Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think if Portugal were to beat Spain or France Ronaldo would probably be a certainty for World Player of the Year

In any other year yes, but can you ignore the man who scored 82 goals? Dont wanna turn this into yet another ronaldo v messi debate but I am just saying.

i think if portugal win it with madrid winning the league and messi winning just the cup then it'll be close, i still prefer messi, i think he's a better player

and id still argue that last night summed ronaldo up, 2 flashes of absolute brilliance with the goal and hitting the post alongside around 12 other shots (some of them ridiculous) a couple of stupid free kicks that he smashes nowhere near goal (he's almost as tedious as "beckham territory") at least 2 10 minute periods where things werent going his way and he looked switched off and that classic ronaldo moment of his skipping across the pitch waving his arms swearing because a pass was slightly over hit

he's a grade A **** rocket polisher and thats why any day of the week id vote for messi

i think if portugal win it with madrid winning the league and messi winning just the cup then it'll be close, i still prefer messi, i think he's a better player

and id still argue that last night summed ronaldo up, 2 flashes of absolute brilliance with the goal and hitting the post alongside around 12 other shots (some of them ridiculous) a couple of stupid free kicks that he smashes nowhere near goal (he's almost as tedious as "beckham territory") at least 2 10 minute periods where things werent going his way and he looked switched off and that classic ronaldo moment of his skipping across the pitch waving his arms swearing because a pass was slightly over hit

he's a grade A **** rocket polisher and thats why any day of the week id vote for messi

The only thing the Germans have on Greece is the Economy

Birds, food, football, weather, more birds it Ellas all the way!!!

Come on my greek soliders!!!

Not sure, Greek food is a bit, well greasy, whereas the food in Bavaria is great

They also have better beers

& as for women, I'm still in love with that German bird who sang 99 Red Balloons

turkeys away is polands home shirt

greece is swapping the colours round from the home shirt, blue with white addidas stripes

Well if Greece is swapping colours then that explains my confusion. I think it is not the first time thye have swapped colours. They seem to wear the white just as often as the blue.

On the subject of Portugal they now deserve to be regarded as one of the top footballing nations of Europe. This century they have made 3 semi finals (2000, 2006 and 2012) as well as 1 final (2004). They have also produced 2 ball'on dor winners as well as many other top players. Before 2000 they rarely qualified for tournaments.

I think there are 7 heavyweight nations in Europe - England, Italy & France, Germany & Holland, Spain & Portugal.

think if Portugal were to beat Spain or France Ronaldo would probably be a certainty for World Player of the Year

I think so too.

Messi flopped at the Copa America last year.

Greece definitely has better looking women.

I can't believe I'm doing this when the attractiveness of women is the subject of the post...

...but I agree with you

I think there are 7 heavyweight nations in Europe - England, Italy & France, Germany & Holland, Spain & Portugal.

1 of them hasnt made a semi final in in 16 years while Turkey have made 2 since then and Czech made a semi and a final

1 of them hasnt made a semi final in in 16 years while Turkey have made 2 since then and Czech made a semi and a final

We have underachieved in recent years but still only 4 other European nations have won a World Cup.

While you're right Zatman, I'd go back to the 'form is temporary' adage. The Czechs had a golden generation that is now largely gone and Turkey aren't even in these Euro championships. A heavyweight for me is a side with the potential always to do some kind of damage and certainly to qualify for 90% of finals competitions. I agree with the 7 heavyweights listed above, despite isolated examples of achievement elsewhere.

I think the Germans just edge it on the football Dem but you sure do have a lot of swimming pools*.

(*certainly more than you admit to)

:D

And Birds(unless you like hairy women) and i think i enjoy German food more to...well they do have the weather.

then villa and forest are heavyweight clubs in England as in a select few to win European cup

It's not just that though.

We are actually still among the top teams now.

Turkey haven't even qualified for the last two tournaments.

And the Czechs were not in South Africa either.

You only to look at the FIFA World rankings where we are consistently ranked in the top 10.

Denying that England are a major footballing power is like denying that Liverpool are a big club.

then villa and forest are heavyweight clubs in England as in a select few to win European cup

You didn't read what I wrote. Particularly

A heavyweight for me is a side with the potential always to do some kind of damage and certainly to qualify for 90% of finals competitions
. Forest haven't 'done damage' or been relevant for a generation and in Premier League terms we haven't been a contender for 20 years. So, no, neither of us are heavyweights based on the definition that I put forward. It's a fairly simple definition.

Â