Letter Of Complaint

Villamad08

Small for age, gutted for you mate as will work!! Just a tip Ollie as i did it at 15/16

Bulk up a bit by using some weights mate (bench press) and then adult shirt will fit you mate, just a thought as i was only around 5ft 1 or 2 when 15/16 but now around 5ft 8!!

See what you can do fella and good luck!!

Cheers mate!

Will work mate if you want any advice on nutrition to buy to help just drop me a Private Message on here!!

In Two months got massive and ripped back then mate!! will work for yourself and you will be gobsmacked and envy of ya mates! trust me! anyway mate.. good luck, drop PM if you need any advice or help mate

So, you two are mates?

Okay, okay, serious face on for a moment.

How short are you? It's a new kit manufacturer, the adult smalls might fit you?

5ft

Barry, I'm sure the club will make you kits specially as they wouldnt be allowed to send you out on the pitch without the Genting branding.

Kids 15 years old. Got enough guts to write the club a letter of complaint and post in it here on villa talk, it's not the best letter I've seen but he got some fair points even though it's a bit clumsy written.

Yet some of you guys here, who might two or three times his age jumps on his back like some schoolyard bullies with your snide remarks and sarcastic comments.

It's pathetic.

You have every right to voice your concern Villamad0, well done.

If I were you I'd spend some more time on the letter, try to get some structure and make sure to get the grammar and spelling are correct.

And I'd ask for some feedback another place then Villatalk.

Whilst I know I'm not in the that camp, I don't think most of the critical responses were intent on bullying. The lad has done okay with the letter and I hope he's mature enough to take a little criticism. I was genuine with my anti-Daily Mail compliment to him.

I think you may be a little late with grammar and spelling checking advice; he's already sent it to the club. In my opinion the letter is decent enough and I hope the club respects the effort made, even if they can do little about the issue.

I'm more annoyed at the fact the children's shirt doesn't have the acorns logo on as sponsors. Seems a waste to just have nothing there, and I think it looks better with a sponsor.

Good point. It wouldn't hurt the club to offer a free Acorns print on each children's shirt bought from the club, or a free Acorns print on a children's shirt bought elsewhere but when paying for badges/numbers/names printing at the club shop.

I would imagine that Genting would probably resist this. They're sponsorship is basically buying them the 2012-2013 shirt as it's own entity. They won't want to share or dilute that in anyway even if it is just the kids shirts. Just as you won't ever be able to buy a jersey without the sponsor's name on it (except the kids ones obviously).

Fair point. Whilst Genting are aware the exposure is diluted by the law not permiting the child/gambling association, I agree it's possible Genting would not like another name, of any kind, on the shirts. Pity really; I guess that's just business marketing. :(

Didnt the club give people the option of putting the acorns logo on the kids' shirts (when we were "sponsored" by them) ? I thought they werent too keen on forcing young kids to wear a logo that was directly linked with very sick children?

Overall lads I'm merely pointing out the club were selling shirts at the end of the season with the genting logo on and these were only kids shirts and I don't see why its a size limit, maybe it should be an age range as what if you get someone very tall but there only 11 or even younger as I've seen some tall kids who arent old but they have the genting logo on there shirts but I'm almost 5 years older, therefore I understand more about sponsorship rights, rules etc but I'm still not able to wear a shirt with that sponsorship on.

Perfectly legitimate concern.

But next time I would suggest getting someone to proof read your letter so you can correct the spelling, grammar and format before you sent it.

To be brutally honest, if I got a letter like that I'd probably bin it before I got to the end.

Overall lads I'm merely pointing out the club were selling shirts at the end of the season with the genting logo on and these were only kids shirts and I don't see why its a size limit, maybe it should be an age range as what if you get someone very tall but there only 11 or even younger as I've seen some tall kids who arent old but they have the genting logo on there shirts but I'm almost 5 years older, therefore I understand more about sponsorship rights, rules etc but I'm still not able to wear a shirt with that sponsorship on.

In the grand scheme of all thing Villa, it remains a minor BUT valid point. I can understand why you want to wear your Villa shirt with pride but don't want to highlight the difference with your mates shirts. I hope the club can do something for you. If not, don't hold it against the club; just concentrate on your exams! :)

You surely can't expect the club to turn down a lucrative sponsorship deal on the basis a few kids shirts can't have the logo on them by law ?

Not sure it's really that important

Isn't it obvious that he doesn't want to run around wearing the "kids version" while the rest of his mates are wearing the "adult version"?

What classes as a kid / adult in terms of age, because at 15 years old he is actually a kid really, and therefore shouldn't be wearing a shirt advertising something that you need to be 18 to do.

Maybe the club could send you one of Barry Bannan's shirts. He's allowed the sponsor on the front of his.

Guys, you should lay off him, he has a legitimate concern.

**** hell Con...you aint half changed!

Where is the man dressed as a nun we used to know and love?

;-)

I really don't think any of that is a legitimate concern and worth writing to the club about.

You want to know the squad numbers, well wait.

You want to know if the name you get on the shirt will not be sold, well get the name printed on the 1st of September.

The shirt size is unfortunate but hardly worth a complaint. It's cold most of the season so put a few layers on and get an adult shirt over the top of them.

Â