Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

I have voiced my liking for Holt a few times and an ideal scenario for me would be Lambert and Holt to the Villa. Come on Randy, give me a distraction from this jubilee bollocks.

We have goal scorers at the club... We need a supply line

We have a goal scorer at the club

We have a striker who bottles every one on one going and has lost some of his biggest asset - pace

We have another young striker with big potential but cant be considered a goal scorer yet.

£3/4m for a guy that has almost always scored goals throughout his career and one that doesnt rely on pace so age will hinder him less, sounds like a good idea to me.

Norwich will not want to sell any players to Villa atm,it is obvious that their best players will be linked though,unless they have a set transfer fee release clause in their contract none of them will follow PL to us.

The Norwich Chairman is already suggesting Holt will only leave for silly money and he suggested we could not afford him with our budget!

Sour grapes of course but expected.

Holt is 31, once he gets his big contract somewhere (clearly his motivation) where's his hunger ?

Avoid

Is it really that clear? Wonder how you know?

Why not look at it this way - he has seen the guy that took a gamble on him - helped him (along with Culverhouse) score 17 top flight goals. Maybe he wants to play for a bigger and better club. Why not Villa?? If for that amount of money and wages he can score just as many (a lot more than Heskey/Gabby) then surely that is a benefit for Villa - he may be happy joining Villa and being part of a SQUAD and not being a cert every week?

In all my years (60 decades) of being a fan - ONE thing never fails - it is the "fans" that pooh pooh an player even before he has kicked a ball in anger wearing our honoured and famous shirts.

Maybe he might bust a gut to show he is worthy of wearing the shirt - something lacking with many of our current apparent team.

Just my opinion and nothing else.

Holt only signed a new 3 year deal last July and scored 17 goals last season, so we're in a position to put whatever price on his head we want.

West Ham have apparently bid £4.5 m for him yesterday, think if they push that up to £6m we might consider it, not a bad deal for someone who cost us £400k, 3 years ago and is 32 early next year.

Holt is 31, once he gets his big contract somewhere (clearly his motivation) where's his hunger ?

Avoid

Is it really that clear? Wonder how you know?

Why not look at it this way - he has seen the guy that took a gamble on him - helped him (along with Culverhouse) score 17 top flight goals. Maybe he wants to play for a bigger and better club. Why not Villa?? If for that amount of money and wages he can score just as many (a lot more than Heskey/Gabby) then surely that is a benefit for Villa - he may be happy joining Villa and being part of a SQUAD and not being a cert every week?

In all my years (60 decades) of being a fan - ONE thing never fails - it is the "fans" that pooh pooh an player even before he has kicked a ball in anger wearing our honoured and famous shirts.

Maybe he might bust a gut to show he is worthy of wearing the shirt - something lacking with many of our current apparent team.

Just my opinion and nothing else.

Jesus, you've been watching us a hell of a long time!

I think it's fairly 50/50 with fan reactions you know. Sometimes we're wrong, sometimes we're right.

Most people thought McLeish would be shit, hey look he was. Most people probably thought Warnock would be a decent signing, hey look, he's not been.

I think people are split on Grolt here, I would rather not sign him, but he could be a Merson type inspiring signing. I think fan's sharing opinion is a good thing and makes football interesting.

Something that annoys me is fans who think whatever the club does is correct. Support them yes, but blindly agree with everything that goes on doesn't help long term. It could have led to McLeish staying if the fans away at Norwich hadn't left Lerner in no doubt how we felt.

Holt only signed a new 3 year deal last July and scored 17 goals last season, so we're in a position to put whatever price on his head we want.

West Ham have apparently bid £4.5 m for him yesterday, think if they push that up to £6m we might consider it, not a bad deal for someone who cost us £400k, 3 years ago and is 32 early next year.

And suppose the player doesn't want to go to Wet Spam but prefers a bigger club?

In all my years (60 decades) of being a fan.

Jesus Christ...

**** the Jubilee, let's all celebrate this old codger!!

I'll take you to the biggest duck filled pond you've ever sat by!

HA! HA! Typo there - meant 6 decades (although looking at my face I look like it's been 60 decades!!!). :oops:

I think we've all aged uncontrollably over the past year....

Nivea sales rocketed once McLeish was appointed

So did Prozac, Valium, Mogadon and plenty of razor blades too!

I should know - got em all!!! :)

Jesus Christ...

HA! HA! Typo there - meant 6 decades (although looking at my face I look like it's been 60 decades!!!). :oops:

Keep talking Naz - takes some of the 'old codger' pressure off me! :)

Jesus Christ...

Keep talking Naz - takes some of the 'old codger' pressure off me! :)

:D Pleased to do so mate - these young ones haven't lived yet! A minor blip in our history and they all started sounding like old farts! (but in my case I fart like an old fart!) :oops: