Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the Czech's negative approach. It's not like they're playing one of the big sides like, er, England...

I honestly blame Chelsea's CL final win for a new era in "containment" football

England did it v France

Zzzzzzzzzzz

It's really annoying that one of the most technically gifted footballers I've ever seen has to be such a bellend.

That said, good riddance to the style the Czechs have put on display

1st game out of the groups and the 1st rubbish game

Pearce is unsurprisingly red raw thanks to ronaldo, their commentary has fitted in with the game, I think Portugal can do it, pains me to say it, problem is ronaldo needs 14 shots per goal

Moutinho is a very good player, was linked with Chelsea and was surprised they didn't get him.. think he would be perfect for them.

The myth that Ronaldo doesn't do it on the big stage should be over (although in my opinion it was all rubbish anyway)

Coentrao has had a good tournament so far aswell.

It's really annoying that one of the most technically gifted footballers I've ever seen has to be such a bellend.

That said, good riddance to the style the Czechs have put on display

We lost our most creative player to injury. If Rosicky was playing, we would be playing a very different style. Once Bilek stupidly took off Darida for Rezek, I knew any chance of attacking football would end right there. Against Russia and Greece, Czech played good football because of Rosicky. The Russia game was way too attacking but the first half against Greece was good.

The myth that Ronaldo doesn't do it on the big stage should be over.

Why? He ran the show vs 2 very poor teams, it wasn't exactly beckham vs Greece stuff was it? Next round or the final in a game that they are expected to lose he plays out of his skin and inspires them to victory then that's different, 14 odd shots and a winner vs an awful Czech team doesn't dispell the myth

The myth that Ronaldo doesn't do it on the big stage should be over.

Why? He ran the show vs 2 very poor teams, it wasn't exactly beckham vs Greece stuff was it? Next round or the final in a game that they are expected to lose he plays out of his skin and inspires them to victory then that's different, 14 odd shots and a winner vs an awful Czech team doesn't dispell the myth

So he has a few bad games that means he doesn't do it on the big stage? Look no further than last season against Barcelona, Copa del Rey Final before that and of course here sending his team to the semi final.

Also it's quite easy to call the opposition poor, had he not scored people will easily say well the opposition were poor so why didn't he score.

I'll agree the opposition were poor but it was still a big game and had he not scored I would bet money people will say "Ronaldo doesn't do it on the big stage again".

Yeah Ronaldo's goal just edges it for me, given the circumstance & importance

Plus I love a diving header

Top class

Does CI stand for Clinically Insane? Because you are a lunatic!

Yeah Ronaldo's goal just edges it for me, given the circumstance & importance

Plus I love a diving header

Top class

Does CI stand for Clinically Insane? Because you are a lunatic!

Wtf

Go do one

Â