If you were the manager...

omariqy

The first thing I'd do would be to introduce a whole new team of staff to handle first team affairs. Unfortunately this would mean demoting K-Mac and Sid back to the reserves, but this club needs a new start.

I would get rid of Hutton, Dunne, Warnock, Delph and Fonz. I take it Heskey and Cuellar leaving are a given. Then we need to sign 2 quality DMs and quality winger. Also the scouting system needs an overhaul

I'd wheeler deal a new defence, getting rid of Collins, Dumb and Warnock. I'd bring in a new energetic midfielder. I'd instil and air of determination at the club and get rid of any time wasters. I'd have a closer look at the young players Johnson and Carruthers.

Ralise theres too many players who are too comfortable at VP.Get some competition in, put the likes of Gabby under pressure, sell Warnock, Dunne and Collins asap, Hutton as well if necc, let Heskey and CC go, and buy some young, hungry, competative, driven , ambitious players.

The next manager could save the club a fortune if he can develop some of the youngsters.ALL have shown signs of good ability, although some have lapsed.We are not far off a good footballing team.Bent, Ireland, N'Zog are top 6 players, we need to build around them.

If we have the money, and i see no reason not, a good LB, CH, Defensive CM, winger.Also if Gabby goes, at least 1 striker.

Id get rid of the bad eggs in the camp i.e Collins and Warnock at any cost and start fresh with a squad who will respect the manager and club.

Id resign Cuellar as id think he would stay.

Id revamp the scouting network.

Id try Ireland and Nzogbia in there preferred positions and sell them in January if they didn't pull their weight.

Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Albrighton, Fonz, Bannan, Gabby, Gardner, all gone with Heskey and Cuellar. We need that much of a cull.

A new back four, a new centre midfield parring and another wide player.

Two new strikers. The sale of Gabby and Fonz should pay for someone like Defo to partner Bent and another striker as back up with Weiman.

A new scouting network put in place and feeder clubs in Europe.

Sell the bad eggs. Dunne, Collins, Warnock gone. Try and find another fool who thinks Alan Hutton is the Scottish Cafu and sell him too.

Get some experience in if possible, definitely at the back, and ideally in the midfield.

Scout for players like what Newcastle did and take a couple of risks. Get Makoun back from loan.

Try and see if we could scrape enough cash together to bid for Jordan Rhodes.

Outs;

Dunne, Collins, Cuellar (not my choice), Warnock, Heskey, Fonz, Hutton, Jenas.

Ins;

I don't know, whoever we can afford.. some frees could include Hoilett, Benayoun, Taye Taiwo, Andy Johnson.

Get someone who can create a decent scouting network, why villa have never done this is one of the reasons we are so shit and everyone else is evolving quicker. Wigan can find decent players for a couple of mill and sell them for 4/5x the amount.

Build the team around our 4 only decent players in Given, Ireland, Gabby and Bent.

I'd expect next years defence to be shit because we need so many new players.

next year, just make sure we have a go at teams and if we finish 13th, then so be it, let's just be safe with 40 points with more than 2 games to go.

Get rid of Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock. I like Dunne but it seems he is a bad influence in the squad. Lichaj can step up as RB, Clark as CB so we need to sign a new CB and LB (no point throwing Stevens in at the deep end).

I would move Gabby on too because it just seems like his heart isn't in in any more.

To quote GTMK1, "the club is in a mess".

The club needs some stability but to get that stability the clubs needs to progress, there needs to be improvements on and off the pitch, signs of moving in the right direction. Then the new bloke will be given time , he needs the goodwill from the fans to do this. A certain amount will come from not being Mcleish.

It is a big job now, bigger than it was 12 months ago I think and certainly bigger than it was 2 years ago. We cannot afford to be changing manager again next year, that is not an option so he will have that on his side as well.

What I am trying to say is there are lots of things on his side and he needs to use that to make the radical changes he feels are necessary. Forget demoting Mac and Sid, if he feels they are not good enough then get shot.

It is a huge job in all honesty now

Obviously id get rid of a lot of players and also the whole coaching system needs to be changed but straightaway get some scouts sent out across the world this is something that has been very poor for ages at villa

OUTS

Dunne, Collins, Bent, Warnock, Hutton, Gabby

INS

Hoillet from the relegated teams

Cuellar (re-sign on same deal plus guarantee he will play)

Holt

2x FBs

1 quality CB

2 MF

1 Winger - Adam Johnson at Citeh.

1 CF/AM

Â