FAO Limpid and the moderators.

shambles

It's only my opinion, but I think the moderators need to back off and stop stifling debate, wit, humour and creativity and seemingly getting some sort of kick out of locking threads for very little reason. I'm aware that you want to keep the forum tidy, but I feel it's over the top and all the fun has gone out of the place as far as I'm concerned. It's a shame. This used to be such a lively forum with so many characters, but all we've got now is the same band of faceless dreary regulars bickering about the same bollocks with a moderator and his cursor hovering over the lock button just waiting and hoping to exert some cyber authority.

Limpid, I expect you to side with your moderators because you have to to maintain credibility and a sense of order, but deep down, we both know I'm right.

To the rest of the forum: It's been a pleasure. Take care of yourselves, and each other.

Word to your mother, and up the Villa.

Peace out. 8)

:flag:

PS- Gabby15 says hi, and wishes himself to be remembered to Rob.

I'm joining you and logging out for the foreseeable, lest I become one of the bickerers (which I probably am)

Boys and girls, I am sorry that OGS didn't come, it would have been a nice swan song.

Richard, if a I knew you and I saw you out, I'd buy you a pint.

Thanks to those who sent me nice PMs

And thanks to the mods, even you Trent!

Ta ta

Gonna duck out myself I think... Though not coz of modding or anything, just don't have as much time these days as I used to so the net is is being made a causality

Fairly sure nobody gives a toss, but since there's a thread and all that...

I have to admit, I do think there is some self righteousness in certain mods but then if you give any power to anyone I guess that is what happens. At least these guys interact with us and are one of us rather than wheel clampers so to speak. The amount of tripe I read on here, I'm not surprised they lock certain things.

Hmmm, don't wanna be kicked off the site or anything for having a say but... Here goes.

I kinda agree with the thread locking craziness - that OGS thread got you over 4000 replies in a very short space of time, there was proper conversation, a bit of Banter, bickering and also a bit of unity in some areas. Now it's locked and we have the same old threads to choose from where convo/debate isn't so hot at the moment - it can't be until we get a manager!. It's almost like you don't want to have loadsa hits/posts on the site.

Don't get me wrong, I love the site it's part of my daily routine... I'm not registered with any other Villa forum nor do I even go out my way to see what other forums are saying. I enjoy reading posts from the likes of DVIN, Cracker1234, POB (though havnt seen him in a while), Gareth to name a few! And of course the ITK guys in MM, Gazton and thetrees, AND the Mods! - but... The thread locking here is mentalo. Let it flow, and if it gets totally rediculous then lock it - don't prevent actual debate though

Cheers thanks, loves X

Personally I do not have a problem with the mods and feel that generally they do a great job - which at the end of the day is voluntary.

However i do feel that the decision to force posts on the VillaTalk forum into a narrow range of threads has been to the detriment of the site and debate.

I know the argument is that relevant posts should be grouped together but a consequence is that the forum lacks variety and some threads become massive.

I do not know the answer but would personally prefer to see more threads than less with a little less rigid approach.

FWIW I still very much appreciate the site and think it fulfils a important service to Villa fans.

I don't have a massive problem tbh, OGS ruled himself out therefore the thread was locked. It's a hard task, he'll I've contributed to making it a tough job on a few occasions but ultimately feel this is one of the best run sites around.

Still not sure why the Lambert thread was locked and of course the closing of the lovely ladies thread was a dark dark day for us all.

I think the site fulfils its function as a place for villa fans to discuss their team quite well. The main forum has thread culls to avoid everyone having their own personal, 'what I think about the situation' threads and the vast majority of these I agree with. As for any mods acting with a sense of superiority or arrogance, that just comes with the territory and is their payment for voluntarily policing the fourms.

There was a call for the end of the super threads in off topic in the past year that I can get on board with. I realise they're not mod controlled, but they do stifle the possibility of new interesting threads and often stuff that might actually warrant an off topic thread gets lost in the mire of things that piss you off or general chat. I would probably advocate the closure of those threads. Maybe try it for a week and see if any really interesting threads start popping up.

Can't believe people are "leaving" a messageboard because a couple of threads got locked.

OGS said he didn't want to manage Villa, so why exactly should that one have been kept open?

Lambert - apparently we haven't approached him and he's angry about speculation he's going to leave Norwich so there isn't much to say, is there? I really hope that one gets unlocked soon, though, when Lerner gets round to making an offer.

As for allowing lots of different threads on similar topics, there is in my view nothing more irritating than reading the same selection of opinions over and over in slightly differing threads.

I think this is an extremely well run site - underlined by the fact I don't bother visiting any of the other Villa forums. I do sometimes wonder if certain posters are encouraged to hold controversial views to engender more debate and (importantly) more hits - but maybe that's a bit cynical.

I don't understand why the OGS thread was locked ahead of the press conference. It seems to me that it would have been the most suitable place to disucss the 'fall-out'. As it happens, the PC didn't reveal much but nonetheless it would have been nice to debate his reasons for deciding to stay at Molde.