Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I must be one of the few that thought he played okay. He struggled to get into it as much as he could. But he does things most people wont notice. He pressed well and kept the ball moving.

The fact that our team has been overrun quite a bit with the other players in the squad.. and this time we didn't.. I hope he keeps his spot. He has experience and it calms the younger players. He has an impact.. hopefully he can start playing more consistently.

Shame people are writing him off already.

I must be one of the few that thought he played okay. He struggled to get into it as much as he could. But he does things most people wont notice. He pressed well and kept the ball moving.

The fact that our team has been overrun quite a bit with the other players in the squad.. and this time we didn't.. I hope he keeps his spot. He has experience and it calms the younger players. He has an impact.. hopefully he can start playing more consistently.

I'm with you.

I still think he is struggling a bit with the pace of the PL but will come good. He could use someone like Petrov with him, though.

i guess they are writing him off because he had been a disaster, this is the critical signing that has not worked, the central midfield player that we need but dont have, its not his fault that he is not good enough, but he is not good enough, pure and simple.

i guess they are writing him off because he had been a disaster, this is the critical signing that has not worked, the central midfield player that we need but dont have, its not his fault that he is not good enough, but he is not good enough, pure and simple.

I would like to think "Not good enough yet."

In a lot of cases, it takes a while (a season or so) for a player to adapt to the PL after coming in from another league.There are a few exceptions to this rule though (Sissoko at Newcastle springs to mind).

I'm not gonna write him off after seeing him play 16 or so games.

The flip side is that we're not in a position at the moment to allow a player in his position time to find their feet. They have to hit the ground running.

For me however, I think he's shown glimpses of what he can do. I'm hoping he can really push on after this half season he's had so far. Lord knows we need him to.

I would like to think "Not good enough yet."

In a lot of cases, it takes a while (a season or so) for a player to adapt to the PL after coming in from another league.There are a few exceptions to this rule though (Sissoko at Newcastle springs to mind).

Sorry to pick you up on this, but you can hardly say sissoko is an exception to the rule, he has played 2 games.. Who knows what will happen in the future... After 2 games kea had a goal and a very high pass completion rate, and even though we had lost both, he had got much acclaim from press and fans..

Agreed it can take time to learn a new league and agreed we don't have that time

I just dont think he played that bad on the weekend. Dont get me wrong he wasnt great.. but he was apart of the midfield that dominated everton and we were 3-1 up. Doesnt normally happen with Bannan and Delph. Id rather see how KEA goes.. seen enough chances for those 2.

KEA is not fit enough yet for Premier League and that shouldn't be the case. He is currently too slow to close people down, he is a weak tackler, poor in the air and really just pointless unless he can address his core fitness issues.

He is certainly not the tough tackling, dominant hard man that he bragged he would be after signing ...... that has proved seriously embarrassing !

I just dont think he played that bad on the weekend. Dont get me wrong he wasnt great.. but he was apart of the midfield that dominated everton and we were 3-1 up. Doesnt normally happen with Bannan and Delph. Id rather see how KEA goes.. seen enough chances for those 2.

Sorry but we didn't 'dominate' Everton.

We were very effective in the final third, thanks to the brilliance of Benteke, and the pace of CNZ and Gabby.

He can't cope with the pace and physicality

The thing is I thought (I could be wrong) that Feyernoord who posts on here said KEA is quick, and Vlaar is slow. It's actually turned out to be opposite. The problem has been that none of our midfielders have the physicality for it, hopefully bringing in Sylla will mean KEA/Westwood can do their jobs properly (although Westwood has been doing well without any 'steel').

Â