Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Czech Republic was dreadful all tournament and deserve to go out. no ambition at all especially playing that waster up front. JIracek and Pilar looked shattered at end tonight amount of running they did in tournament

Czech Republic was dreadful all tournament and deserve to go out. no ambition at all especially playing that waster up front. JIracek and Pilar looked shattered at end tonight amount of running they did in tournament

So dreadful they won 2 out of 3 games in their group :lol:

Cristiano is clearly a top player, but his behaviour tonight was terrible. Constantly moaning at team mates throwing his arms around when the pass did not go to him, shouting at team mates. Shaking his head when a shot was missed. Even though he is their star player, I imagine that he is unpopular in their squad.

He is reminding me of Stoitchkov mid 90s and Henry mid 00s the way he is getting angry at his team mates.

Yeah Ronaldo's goal just edges it for me, given the circumstance & importance

Plus I love a diving header

Top class

Does CI stand for Clinically Insane? Because you are a lunatic!

Wtf

Go do one

I'm just basing that on your views from the past months from "All glory to Alex McLeish" to Ronaldo's simple goal apparently being better than Ibrahimovic's

It's been Jiracek but of course no one will agree because he is Czech. He has proven to be a great CM this tournament.

Isn't Jiracek a winger?

Cristiano is clearly a top player, but his behaviour tonight was terrible. Constantly moaning at team mates throwing his arms around when the pass did not go to him, shouting at team mates. Shaking his head when a shot was missed. Even though he is their star player, I imagine that he is unpopular in their squad.

He is reminding me of Stoitchkov mid 90s and Henry mid 00s the way he is getting angry at his team mates.

He's always been like that, petulant ego driven word removed.

When we talk about Englands great tournament players, the obvious ones get mentioned like Bobby Moore, Lineker, Platt, Owen, Geoff Hurst. But Steven Gerrards performances for England in tournaments is up there with them. He has set up 3 of Englands 5 goals so far and had a huge hand in 1 other even though he did not directly set it up. He has more assists then any other player at the Euros. If we go back to the 2010 he was clearly Englands best player, and managed to score aganst the USA and set up Upsons goal too. If we then go back to 2006 he scored twice and got 1 assist. Gerrard unlike Lampard has performed well for England in tournaments and deserves great credit. Bad back pass against France in 2004 aside, he has never let his country down.

Lampard was England best player in 2004 and notched a few goals. thing with Gerrard its ok getting your goals and assists vs Trinidad and Tobago, USA and Ukraine but in bigger games vs the Germany, Spain, Portugals he usually becomes a luxury player under previous regimes

He was the only England player who came out with any credit in the England game against Germany and crossed for Upsons goal. Secondly you can only play well against who you are up against. USA and Ukraine were not bad sides.

Agree that Lampard (or possibly Rooney) was Englands best player in 2004 but Lampard was very poor in 2006 and 2010.

It's been Jiracek but of course no one will agree because he is Czech. He has proven to be a great CM this tournament.

Isn't Jiracek a winger?

He is a CM who can play the wing. With Rosicky and Plasil, Bilek pushed Jiracek out wide to get him on the pitch.

Oh and Milan Baros retired from international football after the game. Still think he can play but he can't play as the lone striker. He needs someone up top with him. He can't do it all at this point in his career.

If there is one thing you can be sure of with the Greeks is that they will give it their best shot, that and they will be trying to pinch some Euro's from the German's pockets.

Joke works better if you say "The Greeks are trying to pinch the Euros from Germany's pocket"

Has a double meaning then 8)

Â