No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

What's happening with you and Villa from here?" OGS: They run the process from here, I suppose they have two or three other candidates they wish to talk to. Me and Molde will probably hear from them again, if they are interested. This trip was just to get to know each other.

Sounds like ball is now in our court!

Edit: Not that it wasn't before.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's all this jive about Molde's investors threatening to pull out of the club if OGS comes to us? Mat Kendrick has just said that his Norwegian counterparts are saying that Molde have confirmed this... As he suggests, does this not seem like a major dose of emotional blackmail?

Like a desperate girlfriend saying "Fine, leave me for that more attractive girl. But if you do I'LL KILL MYSELF!"

It does worry me to be honest. Ole seems like a genuinely good guy and he might find it hard to up sticks if it means leaving Molde in serious trouble.

True, but it seems the Norwegians, and even Molde fans are seeing things from OGS's point of view. Is this the case, Norwegians?

It seems like the popular opinion is very much on OGS side in this. On Twitter and on the debate forums, he gets mostly supportive comments.

Solskjær has a exeptionally strong position in norwegian football. I support Rosenborg, Moldes arch-rivals, and just can´t bring my self to dislike the man. For me this is a triple joy if the move goes through: Villa gains a good manager, Molde loses one and their finances goes down the drain as a bonus :twisted:

What's happening with you and Villa from here?" OGS: They run the process from here, I suppose they have two or three other candidates they wish to talk to. Me and Molde will probably hear from them again, if they are interested. This trip was just to get to know each other.

Sounds like ball is now in our court!

Jesus, that's a first

So Ole only won the league because he has some strong financial backing, interesting...

He did have financial backing, but Molde is not amongst the richest clubs in Norway - a budget on about £10 mill a year. There are four clubs - Rosenborg, Brann, Vålerenga, Viking, with higher budgets than Molde, but those four big ones have underperformed for years now. What OGS has proven in Molde, is that he can be a success with limited funds. There is enough of managers around swapping jobs with eachother despite the fact that they have been pissing away their employers money time after time. OGS has at least proved that he is capable of achieving success.

The word is (on redcafe) he could leave after 2 seasons if a prem club came in for him... But he could leave sooner than that if it was for a club in the Manchester area :-)

Have to admire his forward thinking if he really has this clause on the off chance Man U came in for him after 1 year into management :-)

Saw that in one of the Norwegian articles (can still read a little despite moving away as a small child many years ago). I thought it said he could go for free at the end of the season if an opportunity arose in the Manchester area. I think that's more to do with the fact that it was his home for 15 yeas and his kids have spent most of their lives there than with expectations that the ManU job might come open. Do you think he'd blow us off for Wigan if Martinez goes to plop?

No chance he'd go near Wigan. I get the feeling from his comments that he was contacted by Wolves recently.

If this goes through I feel a little sorry for Molde losing their manager and funding.

anyone that has noticed the picture with OGS, the plane and silver merc, that if u see the plane stairs you see a mans lowerbody but someone has edited out the upperbody. very strange. theres nothing hindering the view of his upperbody so it must be photoshopped out. wonder why :?:

Oh please, the pic hasn't been photoshopped. The person coming down the steps of the plane is obscured by the fin of the wing.

I can't believe you think someone in the media changed the picture before releasing it worldwide :oops: Or maybe you think the General used his CIA connections? :lol:

I have been given OLE-tinted glasses. I genuinely will not be excited about us appointing Lambert or AVB(!, not going to happen) as Ole. It feels like 2006 again. The fans have spoken, we want to take a risk, it could be disastrous, it could be amazing, but we've got to **** take it man.

also 1 thing i think is important is that he personally seems very interested in the job, if its true that bigger clubs and even CL clubs have shown interest but he has sent them adrift. and then comes along villa who is now a bottom feeder in pl to be honest and suddenly he is in birmingham. and i think that he wants the job because he really feels this is the right job and move for him now and he know he can do a good job here. btw im norwegian and almost everyone sees røkke as the clown, and may i add i thing aker splitting with molde was in the cards longtime and OGS is a scapegoat saddly or maybe for us good

OGS has spent enough time in English football to know that we are a big club; not a very big club like redscouse or massive club like manure, but never the less a big club. If OGS had thoughts of coming back to England then the second he heard about Villa's interest he would have been weighing things up:

Decent size club? Well yes, way bigger than half the Premier League and as big a club as he could currently hope to manage.

