Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

Age didnt' seem to be a barrier when we signed Peter Withe!

2nd highest scorer in the premier league after Rooney.....WANTS to play under Paul Lambert and his coaching staff - can't beleive people

are dismissing him if he signs for us.

If Bent get's injured like last season....we're up the creek....would make sense to me!

Wasn't there talk that part of the reason he wanted to leave Norwich was due to a falling out with Lambert?

If so, it's unlikely he'd follow him to B6.

But then I also heard his transfer request was down to not getting the pay increase he believed he deserves, so who knows.

I like Holt (somewhat follow Shrewsbury as local team & he was great for them) but I don't think he'd be a good signing. He's agitating for a move because after a career in the lower league he's finally got a chance for a few years of Premier League wages and his stock will never be higher. Norwich will want far more than he's worth and Holt will be after longer contract than we should consider giving player of his age.

I think we'd be able to get much better value replacement for Heskey elsewhere and it's not first priority position. In fact, Weimann could easily be better than Holt given the time on the pitch, it'd be a shame if we held back his development to eke out a couple of years from (with all due respect) a lower-league journeyman.

Exactly this.

Of course, If money wasn't an issue, yes we'd all take him. But paying what I suspect would be at least a £5m transfer fee and £25k a week (£1.25m per year) wages for 3 years (total £9m)? I don't think that would be a reasonable investment given that he's unlikely to repeat his goal tally of last season again.

Would rather pay slightly more for a younger player, on lower or the same wages, who will have some resale value.

It depends how much.

At the end of the day we need a squad, not just a starting 11. Depth is important. He'd also be a great guy to have in the dressing room and a great influence on our younger players.

Wasn't there talk that part of the reason he wanted to leave Norwich was due to a falling out with Lambert?

If so, it's unlikely he'd follow him to B6.

But then I also heard his transfer request was down to not getting the pay increase he believed he deserves, so who knows.

Fell out with another member of the squad, not Paul Lambert

The bloke is a real handful

I wouldn't mind him at villa tbh he offers us something different and would not cost as much as Heskey wage wise he can actually score goals as well if its to believed that the norwich wage cap is 15k we could probably get him for 30k a week

He's been tweeting ......... and I've been corrected he did fall out with Lambert so unlikely to be coming to join him at VP.

grant holt ‏@holty30

I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. #lovedmytime

grant holt ‏@holty30

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the football club. Due to disagreements

He's been tweeting ......... and I've been corrected he did fall out with Lambert so unlikely to be coming to join him at VP.

grant holt ‏@holty30

I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first. #lovedmytime

grant holt ‏@holty30

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the football club. Due to disagreements

Did Holt ever go to school? LOL at the spelling.

grant holt ‏@holty30

grant holt ‏@holty30

So where does it specifically say he's fallen out with PL???

grant holt ‏@holty30

grant holt ‏@holty30

And can I add he tweeted yesterday that he hadn't fallen out with the gaffer

I cant believe some fans on here at times... 1-3M for holt ? Are you serious. Lets forget the fact hes 31 for a second... He was the second highest english goalscorer last season behind rooney.

Heavily linked with the england squad for euro 2012.

Proved himself in nearly every english division (including Premier League ! )

People are saying Grant Holts on 10k a week at norwich and Paul Lambert admitted last year they were on a tight budget so to lose a player of Grant Holts calibre when hes on that sort of money would be a terrible loss ( as they would have to spend much bigger on a replacement ).

And Finally as you say... Theyve already lost the manager thats worked wonders for them in the last few years why would they want to lose that striker aswell !?! :S

The fact hes 31 lowers the price a LOT but i can see us paying at least 7m+ for him... I Think he may be a one season wonder in Premier League but i'd take that risk. Him and bent up front would be immense.

grant holt ‏@holty30

Troll account? I know footballers are generally not the sharpest tool in the shed but this is ridiculous.

He says the opposite that he didn't fall out with Lambert

.............. but someone NOT HOLT told me this morning he'd heard Holt doesn't get on with PL so I was correcting my post.

Rumours ...rumours and tweets.... who knows? ... Let's just wait and see