Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

The max I'd pay is 7m for Holt. I know he had a great season but if we are going to be paying big money for him, we might as well try to land Dempsey. I hope we can get him for 3-5m but I highly doubt that.

£7m ??? Thank god your not in charge :lol:

only concern would be the age for me, but if the manager feels he can help us then that is good enough for me.

It will not affect his pursuit of other targets !

Would rather we spent the money elsewere and too a gamble on Rhodes

Younger and just the sort of player PL should be able to improve

I think he is an unlikely target to be honest, Lambert would have seen plenty of him during Norwich's rise and he hasn't moved for him or been linked with him.

If it were for a nominal fee or a Bosman I could understand it but at 31 I wouldn't bother.

However if he did arrive and score around 17 goals next season as he did at Norwich then I would be over the moon.

........................**** it if Lambert feels he needs him then so be it, I an't see Norwich being happy to deal with us though.

If it were for a nominal fee or a Bosman I could understand it but at 31 I wouldn't bother.

However if he did arrive and score around 17 goals next season as he did at Norwich then I would be over the moon.

........................**** it if Lambert feels he needs him then so be it, I an't see Norwich being happy to deal with us though.

the last bit largely depends upon the player i'd say

Can't believe what some people are saying. We've got Bent and Weimann already. Someone like Holt would be perfect seeing as we're hardly going to bring in Hulk for 30 million. Spend 5 or so on Holt and splash the cash getting in Hoilett or someone like that.

With nominal fee and reasonable wage Holt might be a decent investment, and good influence for Weiman & co, he might be the late boomer and give us couple good years, or then he can be one season wonder.

Forget about Holt and focus on other positions like defense and midfield.

We have Bent, Gabby and Weimann up front, lets try getting someone like John Guidetti on loan for the season and spend whatever money we have were it's more needed.

lol expecting this tbh...Can't see us signing him for too much, i thought Randy was done with signing Old players, still think we should look elsewhere and concentrate on Defenders and midfielders.. We got Bent, Gabby and Weimann...Strengthen in areas that need it, the defence and the midfield.

In isolation it wouldn't be a terrible deal (for anything under £4/5 million) but I wouldn't like to see us go the route of packing out the squad with ageing players.

Holt's success has come relatively late in his career, and he might thrive if given the opportunity to join what is still (just about) one of the big clubs.

Lambert will know him and how to utilise him effectively.

I could see Sunderland being in for him as well though, and if they offer mental wages (which-lets face it- is MON's modus operandi when it comes to older players) good luck to him. He'd be closer to home, and Norwich will probably want to sell to anyone but us.

Norwich will sell for an appropriate fee for a player of his age who wants to go and for which they may not havemany buyers

Their new manager will want some spending cash as well

Not saying we are definitely buying Holt!!

If we are keeping Bent and Gabby then i do feel we need another striker at our club but not Holt. He's too old.

I'd bring Saha in on a free and use him along with Weiman as our back up strikers.

We need whatever transfer budget available to be spent on central midfield and our defence.