No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

24 hours ago I wasn't sure if this was the right move for us. I'm definitely up for giving a younger, up and coming manager a chance but I was a bit put off by Solskjaer's inexperience. I then watched that 46 minute youtube video and I was quite impressed with him to be fair. I've been thinking about it quite a lot and I have definitely warmed to Solskjaer. I wanted Lambert but I think Solskjaer has overtaken him in my mind now. Very strange situation at Molde with the talk of the investors pulling out if Solskjaer leaves. It's almost as if they are trying to keep Solskjaer there by emotional blackmail. If he stays because of this then it's a real shame but he obviously cares deeply about Molde and it wouldn't surprise me if he did stay there. Very selfish act from those Molde investors. Trying to use Solskjaer as the scapegoat is just wrong! I hope the Molde fans can see through this, for their sake and for Solskjaer's.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted Lambert,Rodgers or OGS, so happy with any of those 3. However really worry about the dark horse...remember McLeish. Going off idea of Martinez and think we have made a bit of a rod for Ole's back here as Molde's club backers have really put the boot in. I maybe a bit of a prat but my season ticket money is still in my pocket waiting for the right man, hoping Randy doesn't cock this up. Happy with way things are going though. OGS fine by me.

Don't mess this up now Randy, most fans are excited by this, don't go and bloody hire Curbishley.

We aren't going to win anything for at least 2 years, so I for one would just like to be happy watching the Villa again, even if we're going down in 5-4 thrillers.

Everyone seems very happy for this appointment....

it's remarkable what a Youtube video can do!.....

there are many factors which could affect OGS success, the main one being funding from Randy....

so a quick question....

If OGS was to receive MON style backing straight away then what do you expect OGS to achieve next season?

If he receives Big Eck style backing then what do you expect OGS to achieve next season?

Its a strange one for me because I find it difficult to lay expectations on him....with Lambert, because we know how he sets his teams up and what he has already done in the premier league we would automatically expect him to propel us up a few places even if he had no money because his game is suited to gettign the best out of average players....

but with Solskjaer, having no premier league pedigree and wanting to play a different type of football its harder to know what would be an achievement next season....

one thing is for sure...everybody who is saying GO GET HIM RANDY must be prepared for a transition phase and simply cannot be calling for his head next year when we finish 9th-12th and dont have a decent cup run.

What's happening with you and Villa from here?" OGS: They run the process from here, I suppose they have two or three other candidates they wish to talk to. Me and Molde will probably hear from them again, if they are interested. This trip was just to get to know each other.

Sounds like ball is now in our court!

Jesus, that's a first

Bloody will be seeing we supposed to be a football team! :?

If OGS was to receive MON style backing straight away then what do you expect OGS to achieve next season?

If he receives Big Eck style backing then what do you expect OGS to achieve next season?

I don't expect him to receive MON Style backing. If he were to receive such backing I'd expect top 10 first season and top 6 the following.

As it is, I expect that, at best, he would receive £15m to spend wisely (i.e. within a much tighter wage budget than MON). With this backing, I'd expect him to steer well clear of relegation, have a half-decent cup run and play some attractive football. Second season I'd be hoping for top 10.

there are many factors which could affect OGS success, the main one being funding from Randy....

so a quick question....

Its a strange one for me because I find it difficult to lay expectations on him....with Lambert, because we know how he sets his teams up and what he has already done in the premier league we would automatically expect him to propel us up a few places even if he had no money because his game is suited to gettign the best out of average players....

but with Solskjaer, having no premier league pedigree and wanting to play a different type of football its harder to know what would be an achievement next season....

one thing is for sure...everybody who is saying GO GET HIM RANDY must be prepared for a transition phase and simply cannot be calling for his head next year when we finish 9th-12th and dont have a decent cup run.

I dont think he should get MON level backing in his first season. One thing for sure he has not done is make big money signings. I would keep him on a AMc level budget for the first six months. Even that is a LOT of money compared to what he is used to.

First season I would expect 12th playing some great football but getting spanked a few times as he makes mistakes. Loosen up the purse strings next summer or in January once he has found his feet.

Thats my guess anyway. Its football it could all go very well or very badly but at least we know HOW he likes his teams to play and its an exciting way.

Has this been posted?

Latest interview with Solskjær with Norwegian TV2.

Interesting choice of words.

- I haven't been offered anything. I've said no to some clubs, that next season will play in the Championship and the PL. But when Aston Villa entered the frame they are such a big club that I wanted to hear what they had to say.

- Will you continue at Molde?

