FIFA Confederations Cup 2013

hogso

Fred might have scored, but that was all about Neymar.   The more I see of him the more I think he will be a huge success at Barcelona. 

Brilliant punditry from Lawro there:

Steve Wilson - So, what do you think of Paulinho, the player Spurs are getting heavily linked with?

Mark Lawrenson - Er, um. He's alright. 

• Like 1

Hulk, what a big fairy tit. And I'd tell him if I saw him.

Fred's a great name for a player if you ask me. Loving Pereira for Uraguay, proper little terrier.

And good to know that according to Steve Wilson, this is a derby game!

Steve Wilson - So, what do you think of Paulinho, the player Spurs are getting heavily linked with?

He's not the type of player that catches your eye. I have hardly noticed him in this competition. Do you think he'll be a good signing for Spurs?

So in a minute Brazil will have Bernard, Oscar and Fred on the pitch.  I don't like the current trend of Brazilian players sounding like English forenames. 

He's not the type of player that catches your eye. I have hardly noticed him in this competition. Do you think he'll be a good signing for Spurs?

I'm not sure, but if the BBC are willing to pay me somewhere in the region of £500k per annum to be a football expert then I might do a bit of research on the lad.  Lawro does not justify his salary in any way, shape or form.   I think he would have been sacked about ten years ago if only he hadn't unwittingly provided Alistair McGowan with so much material. 

The BBC coverage has been done to death in the punditry thread but their policy of employing former star players (and to be fair to Lawrenson, he was an exceptionally good player) to do the bare minimum. The BBC employ hundreds of journalists, they could maybe rotate a few of them into their football coverage. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Rev, I wasn't defending Lawro. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Paulinho looks average to me. Not that Lawro's comment added anything one way or the other, which is usually the case.

Â