Euro 2012: Group C (Spn, Ita, Irl, Cro)

TrentVilla

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He went missing when they stopped off in some shithole between venues that spells like something you'd sneeze. They were set upon by locals (an 'altercation') and he was separated from his group (of ten) while trying to escape.

Today a body was pulled from a river. They haven't confirmed the identity yet but that's one of those things that is an inevitability.

Stay out of Polish banjo country. You're probably not welcome.

very sad thing to happen, sounds like a wrong place at wrong time thing. just found it strange they were so far away from Poznan

They were driving from one venue city to the other. This shithole was in between the 2 and they had stopped off there en route.

Spain and Italy in semi-finals. maybe we werent that bad ;)

Before a ball was kicked we knew Ireland were in a tough group. Croatia would of gone through if they were in Englands group.

If you look at the semi finals, it is group B and C.

Just back in work after a 10 day trip to the euro's. Worth every penny and would not have a bad word to say about the Polish. Some of the finest banter ever was had with them and they could not have been more friendly and hospitable. Unbelievable craic was had with all the fans and it was a pity about the results. We just did not have anything to stop Spain and Croatia - the two best footballing teams in the group without a doubt. The Italians were poor and if it wasn't for Givens mistake, we could have got at them in the 2nd half. We had them rattled just before Balotelli's goal went in, again another poorly conceded goal from our point of view.

Definitely a tournament where we could have done better is the take away from it... Team Selections were a bit iffy and Trappatoni has to be questioned on some of the decisions. Starting Cox and even bringing him on was baffling...

All in All a great holiday with some savage banter with the best fans in the world.... We didnt go for the piss up as the Prick Keane said, we just went to support the team and that we did in abundance....

We wont get another tournament like that for support for a long long time....

We wont get another tournament like that for support for a long long time....

France 2016. 24 teams so Ireland will qualify. Only a short journey too.

I have always wanted to go to a world cup or a Euro, and as I am now in my mid 20s it is time I made it happen. It is either Brazil 2014 or France 2016. Can I ask how much you spent on the trip?

In terms of affordability Poland was and will be far cheaper than France for a similiar length of time. Of course it will depend where the games are played and if teams are based in one city in France. If not, the travelling costs shoot up. We had a 5 hour drive between Gdansk and Poznan which is easy enough once you have a couple of drivers. I spent ~€1500 for the ten days which included flights, campervan, diesel, food, drink and spending money. We ate out every night as eating in the camper van would have got too messy. If you were to do a similiar trip in France it would cost you far more. In fact, we spent about 2 and a half days in Germany as we flew in and out of Frankfurt and it was there that we spent most of our spending money....

Would definitely recommend it though. I'm almost 29 so it's unlikely I'll get the chance to do it properly again. Unbelievable experience.

In terms of affordability Poland was and will be far cheaper than France for a similiar length of time. Of course it will depend where the games are played and if teams are based in one city in France. If not, the travelling costs shoot up. We had a 5 hour drive between Gdansk and Poznan which is easy enough once you have a couple of drivers. I spent ~€1500 for the ten days which included flights, campervan, diesel, food, drink and spending money. We ate out every night as eating in the camper van would have got too messy. If you were to do a similiar trip in France it would cost you far more. In fact, we spent about 2 and a half days in Germany as we flew in and out of Frankfurt and it was there that we spent most of our spending money....

Would definitely recommend it though. I'm almost 29 so it's unlikely I'll get the chance to do it properly again. Unbelievable experience.

Yeah you see at the moment I have no mortgage, kids or anything else tying me down, so I figure I need to do it before I hit 30 when I will probably have those things. And the figure you gave is alot less then I was expecting, I thought you were going to say about 3,000. Also because France is close, travelling there and back will cost tuppence, although as you say the costs of things in Poland will be cheaper then France.

I spent about €750 euro over there and a similiar amount to get me there. Pints were at most €2 a piece going down as low as €1 in some places and of course on match days we were drinking bottles which came to about 40c a piece.... It was a wino's heaven!!! :D

Mortgage should be kicking off for me in about 2 months time so all in all it was great timing to get this trip in.... Alot of people over there in Poland had the similiar idea which was probably why it made itself into a great trip.

Â