Season ticket renewal ?

miffa

Anyone hear about this silver/Gold badge system they have implemented.. I mean really, C'mon...

Fantastically pathetic/childish in equal measure.

Well done Villa. Let's treat all fans as immature 9 year old boys ....

Who the feck came up with this idiotic idea? :shock:

It really isn't worth giving the club grief over - they don't have to give you anything other than access to your seat when they say a game is being held that you have paid for. Giving something back to you, or the opportunity to help make a brief saving here and there for you is a bonus. Nothing more, nothing less. They could offer people a dedicated parking space at VP and still people wouldn't be happy because they wouldn't offer to valet the car for while they were at the game.

Personally, I would rather my club do its best to channel its resources into making a competitive, attractive football club that heads for success. However, even I can see that over a season, giving each ST holder the opportunity to have a free pie, or a BOGOF tea/coffee offer is chicken feed for a club this size.

I have no idea what the gold/silver badge thing is so not really right for me to comment. Is it a pin badge? If so, I wear my other two to the games... No shame in that, even at 37 1/2 years of age. Pin badges are just another expression of my support. If it is a pin badge, and if you really don't like it, give it to a child (preferably one that you actually know and won't risk you being labelled a nonce as sometimes happens to decent people just trying to help out).

If it's not a pin badge, could somebody please explain what that is about.

Anyway - keep the offers coming in my opinion.

Up the Villa...

and won't risk you being labelled a nonce
And all this time there was me thinking a nonce was another term for someone who was gay :) I didn't know it was a violinist from Kidderminster.

Anyway, ahem, back on topic.

Nice one BOF...

Gold and silver badges then anyone? What's it all about?

--

EDIT - just checked the OS - silver pin badge for all ST holders. Those that have 10 years of consecutive service as a ST holder, get the gold.

To be fair, they could have done a bronze for those that still refuse to renew even now Eck has gone... That way it ties in with the Olympics shit dunnit? :shock: :winkold:

And when I reach 60 years as a ST holder, I expect a crown and a Thames boat pageant...

Presumably had there been no offers with this years season ticket renewal there would have been moans. And yet there have been fans are moaning about what offers they have got. *sighs*

Based on last season the pies were were nice, the discount on the couple of programmes was welcome but for me the real bonus is AVTV as I used to pay for that and its £40. I did not spend anything in the club shop last season as a protest against McLeish (bit sad I know) so that voucher went begging and the rest were never used.

Oh and some trog pulled the season ticket sticker off my seat and most of the ones around where we sit.

Just got back from Villa park having relocated to L8 now very excited about the season. Not really new news but the bloke showing us our seats said Mcleish resigned after Bolton with a clause in his contract that if he got to 40 points he will be paid off.

Just got back from Villa park having relocated to L8 now very excited about the season. Not really new news but the bloke showing us our seats said Mcleish resigned after Bolton with a clause in his contract that if he got to 40 points he will be paid off.

Sorry, been away at airshows all weekend. And sorry that my question is off topic, but... if he resigned after Bolton (I thought he might), how come to the bitter end he gave everyone (including the press), the impression that he would still be here, that he was expecting to still be here at the start of next season?

IIRC he was adamant (not Adam Ant) that he would be Villa manager at the start of next season during his post match Norwich interview... Happy to be proven wrong (not Wong).

Thanks

Sorry, been away at airshows all weekend. And sorry that my question is off topic, but... if he resigned after Bolton (I thought he might), how come to the bitter end he gave everyone (including the press), the impression that he would still be here, that he was expecting to still be here at the start of next season?

IIRC he was adamant (not Adam Ant) that he would be Villa manager at the start of next season during his post match Norwich interview... Happy to be proven wrong (not Wong).

Thanks

I imagine that the players hadn't been told and was an effort to try and keep dressing room on his side.

He did tell a lot of porkies in his time, but what manager doesn't in all fairness?

Does anyone know when to expect delivery of season cards?

Wanted to have a look at avtv but I don't have the code for the free subscription

Hope it comes before the US tour

End of July was muted on the previous page

Â