Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Oh yeah I saw that.  I know he has a great shot on him.  Realistically Sylla, Delph, Westwood and Al Ahmadi will be our central midfield players this season.  Delph had a good effort against Arsenal but I cant remember too many from him.  I think only Al Ahmadi has scored a PL goal right?

Thought he was very good again last night.

Seems to be winning a lot of interceptions/snapping tackles this year which is good to see. Much sharper all round.

Would imagine if we do sign someone it will be KEA's place under threat but he has let nobody down so far this year.

• Like 1

I'm delighted people are coming around to how good he has been. The general beat-up pre the Arsenal game from some quarters was ridiculous considering his MotM performance against Crewe. Ironically a lot of the people bagging him cited how poor he was in pre-season. I swear some people don't watch the games critically or wouldn't know football if it gave them an uppercut. 

• Like 1

I'm delighted people are coming around to how good he has been. The general beat-up pre the Arsenal game from some quarters was ridiculous considering his MotM performance against Crewe. Ironically a lot of the people bagging him cited how poor he was in pre-season. I swear some people don't watch the games critically or wouldn't know football if it gave them an uppercut.

KEA has had nothing but compliments since the season started. The fact some thought he was outshone by Delph in the Arsenal game seemed to irk you but that doesn't mean people were putting KEA down. I haven't read anyone who hasn't been delighted to see the turnaround in El Ahmadi's form and his new-found status as a genuine starting option for us. I can understand pre-Arsenal complainants because in fairness other than as you say a pre-season game against a lower league side he hadn't done anything meaningful to that point for a long time. But right now after 4 competitive games into the season everyone is very happy with him.
  • Like 1

KEA has had nothing but compliments since the season started. The fact some thought he was outshone by Delph in the Arsenal game seemed to irk you but that doesn't mean people were putting KEA down. I haven't read anyone who hasn't been delighted to see the turnaround in El Ahmadi's form and his new-found status as a genuine starting option for us. I can understand pre-Arsenal complainants because in fairness other than as you say a pre-season game against a lower league side he hadn't done anything meaningful to that point for a long time. But right now after 4 competitive games into the season everyone is very happy with him.

I knew I should have added that the negative comments weren't necessarily on here. Like I said in another post, on another website pre-Arsenal there was a poll where over 75% said  No to him even being at the club! This was after the Malaga where I thought he was one of the best players in the first half and they are far from a lower league side.

• Like 1

I knew I should have added that the negative comments weren't necessarily on here. Like I said in another post, on another website pre-Arsenal there was a poll where over 75% said  No to him even being at the club! This was after the Malaga where I thought he was one of the best players in the first half and they are far from a lower league side.

Right.

Well fair play to you for seeing what others couldn't see, you win internet points. I personally always thought he had ability but wasn't sure he would ever get up to speed as it were with the pace and physicality of the premier league. I thought he would remain a bit part player but it turns out he's worthy of a start. Fair play to him and that's great news for us, could well be another Lambert success story. But that doesn't make the criticisms (or the poll you've cited) any less valid at the time they were made. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Ironically you said this about Fabian Delph March 11th:

"Hahaha. Sideways/Backwards passer who can't dribble for shit as he has the touch of a baby elephant at times. I love how he is become a revelation for some fans playing "better" than he has and we still lose" 

• Like 1

Â