If you were the manager...

omariqy

Develop scouting networks in countries like France, Holland, Portugal, Germany, Belgium. Remove all scouts from Scotland ;) Take a leaf from Newcastle in targeting equivalents to Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa. Also look at the Championship & see if we can find some cheap, hungry talents there. The key is finding players who have talent & drive to succeed in PL. Not just resign ourselves to players who are already established and looking for a nice, comfortable 4-year contract in midtable obscurity.

Ideally sell whoever we can find takers for from Hutton, Warnock, Collins & Dunne. 3 of them only have a year left, so sell them dirt cheap if necessary - it will free up wages.

Make sensible decisions on how much the homegrown players will play, one or two of the younger ones might benefit from season-long loan (e.g. Gary Gardner, Nathan Baker, Samir Carruthers) while the team is being rebuilt. While plenty of them got some playing time last season, it wasn't necessarily that beneficial to their development when the team & club was so demoralised & poor. Next season is going to be tough again & it's hard to integrate youngsters into an undeveloped team.

Big decision might be Darren Bent. This comes down to how much funding we have for transfers to improve key areas (central midfield, defence). If we don't have much funds to make signings, and someone came in with £20m for Bent I think it would be hard to refuse. His value will only go down & as he showed in the first half of last season, if we haven't got good enough supply-line, he is limited. Obviously it is preferable to keep him and build a team that can supply him, but this might be a financial decision.

Given

Guzan

Marshall

Lichaj

Naughton

Dann

Cuellar

Clark

Baker

Olsson

Stevens

Albrighton

Holman

Diame

Makoun

O’Hara

Herd

Gardner

Ireland

N’Zogbia

Moses

Bent

Gabby

Keane

Weimann

I would hire a band to sing 'you're the best around.' as the players leave the dressing room before the game.

And all training sessions would be carried out to the theme from Rocky.

I would hire a band to sing 'you're the best around.' as the players leave the dressing room before the game.

And all training sessions would be carried out to the theme from Rocky.

nothing's gonna ever keep you down! ahahah

personally i'd be spending pre season fielding a team like this...

----------given----------

lichaj----clark---baker----stevens

--------herd-----gardner----------

zog/alby---------ireland--------carruthers/hollman

-------------bent---------------------

and set them up to keep the ball and move it around a lot :) revolutionary i know but apparently football can be played by keeping the ball on the grass and playing it through midfield, being patient etc.

that team is technically pretty good, clark his happy in midfield so can distribute well from the back, everyone up to bent is good on the ball. i'd be letting the 3 behind bent swap around constantly too.

once you've had a good look at them pre-season see what value there is in some experienced foreign talent (cheaper) to help them progress as a team.

as has been mentioned we'd need to employ a better scouting network too...

I'd do this

Out

Guzan FREE

Dunne - 4M

Collins 4M

Warnock 4M

Hutton 4M

Delfouneso 4M

Cuellar FREE

Heskey FREE

Marshall FREE/ Gk Coach

Total - 20M

In

Joe Lewis BOSMAN

Doulgas Teixera BOSMAN

Scott Dann 3M

Sebastian Prodl 3M

Jose Angel 4M

Danny Simpson 3M

Phillip Bargfrede 3.5M

Martin Harnik 7M

Guthrie FREE

Carlos Vela 4M

Holman FREE

Total 27.5 spent

Overall spend 7.5M

Team Setup

-------------------------Given(Lewis)

------Douglas(Dann)------------Clark(Prodl)

Angel(Stevens)--------------------------Simpson(Lichaj)

----------------Bargfrede(Herd/Johnson)

N'Zogbia (Holman)-----------------------------Albrighton(Carruthers)

-------------------------Ireland(Vela)

------------Bent(Gabby)-------Harnik(Weimann)

Probably Dreaming to be honest :(

Values taken from transfermarkt

Develop scouting networks in countries like France, Holland, Portugal, Germany, Belgium. Remove all scouts from Scotland ;) Take a leaf from Newcastle in targeting equivalents to Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa. Also look at the Championship & see if we can find some cheap, hungry talents there. The key is finding players who have talent & drive to succeed in PL. Not just resign ourselves to players who are already established and looking for a nice, comfortable 4-year contract in midtable obscurity.....

