No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

If OGS wants to use us as a stepping stone for the United job then I'll be all too happy to be stepped on.

As far as being a success I personally think it's all relative. Success for me would be anyone who can play even 1% more attacking football than McDefend did.

Not my first choice by any means. Not even my third choice but if this is going to happen then I'm 100% behind it.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With McLeish we all knew it would be a disaster

With Ole it could be a success or it could be a disaster..........personally on this choice im prepared to go along with the ride

Agree.

It's a percentages game.

With McLeish it was 100% guaranteed he would be a failure based on his previous form.

With OSG there is an unknown percentage that he could be a success (and the same applies to Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers et al) so based on this alone he may be worth a gamble.

With McLeish we all knew it would be a disaster

With Ole it could be a success or it could be a disaster..........personally on this choice im prepared to go along with the ride

It could be a success, but I don't think it would be a disaster. It wouldn't be such a big gamble as some people would think.

I'd be very happy with this appointment for two major reasons:

a) I wanted us to get a young up and coming manager with plenty of potential.

B) It will piss CI off who, as we all know, is a massive Bell end.

No **** need what-so-ever.

Norwegian media claims OSG has said earlier he will stay

Maybe the private jet and tour around BH and it's facilities is intended to change his mind ?

It's all over the Norwegian newspapers but they don't seem to know anything more than we. Just that the plane has landed in Kristiansund.

Damn I have to study but I can't keep myself away from this!

That's a nice jet.. I want one. On the topic of OGS I really hope this happens. I know it is looking so likely but we are still Villa when do things ever go completely to plan.. I really hope it happens though.

This appointment makes me as excited as when MoN came.

Finally after 2 years I can enjoy supporting my club again.

I was losing faith in Lerner fast and this appointment puts him back in my good books. I'm glad we haven't played it safe. We're never going to get a world class manager so let's get a young man in who has the potential to be world class with us.

His coaching background is at one of the best clubs in the world. His playing career showed his intelligence as a player. He's worked with top class young players. He will have some knowledge of the European market.

He ticks a lot of boxes for me and I'm really excited about the potential he has and the potential for our squad.

A superb appointment IMO.

Norwegian media claims OSG has said earlier he will stay

Maybe the private jet and tour around BH and it's facilities is intended to change his mind ?

That rejection was about the time Solbakken was hired as Wolves manager and Solskjær was asked if he would still be at Molde and he replied "yes". It was taken a week or so ago.

This appointment makes me as excited as when MoN did.

Finally after 2 years I can enjoy supporting my club again.

I was losing faith in Lerner fast and this appointment puts him back in my good books. I'm glad we haven't played it safe. We're never going to get a world class manager so let's get a young man in who has the potential to be world class with us.

His coaching background is at one of the best clubs in the world. His playing career showed his intelligence as a player. He's worked with top class young players. He will have some knowledge of the European market.

He ticks a lot of boxes for me and I'm really excited about the potential he has and the potential for our squad.

A superb appointment IMO.

Sums up how i feel too mate.

maybe he just wants a free trip in a jet and to enjoy a sense of worshipping courtship, before lording it back up at Molde. ( they need to change their name honestly, maybe Royale Molde or something )

Doubtng this now, just the Villa way really.

Am not online for another 24 hours and if I am its a very slow phone connection but I can get email.. can somebody throw me occasional updates to dennisalexjones at gmail.com?

Cheers

I'd be very happy with this appointment for two major reasons:

a) I wanted us to get a young up and coming manager with plenty of potential.

B) It will piss CI off who, as we all know, is a massive Bell end.

No **** need what-so-ever.

Agreed 100%

So his opinion differs from most (not massively from mine in some cases FWIW) - Ironically regarding OGS it does as Im quite excited by it.

However, Ive never known CI do anything other than put his point across respectfully. Seems a decent chap! (If indeed you are a chap CI?)

Could work, but maybe too much of a risk for Randy given the previous appointments?

It has a good feel about it though, he should command respect in the dressing among the more intelligent players and as long as he has cash and we can get rid of the disruptive influence win the dressing room.