Waalwijk, according to VI.nl.

This was put on clubcall on the 24th of february.

They were spot on about us looking at El Ahmadi.

People would still moan that we are loaning younger players from bigger clubs and the fact he is not that bigger a name

I would moan if it was a loan deal. I don't see the point in it.

We have young strikers that need games so i wouldn't see the point helping out a player and another club while our players have no chance to develop.

would really like guidetti to come

but so far the rumors/speculations feels too similar to the ones of OSG. Fans letting it spiral and getting their hopes up based on pretty much nothing

yeah i agree, don't want to get too excited just yet before i see a more solid link but it still looks like it might have something to it.

Thanks Big_John.

I had seen that and I agree they were spot on about El Ahmadi but there is nothing really to say that they will be right about Guidetti.

The reason I say that is that article is based upon Artur Numan scouting both players but he has since been dismissed by Lambert so I'm not sure if he or his reports on players are particularly valued. While it is true that we signed El Ahmadi I don't think this was on the basis of Numan's scouting as I think he would have been a target for Norwich had Lambert remained there, Lambert himself said recently he was a player he had been aware of for some time suggesting his interest pre-dated arriving at Villa.

I therefore personally think that the fact we signed him and that Numan had previously scouted him for McLeish are a coincidence, which means I'm not sure we can conclude from that article that we retain an interest in Guidetti.

Genuine question...

How many people have actually seen guidetti play? What is his style? I've seen a lot if comments of people saying we should definitely sign him, but is this just on the basis that he scored a few last yr??? I've never heard of him (like kea and Holman) and therefore can't comment on how good a signing he would be

People would still moan that we are loaning younger players from bigger clubs and the fact he is not that bigger a name

I would moan if it was a loan deal. I don't see the point in it.

We have young strikers that need games so i wouldn't see the point helping out a player and another club while our players have no chance to develop.

What if he scores 15-20 goals for us? Still no point?

Maybe this rumour from Holland is just a fan of Feyenoords rivals winding them up

but he's a man city player. He was only on loan at Feyenoords. why would they get wound about about it?

Thanks Big_John.

I had seen that and I agree they were spot on about El Ahmadi but there is nothing really to say that they will be right about Guidetti.

The reason I say that is that article is based upon Artur Numan scouting both players but he has since been dismissed by Lambert so I'm not sure if he or his reports on players are particularly valued. While it is true that we signed El Ahmadi I don't think this was on the basis of Numan's scouting as I think he would have been a target for Norwich had Lambert remained there, Lambert himself said recently he was a player he had been aware of for some time suggesting his interest pre-dated arriving at Villa.

I therefore personally think that the fact we signed him and that Numan had previously scouted him for McLeish are a coincidence, which means I'm not sure we can conclude from that article that we retain an interest in Guidetti.

I completely agree its a weak link and i have high doubts there is anything in it. But although Numan was let go its possible a couple of his suggestions were ones that lambert was interested in..