That is the key point. Establish a first class scouting network has to be priority no one. Then build on the youth setup as well. But scouting is the key!

First thing would be to bring the coaches in and find out who the bad eggs are (yes we all assume its Dunne, warnock, collins), but you would need to know.

If the coaches are unwilling, or are very wishy washy, I would in all honestly call McLeish and ask him. I don't think that he would provide a dishonest answer. Even though his tactics were useless he is going to know who the bad people were who need shipping out.

Once these players are known, I would make every attempt to clear these players out.

Then I would set about finding new players.

I would look to expand the scouting network, throughout europe to begin with and then expand worldwide.

I would also look to the coaching staff and see how they perform. It may be that they are not coaching the players very well in movement and passing (even though I hear the youth do play like this and therefore may be coached it). Should it be obvious that they are coaching the incorrect stuff, then I would look to expand the coaching staff, with more progressive coaches.

I'd tell Lerner that our academy isn't as good as people believe it to be and that Bannan , Albrighton and Fonz aren't good enough and get what we can for them off a Championship club .. I'm undecided on Herd at this stage but I believe we do need better

Lichaj would get a starting place , arguably he looks more comfortable at LB at the moment

Clark I'd send out on loan as he needs match time as a defender not being out of position in midfield

I'd get rid of Dunne, Collins , Warnock and Hutton ....

Zog and Ireland i'd have a good good look at before deciding what to do with them , Ireland in theory is comfortable on the ball so could become a key player in the new style of play

The club is lacking in players with pace and also players that look comfortable on the ball .. I'd see what I could do to address this through the transfer market and ensuring that my youth coaches in still this into the young players

And i'd get Gabby back to his dangerous best , Scaring defenders relentlessly with pace , instead of thinking he is a left winger

easy this football management lark :-)

Scouting network.

New coaches all round.

IN: 1xGK, 1xRB, 1xLB, 2xCB, 1xRW, 1xLW, 3xCM, 2xST

OUT: Collins, Warnock, Mutton, Ireland, Delph, Bannan, Cuellar, Heskey, Delfouneso, Guzan.

was only going on web values :/ lol tbh Delfouneso could be worth around that down to the fact he has the "potential" to be good under the right management who stop his attitude problem!

think the best we'd get for Delfouneso would be a sell on clause in his contract ..

just in case he does come good

I would bring in a couple of attacking midfielders and another striker. I would keep the back 4 for now ( you need experiance as well as youth )

The main thing is our aim,every game would be to score 3 goals.

1 is not enough as you could drop 2 points in injury time.

2 is also not enough because if the opposition score 1 this will give them a lift and we could end up losing or drawing.

3 puts the opposition on the back foot with a mountain to climb.

Gabby needs to go. How much is he on a week? £60k? He isnt even quick anymore which was his only strength.

...what changes would you make in the summer...not just personnel but infrastructure too?

Good question,

I would get rid of Given,Hutton,Dunne,Collins,Warnock,Bannan,Delph,Allbrighton,Delfonesou,Gabby,Ireland and Bent. They are all either shit, or on far too much money for a club of our size and stature or in some cases both.

I would look abroad to fill the gaps created, as a result the wage bill would be reduced and we could get it cheaper more technically gifted players from the continent.

I would also like a Director of football to be appointed and I would change the entire coaching staff and start again. Everybody goes on about how good our academy is but we have not produced one single quality player yet so it cant be all that good.

It would be the rebuild of rebuilds 8)

Everybody goes on about how good our academy is but we have not produced one single quality player yet so it cant be all that good.

cahill? gabby? herd? clark? albrighton?

i still think with the right manager and some more time on the pitch of the players we've seen this year then lichaj, bannan, gardner and baker will turn out to be quality too.

back on topic, if i was manager i'd be looking to use more of them together as they've been paying and winning together for years :)

Â