Season ticket renewal ?

miffa

Just this minute renewed, used the 7 month interest free scheme online. It was so easy to set

up and daft not to do rather than pay out all in one go, so probably another season of anguish

but after almost 50 years on the Holte i have seen it all, and to you youngsters last year was

NOWHERE near as bad as it has been in my lifetime, but who knows it could be great again,

heres hoping, god bless the Villa.

10,000 season tickets sold...lets face that is poor.

So TRO have you got your season ticket?

absolutely not, until i see some ambition I am not interested.

....and I don't mean cheque book managers who squander the clubs funds.

I mean a young up an coming vibrant manager who has a clear eye for a player and who can structure the side in to a modern thinking force.

....a modern day Ron Saunders.

we have had far too may free loaders at B6 for me to comit to a whole season up front.

Too many false dawns for me....sorry

PS Most of the household names can **** off for me....they are just meal ticket charlies.

I agree, especially considering I read that WBA have sold 19,000.

Given, they are on the crest of a wave, and will probably progress no further - but I'd still expect Villa to be selling more season tickets. I read figures about which indicate that the size of our fanbase is substantially larger, you only need to look at facebook etc. to see more people follow Villa than many other teams, but this doesn't equate to bums on seats very well. Is it just that WBA have a small-but-hardcore following?

West Brom have less expectation and subsequently less false dawns.

The way Aston Villa has been run football wise over recent years has made a number of fans angry.The appointment of McLeish was naive at best, despite him being a decent human being...He simply did not have the credentilas for us ( nothing to do with the blues, that was just a cop out)

Nothing is guaranteed in Football in terms of trophies.... but style of play, format, method, tactical Nous...to the discerning eye is easily and quickly indentifiable....some of the stuff we have dished up has been totally unacceptable... and clear that the progress has been nil.

I mean a young up an coming vibrant manager who has a clear eye for a player and who can structure the side in to a modern thinking force.

we have had far too may free loaders at B6 for me to comit to a whole season up front.

PS Most of the household names can **** off for me....they are just meal ticket charlies.

And you won`t be missed.

TRO wrote:

will-avfc wrote:

Quote:

And you won`t be missed.

if the new manager takes this team up the league and somehow does a decent job, i am sure he will be back pretending he never left

See everyone's willy waving again, "I put my blind judgement into the club therefore I'm a bigger fan". **** off. In 'adult world' where most people live we have to make rational decisions, and choosing not to spend hundreds of pounds watching dismal football is a very rational decision.

If Lambert gets the job I'll be getting myself a ST, until a decent manager gets appointed I won't be picking up the phone. If it makes you feel better about yourself making you think you are a better fan than so be it and enjoy the extra few compensatory inches that gives you 'cuz you support the team whateva yeah' and I don't matter 'cuz I won't be missed'.

Tribalism cracks me up.

I will renew when Lambert signs, dont give a shit about paying the extra plus I think they will extend it.

Some people would not be laughing if Macarthy was walking through the door right now but its not about who is or is not a better fan for renewing early/ late, its about some deciding they were prepared to invest in the club even if they appoint shit and about those who decided that they were not going to invest until the club showed some ambition worth investing in. There is no right or wrong answer with this and for me (the latter of the above) I would not of taken the cheap seats anyway, my seat is fab, have been there for years and would not change it.

special season ticket price deadline TODAY

Hmm.. will we see an announcement today? :winkold:

I think they will extend it, Nicky Keye has had a nightmare situation the last few months and not her fault and they will want to get as many tickets sold as soon as possible.

Remember that Lambert is not going to set of a buying frenzy that will get record season ticket sales, just a frenzy of last minute buying which may hit below or the same as last season sales.

Had my season ticket for 18 years now and will be renwing regardless of who's manager. We've always left it to the last minute, not for any particular reason just beacuse I suppose. The club have never offered an incentive (that I can remember) in all of my 18 years as a season ticket holder to renew early and £10 is hardly here nor there in relation. To be honest I think RL should of frozen them for the forthcoming season after the drivel we've been served, still AVFC is a business as well as our club and in tough times with the club posting losses every little counts. All I care anout is getting my backside on my seat for every home game possible.

If you want the cheap prices, you can always renew today and then cancel before the start of the season, as long as the season hasn't started.

If you are doing it via the payment plan, then you only have 30 days to cancel, well I know you can cancel within 30 days as i know a couple of people that did once McLeish was appointed.

Hey Guys,

Just ordered season tix for me and my lad, (hey it can't get worse than last season!!!)

Used the finance option to buy 2 of the economy tickets over 7 months.

Everything ok but not sure what happens now, do we have to pick particular seats? or are we just given any 2 together?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Simon

Had to think about this one with over £1000 at stake for two season tickets.

Bought two season tickets last season and was served up with crap.

Bought two season tickets the season before and was served up with crap.

I have not yet seen any evidence, other than the manager of last season's crap getting fired, that inspires me to part with my money again.

Some people may buy crap but I am still to be convinced.

You should support your team through the good and the bad.

The true supporters would have still been down villa park even if we had gone down.

If that is your views go follow Man City.

Glory glory

I removed the quoted post, but I'll leave this as an explanation of why it was removed - limpid

You posted something similar and more insipid earlier which was rightly modded. Read again what he has put. Where has he said he will only renew if we win cups or the league? Found it yet? Nope?

Glory, glory =\= ambition.

All he wants is decent football and some ambition, I am of the persuasion that supporters like yourself who show 'blind support' and renew regardless do more harm to the club than those who don't renew because they are fed up of spending loads of money and being served up shite.

But y'know, I should stop posting now, got to put my man city shirt on and jack off over my tevez poster.

You should support your team through the good and the bad.

The true supporters would have still been down villa park even if we had gone down.

If that is your views go follow Man City.

Glory glory

I removed the quoted post, but I'll leave this as an explanation of why it was removed - limpid

You posted something similar and more insipid earlier which was rightly modded. Read again what he has put. Where has he said he will only renew if we win cups or the league? Found it yet? Nope?

Glory, glory =\= ambition.

All he wants is decent football and some ambition, I am of the persuasion that supporters like yourself who show 'blind support' and renew regardless do more harm to the club than those who don't renew because they are fed up of spending loads of money and being served up shite.

But y'know, I should stop posting now, got to put my man city shirt on and jack off over my tevez poster.

My support maybe blind at times but MY personal opinion is a number of fans will not be happy whatever happens. Under MON a scection of fans still moaned and booed. We had finished 6th 3 seasons in a row with a cup final. Still we struggled to sell out.

We all want our club to be/do the best but I just think some fans need to have realistic ambitions.

Â