Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

Yes, Im being realistic... Didnt we buy heskey for like 3m ? Harewood for 4m ?

Yes and both were awful.. we are looking to move on from signing players like these. They simply are not worth the price tag and Holt fits into that.

And using examples of young foreign gems like them isnt going to affect Grant Holts price im afraid.

Good because we should be looking elsewhere for £7m+ you can easily get two quality players for that if you look in the right places.

Heskey and harewood were my points of horrendous signings that arent that far from how much we could get Holt for. I honestly think Holt is a very good striker and if we have the right players around him he could work wonders irrelevant of his age.

And the fact of the matter is.. We've never been a club to go out and get young foreign players before and i cant see that happening any time soon thats my point.

I agree I reckon Bent and Holt would work tbh, but check out this latest tweet from the man himself.

grant holt ‏@holty30

I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. #lovedmytime

I'm sorry but his other tweets have not contained such poor grammatical construction :'(

You don't reinvigorate a club by buying a 31 year old striker.

Have to agree...It might be a good signing, but would not inspire me with confidence knowing we could end up with a 34 year old striker on big wages..Not good plan to save money in the future ;)

I can't see Lerner sanctioning such a signing. £7m on a 31yo with no resale value. Surely there are younger options out there.
Actually, Lerner seems to have made an artform of splashing out large transfer fees on players who end up having no transfer value. :(

(BTW, I am fascinated to know where this figure of £7m came from. What basis does that have in reality?)

I can't see Lerner sanctioning such a signing. £7m on a 31yo with no resale value. Surely there are younger options out there.
Actually, Lerner seems to have made an artform of splashing out large transfer fees on players who end up having no transfer value. :(

(BTW, I am fascinated to know where this figure of £7m came from. What basis does that have in reality?)

I agree he does have a history of just handing money down to Faulkner and the manager(s) and this is why i think Holt is a very realistic target that we will at least enquire about him.

And are you trying to say we'll get him for cheaper than 7m ? :|

I think he started 24 games last season and was a sub 12 times. That would worry me with a guy of his age even though he does have an eye for goal.

I think that is because Lambert likes to change the squad on a regular basis

"If we were forced to sell what is the replacement. Certainly bigger than the budget quoted for the club Lambert is interested in joining."

McNally on Sky just now talking about Holt.. he will over price Holt to prevent him from moving it seems, stay well away.

I think he started 24 games last season and was a sub 12 times. That would worry me with a guy of his age even though he does have an eye for goal.

I think that is because Lambert likes to change the squad on a regular basis

Correct, this was due to a rotation policy (a what?!?!) rather than him not being able to play more games.