No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Or board/PF/RL **** it up again, and didn't get him to sign contract the moment he said yes.

Said yes to what exactly? He hasnt been offered anything, it was a chat!

Nobody has **** anything up, jeez, take a breathe will you before you do yourself an injury. :?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OGS and Molde have confirmed that they will talk to the press after the training session starting today at 10.30 CET.

So we'll find out in afternoon what's going on.

IF PF/RL/Board had not gotten him to sign contract instantly he said yes, it's just **** up beyond belief. Never should take anyone's word in anything like that before they have actually signed.

Huh?

Actually quite glad that OGS is no longer happening. Think Villa fans are naturally wearing rose tinted glasses so that ANYONE we are linked with is a massive step up from AM.

I could only foresee an OGS team full of Utd loan players and big fishes from Norway struggling to swim in the premiership.

But then, think i'm just overly fussy, no idea who I truly want - no one is good enough for me!

Gutted by this but in many ways I was surprised that he was even considering leaving Molde at this point. From watching the video he seemed to have his life exactly how he wanted it - his family were settled in the town he grew up, the stadium and facilities seemed to be excellent and there's no doubt he was held in very high regard by the fans and the community.

You could say that maybe he's already taken Molde as far as he can but if I was him, no matter how ambitious I was, I'd stay for a couple more seasons. He's a young man in managerial terms.

Would have loved him to come but really can't blame him for deciding to stay.

Maybe we can get him here next time we're looking for a manger.

If what Gazton said is true that deal was basicly done and dusted, and OGS had agreed to join Villa, they should've gotten instantly on plane and get him signed.

It was obvious at every juncture that OGS wanted the job, its in his words and his body language. I want the job, I am young(ish) keen and I make no secret about it. Why hasn't PF jumped on a plane to come sign me up!!!!

Because, we are looking for the right man, not just the first person who expresses an interest! :winkold:

OGS and Molde have confirmed that they will talk to the press after the training session starting today at 10.30 CET.

IF PF/RL/Board had not gotten him to sign contract instantly he said yes, it's just **** up beyond belief. Never should take anyone's word in anything like that before they have actually signed.

Am I missing something here? What makes you or anyone else think there was an initial yes? For the last week we have heard what a good up ogs is. Well if there was an initial yes then a good guy would not go back on that. So there either wasnt a yes or he isn't a good guy.

I think there was an offer he was told to spend the weekend thinking about it and discussing it with his family and then decide. He did that and for whatever reason the offer was not attractive enough for him.

Btw I am not itk. I get the odd titbits from people linked here or there, I don't often share that as it is a frenzy on here and not safe. I used to have a very reliable itk, no longer at the club mores the pity

Am I missing something here? What makes you or anyone else think there was an initial yes? For the last week we have heard what a good up ogs is. Well if there was an initial yes then a good guy would not go back on that. So there either wasnt a yes or he isn't a good guy.

I think there was an offer he was told to spend the weekend thinking about it and discussing it with his family and then decide. He did that and for whatever reason the offer was not attractive enough for him.

Btw I am not itk. I get the odd titbits from people linked here or there, I don't often share that as it is a frenzy on here and not safe. I used to have a very reliable itk, no longer at the club mores the pity

Yeah, true, apparently it's not just Villa fans who are fickle, potential managers too ;)

I have just read the last 20 odd pages to catch up and its laughable!!

VT members managed to spin a "leaked" story into a mass hysteria clamoring for the appointment of OGS. Even when the club and OGS stated they were nothing but preliminary talks and others would be interviewed the masses on here were insistent that something else was going on based mostly on nothing but conjecture. It was worked into a frenzy based pretty much on nothing.

Last night, apparently OGS turned down a job we have yet to offer him and all of sudden, we are now up in arms at the way the club conducts its managerial search, how bad RL/PF are, how we are going to end up with Mick McCarthy. Again, based on nothing, I say again, NOTHING, people have lurched from one extreme to another!! Its crazy.

All I will say is, we and the majority of the press know very little about the candidates, interviews and thoughts relating to the appointment of our new manager. Therefore, rather than wind ourselves up into a frenzy of feast or famine, why dont you take a chill pill, relax and see what the next few days bring. The club have stated that the manger will by young, ambitious and reinvigorate the club. I trust them to do that, preferring to see "he who shall not be named" as an aberration rather than the norm.

Jees!

I have a bit of sick in my mouth as I type this, but youre spot on.

I'd have liked him but its only because it seemed exciting, he's different and a buzz had been created. But in reality there are other managers out there that will no doubt be able to do just as good a job at Villa.

To say this is a **** up or farce in anyway is bizarre given no one really knows what has happened or whether he has been offered it or not. Maybe he wasnt first choice, maybe he is saving face, maybe he was offered it but his wife changed her mind after visiting Birmingham and then going back to the Fjords.

Ok, people are asking why am I still hopeful.

Yesterday I was told it was done, but that there was going to be drama attached. Hence my comment yesterday about a charade.

Now, I have not had it confirmed or denied that last night was part of the drama I was told to expect. News broke late and I can't contact my guy right now.

It's possible that it's over, but it might not be; hence me saying 'don't lock the thread' rather than 'it's still on'.

We live in hope.

Ok, people are asking why am I still hopeful.

Yesterday I was told it was done, but that there was going to be drama attached. Hence my comment yesterday about a charade.

Now, I have not had it confirmed or denied that last night was part of the drama I was told to expect. News broke late and I can't contact my guy right now.

It's possible that it's over, but it might not be; hence me saying 'don't lock the thread' rather than 'it's still on'.

We live in hope.

Stick a few quid on if the odds have drifted :D

He can't of rejected it for personal reasons:-

1.He was quoted at the weekend as saying it was his ambition to manage in the premier league.

2.He has lived in the uk for 11 of the last 13 years

3.He still has a house in the uk.

My take on it is either:-

(a)RL flew into UK yesterday - There was dailogue with OGS - and more details of the job came out - maybe cash for players - wages caps - OGS thought better of it - most likley IMO

(b)OGS hadn't heard from villa - so fearing he may not be the favoured candidate - decided to force the issue by declaring himself out of the race.

I think the not offered the job line is for villa to save face - but I don't think that will work. If we aren't attractive proposition for guy whose current club gets gate of 9,000 - and who wants to manage in the PL - I wouldn't hold out much hope for lambert - especially as last night he said he was very happy at norwich.

I think were struggling .......a dark horse who fits the bill ? - Gareth Southgate ? - not saying I want him - just that he must be a contender now

He can't of rejected it for personal reasons:-

1.He was quoted at the weekend as saying it was his ambition to manage in the premier league.

2.He has lived in the uk for 11 of the last 13 years

3.He still has a house in the uk.

So what? If he wasnt expecting to be approached so soon perhaps him and his wife are enjoying being back home after 11 years away from their family and what is a beautiful country and when it came to the crunch it was just too soon to move. Maybe he was never that interested and has engineered himself a nice pay rise.

Lets just see the outcome of this saga and who we appoint before we start pointing fingers or moaning about the club.