Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

If we got him at the right price (I mean cheap in terms of fee and wages) then I'd be for it.

When was the last time we had two players in squad who were natural goalscorers. Also gives us a physical option which we've been missing for a long time. Could be the new Carew.

If it turns into too big a deal we would be better of elsewhere in my opinion - based purely on his age.

Age didnt' seem to be a barrier when we signed Peter Withe!

2nd highest scorer in the premier league after Rooney.....WANTS to play under Paul Lambert and his coaching staff - can't beleive people

are dismissing him if he signs for us.

If Bent get's injured like last season....we're up the creek....would make sense to me!

Def, as long as it is a good deal for us, and I don't think they would go crazy with that, after having just sorted out the wage bill. If PL wants him fine with me, and if he can repeat his 17 goals brilliant! The biggest downside I can see will be the endless newspaper puns, though Holt Ends Villas trophy drought I could live with ;)

£7m+ for Grant Holt? jesus christ.

Look at newcastle and what they got for £7m.. Cabaye and Tiote for around that if not £1m-£2m more.

Yes, Im being realistic... Didnt we buy heskey for like 3m ? Harewood for 4m ? And using examples of young foreign gems like them isnt going to affect Grant Holts price im afraid.

I'd rather go out and buy younger players with the money but im afraid i cant see it happening.

Norwich will try and hold out for as long as possible with Holt but theres no doubt they will have to sell him.

Also i think Paul Lambert has the ball in his court now that we dont have many managing options left... Theres no doubt Paul Lambert could go to another Premier League club so i reckon hes said ' I want to bring in a few of my own shortlisted players if i join AVFC' And Grant Holt being one of them...

If he has fallen out with Lambert then isn't this a non-starter? It's one or the other; and we have the other.

Yes, Im being realistic... Didnt we buy heskey for like 3m ? Harewood for 4m ?

Yes and both were awful.. we are looking to move on from signing players like these. They simply are not worth the price tag and Holt fits into that.

And using examples of young foreign gems like them isnt going to affect Grant Holts price im afraid.

Good because we should be looking elsewhere for £7m+ you can easily get two quality players for that if you look in the right places.

If he has fallen out with Lambert then isn't this a non-starter? It's one or the other; and we have the other.

Those rumours aren't true. He tweeted this 14 hours ago.

grant holt ‏@holty30

Can I just say the rumours about me and the gaffer falling out are very wrong so no more tweets about that please.

If people are hell bent on us having an 30 years or older striker int the squad we might as well go for Raul or Del Piero?

I know they are not as expensive as Grant Holt seeing as they are Bosmans, but they are even older than him so that has to count for something, right?

But as they have not proven themself in the PL as Holt has, they are probably not any good...