General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need that sort of player rather than a Carroll to get the best out of DB9

To get the best of Bent we need a young Sherringham or Beardsley but no idea where we will find one of those.

I always thought Shane Long would work well with Bent

Another player we missed out on IMHO

I can't say I really rate Long as being anything other than top 5 Championship level striker.

We could inquire whether a certain ROI striker would be Keane on coming back to us on a one year rolling contract until we find a younger version?

I was watching Sturridge closely in the Olympics earlier and my thought process went "Mmm he is a bit greedy isn't he....Oh what a finish!" :)

If we had he and Nzogbia in the same team, I doubt we would see a pass.

Im as far away from ITK as possible.. thousands off miles actually.. but i think we are signing Guidetti.

On twitter some dutch fans from Feyernord are saying he has been spotted in Birmingham and wants to sign due to El Ahmadi and Vlaar also joining. Also works with Gazton saying were after a man city striker.

2 + 2 = 4... or 144.. we shall see.

Given

Lowton

Vlaar

Clarke

Bennet

El ahmadi

Sinclair

Holman

Ireland or Bannan

Bent

Guidetti

Now that’s an awesome team!

Based on what exactly?

4 of them have played in the Premier League, the rest are completley unproven and could turn out to be gash at this level.

didnt he? someone did? lol...

I don't know that is why I was asking lol

If he did then that is good enough for me, he is one of the few people that post info that they've not made up or got from a mate in the pub or worse Twitter!

Given

Lowton

Vlaar

Clarke

Bennet

El ahmadi

Sinclair

Holman

Ireland or Bannan

Bent

Guidetti

Now that’s an awesome team!

Hmmmmm not sure, looks like a team that could either win big or get anhilated. Someone should test drive that team on FIFA at say west ham away then everton home. See what happens

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is returning from the US to deal with mounting speculation about transfer plans for next season.

Lambert is on the trail of £6m-rated Ipswich defender Aaron Cresswell after cooling on Feyenoord’s Dutch international Ron Vlaar.

And Villa defender James Collins is being heavily linked with a £2m move away. Collins’ former manager Martin O’Neill is said to be interested, while the Welsh international’s former club – West Ham – also want him back, according to reports from London.

Villa’s interest in 22-year-old Cresswell was confirmed by Ipswich manager Paul Jewell last night following the former Tranmere defender’s appearance in a pre-season friendly at Cambridge. Ipswich value the player at £6m – way beyond the £3m Villa are preparing to offer.

Lambert has yet to confirm whether his move for Dutch defender Vlaar is dead or just in cold storage while he awaits other developments.

Clicky

*EDIT - Sorry was in Todays gossip collumn on BBC, its a few days old, booboo by them.