- Yes! I'm the manager of Molde FC. I'm under contract for two more years. I had a manager at United who gave me the advice to talk to people. I'm an experience richer. This was not a job interview as such

Link in norwegian

:detect::suspect:

That interview says to me that he refused to speak with Wolves and West Brom but decided to have a chat with Villa to see if he can find out some inside info for old boss Fergie. That, together with that pesky letter of recommendation for McLeish, makes me think that Fergie is a tad concerned about Villa. **** knows why but that's the impression I get.

I also get the impression OGS won't be joining us. To be honest I quite like the idea of him joining but wouldn't be bothered if he didn't just as long as we got in someone similar. I don't want some old fart after a pay day. I want us to have a younger manager who is hungry and driven to succeed and make his name in the game.

First season I would expect 12th playing some great football but getting spanked a few times as he makes mistakes. Loosen up the purse strings next summer or in January once he has found his feet.

I also would be happy with this...

its just easy to say this now yet harder to look at the bigger picture when we are on the end of a 4-0 drubbing!...

If he can get our one dimensional cloggers playing pass and move next season then he derserves our patience

Look I think we should forget 6th or even top 8, I just want to see improvement on the pitch, I think if we finish 10th to 12th it'll be considered a success as long as we're not fighting relegation. This man should not be considered for just 1 season but 4 to 5 at least.

I am amazed , but on reflection not surprised, at the way in which people on here have become swept up in the ogs hype and bandwagon.

Not surprised because he is new, totally different and that in itself is refreshing and exciting, especially after a year of Eck . It is very easy to be seduced by that. He's new and different, but it is a huge risk.

I am amazed because all he has done is be involved and well thought of at manure, gone to a lesser level foreign league and been successful. Great. Anyone jumping up and down at the thought of mclaren who has also done those things? Only difference with schteve is that he has also had limited success with league club in this country, not saying I want him just offering a note of caution.

Also i am not saying ole out before he has even started. Of course he deserves a chance if employed and he'll get support from me, I hope he gets support from Lerner where it is needed and that we're not trying to do this on the cheap.

Just commenting on the bandwagon, similar to the Diana death bandwagon in many ways for the way people just all decided on a course of action.

For me we are still linked to much better candidates and people would be wise not to putt all their eggs in the ole and no one else basket

so a quick question....

We all have to remember the players that we have and the rumoured clearout. However, with say a £20m spend I would be happy as long as we went out to play entertaining footie and didn't have a relegation battle for the first season. If the spend was more like £40m I would expect a top 10 finish as a minimum.

If Lambert joined and had the same funding I would expect a 9th-12th / 6th-8th finish depending on the spend.

I just want to see us play exciting football. We have only won 1 trophy in 17 years so the expectation levels have lowered but decent attractive football makes it easier to cope with not winning anything.

I am amazed , but on reflection not surprised, at the way in which people on here have become swept up in the ogs hype and bandwagon.

Not surprised because he is new, totally different and that in itself is refreshing and exciting, especially after a year of Eck . It is very easy to be seduced by that. He's new and different, but it is a huge risk.

I am amazed because all he has done is be involved and well thought of at manure, gone to a lesser level foreign league and been successful. Great. Anyone jumping up and down at the thought of mclaren who has also done those things? Only difference with schteve is that he has also had limited success with league club in this country, not saying I want him just offering a note of caution.

Also i am not saying ole out before he has even started. Of course he deserves a chance if employed and he'll get support from me, I hope he gets support from Lerner where it is needed and that we're not trying to do this on the cheap.

Just commenting on the bandwagon, similar to the Diana death bandwagon in many ways for the way people just all decided on a course of action.

For me we are still linked to much better candidates and people would be wise not to putt all their eggs in the ole and no one else basket

Richard, agree with you that Ole is a much bigger risk than Lambert or Martinez and if you asked me a couple of days ago I would have prefered them over Ole, however, seeing as all the fans have apparently united and excited about Ole I have changed my view because the fans approval and the goodwill and time ge'd get would be extremely important and right now it feels like if either Lambert or Martinez are signed over Ole it would be a massive let down for a lot of Villa fans and thus for the future manager as well.

I feel only AVB or Moyes would make Villa fans more excited than Ole right now and they're both unattainable for Villa IMO.

Next season dare I say it will be another transitional one

To finish anywhere between 8th - 15th whilst setting the team up better, passing the ball about and attacking teams will be a success for me

Scoring more than 37 goals, scoring from corners, not playing with 7 defenders, avoiding these things is progress

Come on Lerner, get the OGS situation sorted, it's a resounding yes from the fans, an exciting gamble that we support