Euro 2012: Group C (Spn, Ita, Irl, Cro)

TrentVilla

well i doubt we're gonna top our group...

so it looks like England v Spain..

bollock fuckety **** ****

I'm nowhere near as dreading that game as I should be, spain don't look right IMO

Should play for a draw against Spain. They only really opened Croatia up towards the end when Croatia changed to a more attacking formation.

Screw that. Croatia almost scored when they switched it up and wasted some good positions too. That Spanish defence is creaky as ****.

Get into 'em.

Croatia were hitting them on the break with Modric dictating things. If we play them should soak up their ineffectual middle third possession and hit them on the break.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel it for Croatia, they had a few good chances, should have had 2 pens. Unlucky. If this is about all Spain have to offer it's not the certain result you'd think against them. Provided we get through, and get through 2nd.

Croatia were hitting them on the break with Modric dictating things. If we play them should soak up their ineffectual middle third possession and hit them on the break.

That still requires some form of attack. We're a vastly superior side to Croatia for a start and we have the width to stretch those Spanish full backs to breaking point. Couple that with Rooney dragging Ramos around like the headless chicken he is and I'd fancy us.

so it looks like England v Spain..

bollock fuckety **** ****

I'm nowhere near as dreading that game as I should be, spain don't look right IMO

Should play for a draw against Spain. They only really opened Croatia up towards the end when Croatia changed to a more attacking formation.

Screw that. Croatia almost scored when they switched it up and wasted some good positions too. That Spanish defence is creaky as ****.

Get into 'em.

Thats the problem though we don't have the legs in the middle of the pitch to play such a game i can't see Gerrard and Parker closing the spanish down for 90 minutes if i were hodgson id go with 1 up front 2 wingers Ox, Young with a 3 in the middle with Milner Gerrard and Parker. We need milner's high workrate for that game imo not sure if id start with walcott i'd bring him on for what he does best an impact sub in the 2nd half

I think we should play a dirty game as well not let them have it easy go in hard but fair on them. The only side to beat them in their last 16 matches was switzerland during the last world cup in the group stages and the thing i remember most about it was seeing Inler Lichtsteiner and Fernandes kicking the crap out of them all over the pitch for 90 mins it worked they pinched a goal and won 1 - 0 they have won there next 16 games in a row so i'd say they have vastly improved since then though defo their golden generation

Beat Spain and we'd then have to beat Portugal and probably Germany too. Meh

Beat Spain and it's fair to say we could beat anybody.

The thing all three of those teams have in common is a questionable back line. The one thing we have bags and bags of is pace.

Bring them on....

Why?

France have an already going home Sweden to play, we're A. Not as good as France and B. Against a better team than Sweden. They have a better GD already too. I think we'd beat Italy if we did get top though.

we're not as good as France

They didn't beat us.

That's true, but I fancy them to do a better job of putting away the smaller teams, we tend to make everything hard on us somehow.

we're not as good as France

They didn't beat us.

That's true, but I fancy them to do a better job of putting away the smaller teams, we tend to make everything hard on us somehow.

If we are level on points with France will it go down to goal scored? I'm so confused by this system. I think there's not a huge amount to choose between Italy and Spain this year and part of me wonders if we're more suited to beat Spain as we're not a possession team at the moment and have pace to counter with.

As for Spain, England can beat them as wouldnt be too far from Chelsea vs Barcelona and will just have to soak up possesion and frustrate them.

they have a poor defence and even ireland got at them a few times and they struggle for speed and Ramos is a walking yellow card

As for Spain, England can beat them as wouldnt be too far from Chelsea vs Barcelona and will just have to soak up possesion and frustrate them.

they have a poor defence and even ireland got at them a few times and they struggle for speed and Ramos is a walking yellow card

England aren't through yet

John O'Shea was an absolute disgrace tonight, should have been sent off and all over the place, McGEady wasnt much better

Sad when u see how poor we were and the players we didn't bring. Dunphy for once made some interesting points after the game about how Rodgers and Lambert had done so well with average players. Even bugged up Ciaran Clarke and said he should be there.

I ran into a surprising amount at uni, and have encountered a few online. They've seemed, to a man, to be arrogant, full of themselves pricks, aggressive, with a marked feeling of superiority over everyone who is not Croatian, and tinged with a nasty racism and misogny, and in most of the cases, morons. They basically, in my experience, appear to be a nation with a nasty chip on it's shoulder.

Or maybe I just met 10 or so that are not terribly representative of the country.

I only know 1 Croatian on a forum. If anything I'd say he's the total opposite of what you said. He never seems to enter confrontation and tries to difuse things quickly and is overly PC for the most part.

Though chances are that the 1 guy I know is the exception if you've met 10 that're all like that.

I've been waiting for a reply from VTer 'Croatian', but then I realised he hasn't posted on here for about two years.

Â