No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Also reports are saying that OSG's wife is flying to VP with him.

Someone has tweeted that she is a Villa fan, which I take with a pinch of salt.

If it's true & his wife is with him then I would think "just holding talks" is possibly a little reserved from the truth of just how far this has gone.

I think people are getting mixed up. Wasnt if Fortjoff (Chelsea, Rangers and Sunderland Striker) wife/girlfriend who was a Villa fan.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you all gone mad? He has done nothing as a manager.

Another dodgy appointment from lerner and co.

So what does that mean?

AM won the league cup but it didn't mean anything, I say enough with this negative attitude at villa and back a manager for once?

ole gunnar's Claret and Blue army...

OGS in training. I like him.

That's put a smile on my face!

For some reason I pictured OSG as a quietly spoken bloke who might struggle to get his point across. Obviously not -

"You're 18 yards away from goal and you keep **** passing it! SHOOT!"

If it's true & his wife is with him then I would think "just holding talks" is possibly a little reserved from the truth of just how far this has gone.

I think people are getting mixed up. Wasnt if Fortjoff (Chelsea, Rangers and Sunderland Striker) wife/girlfriend who was a Villa fan.

That was Tore Andre Flo iirc.

I think you are mixed up. You are thinking of Tore Andre Flo. Fjortoft played for Swindon.

So what does that mean?

AM won the league cup but it didn't mean anything, I say enough with this negative attitude at villa and back a manager for once?

I will back him, i will back any manager.

But you are all building him up as the next messiah, someone has to get real here.

It`s not negative just because you don`t agree with it.

Considering the strong point of his game was sitting on a the bench, reading the game really well, then coming on and exploiting tactical weaknesses, it makes sense that he'd be a good manager.

I keep seeing this repeated as though it's fact. Surely his strong point as a player was being able to take advantage of defenders who were knackered after 80 minutes of being battered to get into good positions, and then being a cool enough finisher to score from these good positions. I don't see how this automatically equates to tactical expertise.

think your getting mixed up with Tore Andre Flo. Fjortoff was Swindon/Sheff Utd.

He won the Reserve League with Manchester United.

He won the Norwegian League with Molde on his first attempt, their first title win in their 100 year history.

He plays an attacking 4-3-3 formation with an ethos built around Manchester United style possession football.

He's a much better proposition than most..

The general point is that we've gone down the 'experience' route with the last two managers and they haven't worked out. In fact they've both been found to make as many naive and inexperienced choices than you would expect.

We have a chance here to move forward with a modern thinking manager with extremely fresh ideas, to get us out of McLeish's 1980's ethos and into the modern era. Of course, it's a risk, but so is anything. It's a gamble we can afford to take because we are currently at the lowest we've been for around 20 years. I highly doubt things could get that much worse than last season.

He has already proven at a young age that he has adapted to the job well and shown an excellent reading of the game, is extremely organised and focused on how he wants his club to play. I think if we pulled out now, it might feel like a missed opportunity,

Why don't people just give him a **** chance? That's what's been wrong with this club. McLeish, yeah sure everyone knew his tactics and style before he got here, but i know people that were boo'ing him from the first game. Makoun, played a handful of games and people have written him off. We are not going to get a Rafa or a Capello. He's done nothing in football? He won the Norway with with a team that hasn't won it in their 100 year history. Now granted it isn't the same as winning the premier league, but it's something. Since i knew we wanted him i've been watching training videos and i even watched the 40 minute documentary. From what i saw his tactics would be a breath of fresh air compared to the recent tactics used by previous managers, but that don't matter because you come on here knowing nothing about him and write him off. Goodjob.

So what does that mean?

But you are all building him up as the next O'Neill...

It`s not negative just because you don`t agree with it.

I hope he's not the next O'Neill!

Meh...

Your not pissing on my (and everyone elses) parade today. Even CI is all for this now and he maons like a cheap whore!!!

I keep seeing this repeated as though it's fact. Surely his strong point as a player was being able to take advantage of defenders who were knackered after 80 minutes of being battered to get into good positions, and then being a cool enough finisher to score from these good positions. I don't see how this automatically equates to tactical expertise.

If you read the piece Henry Winter wrote about OGS..

He states that Fergie instantly offered him a coaching role at Man Utd when he told him he couldn't play anymore because of a damaged knee.

Alex Ferguson is no mug...

The Telegraph