Euro 2012: Quarter finals

The_Rev

ENG v ITA - Another tight game, Italy will have more possession but if England score first I think we'll hold on

England need to get ball away from Pirlo and they have a chance and will cut off supply to Cassano and Mario

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with that is Pirlo plays a deep playmaker role. If Parker stays with him it'll draw him out and leave space for the rest of the Italian midfield. It's a tough position to stop, especially with a 4-4-2.

Problem with that is Pirlo plays a deep playmaker role. If Parker stays with him it'll draw him out and leave space for the rest of the Italian midfield. It's a tough position to stop, especially with a 4-4-2.

I think Rooney will do it, Croatia put Modric on him in the second half and Italy looked pretty poor after that.

Chiellini confirmed out for the game, that's a big blow to them. Wonder if they'll go 5-3-2 or 4-3-1-2.

In my opinion, Gerrard has been the best centre mid in the tournament.

I'm now gonna run away and have a shower because I feel dirty.

It's been Modric for me.

It's been Jiracek but of course no one will agree because he is Czech. He has 2 goals in 3 games including 2 game winners. He has proven to be a great CM this tournament. Even when Rosicky went out injured, he took over and kept the Czechs playing well.

Also love how everyone is assuming we will lose just like how everyone assumed we wouldn't get out of the group. Portugal is tough but Czech can be beat them if they play to their potential.

It's been Modric for me.

Modric against Spain :shock:

Best player on the park by a mile.

1. he wont start

2. english defence will be so deep be nowhere to run into

This.

English defence hasn't caught a single player offside yet (although the Ukraine "goal" should have been offside)

That indicates how deep we sit

It's been Modric for me.

It's been Jiracek but of course no one will agree because he is Czech. He has 2 goals in 3 games including 2 game winners. He has proven to be a great CM this tournament. Even when Rosicky went out injured, he took over and kept the Czechs playing well.

Also love how everyone is assuming we will lose just like how everyone assumed we wouldn't get out of the group. Portugal is tough but Czech can be beat them if they play to their potential.

Check my post hstory, I mentioned how well Jiracek has played. Especially against Greece.

It's been Modric for me.

It's been Jiracek .

It hasn't.

He's been excellent, but he hasn't been the best in the tournament.

Gerrard and Modric have both been superb and, I know it's cliché because it's Spain, but Iniesta's been fantastic so far too. Schweinsteiger gets an honourable mention too

for me i wouldnt say all round best midfielder but a player who has done his job efficiently with little fuss is Motta always impresses me, Karagounis has done well considering he is past it

As for England vs Italy it is really strange that for 2 regular qualifiers of major tournaments they rarely meet in them

Â