If you were the manager...

omariqy

Resign Cuellar for two years.

Sell: Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Makoun, Agbonlahor

Let Heskey go

Loan or sell Bannan, Delfouneso, Delph to give room for Gardner, Herd, Johnson, Carruthers

Give Albrighton one last chance.

Build team around Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bent and new players (defenders, CMs, one winger and a top striker)

Let Heskey go

Loan or sell Bannan, Delfouneso, Delph to give room for Gardner, Herd, Johnson, Carruthers

Build team around Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bent and new players (defenders, CMs, one winger and a top striker)

Agree with every bit of this although would give Makoun another try to see if he can cut it.

Delfouneso: is 23 now. If he was good enough he'd have broke through by now.

Gabby: has went completely stale. Local lad who thinks he's a must pick. Move him on.

Delph: had proven he just can't cut it. Even with the injuries he's had.

Bannan: flatters to decieve. Good close control but no influence at all in a number of games.

The whole back 4: Look at some of the goals we've conceded this season. Show them all the door.

If i was manager, id look to have a bit of a cull, but id also look to sign players that know the league, the club, are of a good age and can hit the ground running........... giving us a solid base of professionals that can get us up the league to say between 8th and 10th then really try to progress year on year by adding a quality player every window (or summer at the least)

Id look at players who would realistically come to us as well........... Championship Manager Stylee

Out would go: Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Ireland, NZogbia, Agbonlahor, Fonz, Heskey, Guzan, Cuellar, Makoun

In would come: Roger Johnson, Joe Lewis, Scott Dann, Liam Ridgewell, Jordan Rhodes, Craig Gardner, Steven Davis, Peter Whittingham, Matt Mills as well as Holman, id then use the saves in wages to sign Muntari on a free and one marquee signing being Adam Johnson

I think they all know the league and would hit the ground running, wouldnt cost the earth (apart from Johnson) and would comfortably get top 8.... as much as I hate to say it, I think Dann & Johnson make a really good solid pairing and click together - on their own I wouldnt take them - and with the right protection infront of them i think would be a better unit than what we have.............. I know the list above arent the names people would be hoping for, but we gotta be realistic with our finance and the wage restrictions....... so IMO we gotta build a TEAM and a UNIT rather than a bunch of overpaid, overhyped whingers.............

Team would be:

GK: Given

DR: Hutton

Dl: Ridgewell

DC: Johnson

DC: Dann

DMC: Muntari

DMC: Gardner

MC: Davis

MR: Johnson

Ml: Whitts

Str: Bent

That leaves for the squad, Joe Lewis, Lichaj, Matt Mills, Clark, Baker, Stevens, Gardner2, Delph, Herd, Bannan, Albrighton, Rhodes

If i was manager, id look to have a bit of a cull, but id also look to sign players that know the league, the club, are of a good age and can hit the ground running........... giving us a solid base of professionals that can get us up the league to say between 8th and 10th then really try to progress year on year by adding a quality player every window (or summer at the least)

Id look at players who would realistically come to us as well........... Championship Manager Stylee

Out would go: Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Ireland, NZogbia, Agbonlahor, Fonz, Heskey, Guzan, Cuellar, Makoun

In would come: Roger Johnson, Joe Lewis, Scott Dann, Liam Ridgewell, Jordan Rhodes, Craig Gardner, Steven Davis, Peter Whittingham, Matt Mills as well as Holman, id then use the saves in wages to sign Muntari on a free and one marquee signing being Adam Johnson

I think they all know the league and would hit the ground running, wouldnt cost the earth (apart from Johnson) and would comfortably get top 8.... as much as I hate to say it, I think Dann & Johnson make a really good solid pairing and click together - on their own I wouldnt take them - and with the right protection infront of them i think would be a better unit than what we have.............. I know the list above arent the names people would be hoping for, but we gotta be realistic with our finance and the wage restrictions....... so IMO we gotta build a TEAM and a UNIT rather than a bunch of overpaid, overhyped whingers.............

Team would be:

That leaves for the squad, Joe Lewis, Lichaj, Matt Mills, Clark, Baker, Stevens, Gardner2, Delph, Herd, Bannan, Albrighton, Rhodes

LMFAO For the love of god

If I were manager, I'd go all Kurtz and tell everyone to **** off. I'd then bring in an abundance of ex-players who love the club, and promote all the youth players. I would refuse to give interviews, in fact I won't even be at the games because I'd live exclusively within Bodymoor, which would become cut off from the outside world and only accesible via helicopter. All game instructions would be handed to a trusty no.2, I'm thinking Ian Taylor. I'd hire locals to guard the compound, and have all players swear an oath that meant leaving the club will lead to death.

Lerner would, after poor results, find my methods unsound and seek to sack me, only for myself and the players to go off the map completely...

If I were the manager I would make a complete **** of the job and then hold my hands out for a whacking great pay off from Lerner.....oh wait, that's already been done, shit.

Use Heskey's, Hutton's and Collin's wages to go straight into the youth system. It's a great system but I think we've always fallen slightly short in producing a really great player.

We've made some good players, our Gabby being one of the latest, and Gardner, Albrighton - but there's been no player who's been truely brilliant from our youth system. No-one who's gone on to play at a top international level or go on to play for Madrid or Barcelona or Munich for £40m. I'd look into why that is.. why we can great 'good' players, but we can't create great ones.

Team would be:

Are you on a wind up? I don't think even Mourihno would keep us up next year with that team!

Ridgewell - FFS!!!!!!!

As cruel as it may sound, I would look to get rid of the nice guys around the club, and people retaining their position because of years served. People like Gabby and any of the acedemy products that, in the cold light of professional sports, just aren't good enough.

Naturally, as a manager with killer instincts, the rotten eggs would be shipped out, but I'd be tired of being a 'nice' club, as nice guys tend to come last.

Good scouts, ruthless team selection and professionals hungry to win would be high on my list.

Let Heskey go

Agree with every bit of this although would give Makoun another try to see if he can cut it.

Delfouneso: is 23 now. If he was good enough he'd have broke through by now.

Gabby: has went completely stale. Local lad who thinks he's a must pick. Move him on.

Delph: had proven he just can't cut it. Even with the injuries he's had.

Bannan: flatters to decieve. Good close control but no influence at all in a number of games.

The whole back 4: Look at some of the goals we've conceded this season. Show them all the door.

Delfouneso turned 21 in February... you've added 2 years to his age there.

I would still very much categorise him as a "youngster". I think it's a bit too premature to write him off just yet. In total he has scored 8 goals in 41 appearances... 2 more goals than Peter Crouch scored for us, in 2 fewer games.

I'd bring back Makoun, ship out Hutton, Warnock, Collins and Heskey. I'd try to retain Cuellar.

I'd target 2 CM, a RB and a LB.

I'd work on ball retention, especially in MF, passing, improving link up play, and defending set pieces.

Done.

Â