Controversially, are Villa a big enough club that if he does really, really well with he'd be considered for his top job? Yes; something that can't be said about the likes of Wigan, Swansea, the boggies and Reading.

Is it reasonable travelling distance from the training ground to his established roots in Cheshire? Yes, just an hour on most days.

Other than Villa and Everton, I'm not sure who else ticks his boxes.

Whether it ends badly, he performs miracles and leaves in 3 or 4 years or does well and stays for a decade; I'd still like us to give him a go. It would be a gamble but I'd rather play strip-poker than bet on the time it takes for paint to dry. :D

anyone that has noticed the picture with OGS, the plane and silver merc, that if u see the plane stairs you see a mans lowerbody but someone has edited out the upperbody. very strange. theres nothing hindering the view of his upperbody so it must be photoshopped out. wonder why :?:

Oh please, the pic hasn't been photoshopped. The person coming down the steps of the plane is obscured by the fin of the wing.

I can't believe you think someone in the media changed the picture before releasing it worldwide :oops: Or maybe you think the General used his CIA connections? :lol:

He already said he wasn't looking at the picture properly and made a genuine mistake.....

And now the dubious and slightly drunk. £100,000 to villatalk if we bag Ole. There, I said it.

Very generous that mate!

Bloody hell, no kidding! Very nice.

Your not kidding. Maybe you should offer some of that money to Molde as some sort of compensation for us taking Ole off their hands.

Pile-of-cashmoney-001.jpg

Still think I'd favor AVB because of the greater experience, both good and bad. For the short term.

But OGS just seems right for some reason.

Both have as much to prove for different reason, each as valid.

Off topic but valid for a sec.

Reading people coment we're not Man U or Liverpool, we really really could be! We used to be! (a long time ago granted..)

With the right manager we really really could be Massive Again. (not that I really want that)

If we get any one of these real candidates, and they are given the support & patience from both fans and board we could bring back the glory years of winning the European cup again, add to our 7 league titles, how many times have we won the FA cup?

An eighth would be great, We have done it before, why not again?

(random flash back - Do you remember the feeling when Stan Staunton stuck that pile driver on the back of the net that sunny sunday afternoon at Old Trafford? I want that feeling again)

I think OGS is more likely to be the man that inspires the city to get behind the team again, not like Big Ron did, but in his own way.

Fingers crossed OSG comes and stays for years, (even as a player at Man U I couldn't help but like him)

If we get AVB he will be gone after one really good season.

OSG, I think he can make us as big as his ambitions, the funding will be available as he earns it.

(watch, now we get Mick McCarthy as Emperor for Life!)

Can't end on a negative....

Ummm....

Up the Villa!

I'm fairly confident that this is just Molde's way of extracting more money from us to get a bigger buyout from OGS. No doubt they are going to try and cash in on the fact that OGS leaving means losing huge investments and they will want compensation.

Randy will write a big check, we'll have our manager, Molde will have their giant payoff. Win/win for everyone.

Saw the interview.

From what I reckon, if we really want him he will come to the Villa.

A gentleman of course, but he was very fair and said we were a big club in the Premier League and he wanted to get to know us, as he put it.

I saw it as well and I agree with you. He said what he had to say in the situation - he is still manager of Molde.

Haven't these people heard of the telephone or even better video conferencing? If both parties wanted an informal chat, surely it'd be better to do this under the prying eyes of the media/thetrees!

More to it than a informal chat out of politeness.

Yep, sounds more like pen was put to paper. They'll wait until after Molde play on Sunday, and do the presser on Mon or Tues

Haven't these people heard of the telephone or even better video conferencing? If both parties wanted an informal chat, surely it'd be better to do this under the prying eyes of the media/thetrees!

More to it than a informal chat out of politeness.

Yep, sounds more like pen was put to paper. They'll wait until after Molde play on Sunday, and do the presser on Mon or Tues

Video conf. and telephone is not the best way to get to know each other. This is an important decision for us - we need to meet the candidates in person.