Season ticket renewal ?

miffa

Is this a gimme now McLiesh has gone ?

For me - not yet, I still want to know who is going to be in charge of the team?

I'm sure there are some of you who will renew regardless (villa till I die) but not me, I have been lucky enough to have 35 years of memories of watching this great club (I am 53 by the way) and I am the proud owner of a European cup final travellers pass ( they took the actual match day tickets off us in those days)

Season ticket holder for 16 of those 35 years, so there will be lots of you with more loyalty points than me, however I would like to know which of you individuals that visit this site will renew regardless ?

I haven't renewed yet. The next managerial appointment will decide whether I do or not. If the club are going to keep hiring shit managers then they don't deserve my hard earned money anymore. I'm 28, I've been a season ticket holder every season since I was 10. The last two seasons have really stressed me out big time! I don't know if I can sit through anymore seasons of shite and relegation battles. As I've got older I've realised that there are more important things that I could be spending my money on. (I pay for two season tickets) My love for Villa will never die but I just can't justify paying out all this money for a season of disappointment and poor performances anymore. We'll see though. Over to you, Randy!

I'm going to renew now, get the price freeze and then wait until August...

If we end up with a poor manager and we buy players of Andy Johnson's ilk, I'll return it before the season starts.

I'll also be ready to return it if we get Lambert in and he craps lots of money on overpaid British players...

Didn't renew last season. Just didn't enjoy the Houlier season at all. Sell Young and Downing, lose Walker gain Mcleish I knew I wouldn't enjoy the season ahead so after 20 years of having season tickets, didn't go once. Very unlikely to get another for the season ahead unless Randy starts delivering on the vision he sold me.

My reply is the same as it was in the old ST thread, of about a month ago - I havent renewed yet, not for any particular reason, I just havent. I had a text from them the other day, but havent had any calls or anything.

will be renewing today.

Managerial speculation is fun/'interesting'/infuriating but if I wasn't down the match on a saturday (sunday/monday/whenever sky decide) I would be bear-with-a-sore-head-sore-throat-and-a-sore-arse miserable.

Mind you I am the same down the game!

I had a text the other day but that was the first one in a while, not had any calls for about 3 weeks.

Renewed mine now though. Will wait and see who's appointed though, like AVFCforever1991 said, if it's someone like Bruce with more of the same next year, it'll be going back.

The only factors that would stop me renewing are price and availability (ie if I took a job that involved working most Saturday's or moved far enough away from the area).

Last year's ticket cost £390 and this year's ticket has only cost £295. That is good enough for me, regardless of the quality of the football.

I returned mine and my sons last season with a week to go. I haven't regretted it and the money goes on stuff my son and I enjoy doing (shooting and fishing mostly). Basically the club have lost us bar casual visits of say 2-3 games a season. Like the opening post I'm 50 and have seen us win everything bar an FA Cup.

I too was close to renewing 2 season tickets after McLeish got the sack (there was no way I would have even considered it if he had still been in charge).

However, after the initial excitement and relief of seeing the most useless football manager ever to manage Villa, I have decided that Lerner and Faulkner have a lot of repairs to make not least to my trust and loyalty after their **** ups of the last 2 seasons.

I will keep my £1000+ in my bank account until I am convinced that these 2 individuals know their arse from their elbow and show that they are going to deliver a good product instead of the garbage of recent years.

I waited until McLeish was sacked before I re-newed. I await with interest and impatience as to who our next manager will be. Oh, if only Sir Ron was only 40 years younger.

Â