Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He hasn't been helped the last two seasons by the useless **** managing him. Houllier didn't really fancy him, under used him and played him out wide. McLeish has **** him out wide more often than not and simply doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of a team attacking wise.

If McLeish stays and/or Lerner makes his third managerial **** up in a row then I expect to see Gabby head up north back to the manager that could get the best out of him.

gabby was never a number one striker to lead the line... he needs space to get in behind the defence and is very much a confidence player...

if only we could feed him into space, in a system that didn't have him as the sole attacking focus, we would be back to the gabby we know and love..

I can't help but remember reading an article about 4-5 years ago where one of the people who scouts youth for the academy said that he was the only one out of 8 who voted to sign up Gabby because of his exceptional pace and managed to sign him up against all the other scouts who wrote him off due to having no footballing brain or good enough technique.

Someone posted that he has put on 4 stone since MON got him to bulk up whether that is true or not but he has clearly lost his pace and to be brutally honest the rest of his game just ain't good enough.

I can not see any other Premier League team that would be willing to pay money for him.

i get the sense this season that since he has been leading the front line, he has been the focus of defenders, which have allowed them to get in close to gabby. without the creative talent to put him into space behind them, we haven't got the chance to see whether he still has the pace or not...

What happened to the old Gabby that would just out sprint everyone on the pitch? Houllier told him to hit the gym and he gained some muscle but lost speed. He has lost his striker identity. He doesn't even know what type of striker he is. He needs a defined role but all I know is, he is not a midfielder in our system. In a 4-3-3 I could see Gabby on LW.

What happened to the old Gabby that would just out sprint everyone on the pitch? Houllier told him to hit the gym and he gained some muscle but lost speed.

I think you'll find MON told him to bulk up as he wasn't strong enough on the ball. Houllier told him he was overweight and needed to lose weight - Gabby publicly disagreed but Houllier was right.

Ash never bulked up and look where his career has gone - Gabby did the weights and has now lost too much of his pace as a result.

I'd give him a season under a new manager but it should be his last unless he gets himself sorted as he is a poor Championship player (on a good day) at the moment.

He is a paradox

He doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Put him on the wing and he isn't a winger..... put him in the middle and he doesn't score.He has not got the natural ability/ brain work to avoid a marker.He doesn't work his opposite number in the box.

He has only ever really had one weapon....pace.

He seems to have lost that and now gets very disinterested very quickly.

He is not the worst player in the squad, but if he's the best as some subscribe to we are where we are because of it.

He has not had enough competition imo....The new manager needs to let him know he's not first choice let him fight for his place.

The whole team has been bad for two years, so we should sell the lot?

Yes..

Seriously other than Given, Ireland and Bent I can't think of many others that truly deserve to stay. Maybe a few of the youngsters like Herd, Clark, Carruthers and Weimann but that's about it..

The whole team has been bad for two years, so we should sell the lot?

Yes..

Seriously other than Given, Ireland and Bent I can't think of many others that truly deserve to stay. Maybe a few of the youngsters like Herd, Clark, Carruthers and Weimann but that's about it..

Ideally I would get rid of Hutton,Dunne,Collins,Warnock,Delph,Bannan,Allbrighton,Nzogbia,Delfonesou,Agbonlahor on the grounds that none of them have any talent

a confident gabby playing in a confident front six is a star and a villa one at that - has been in the past and could be again...

keep and if we're going to play him, do so in a way that plays to his strengths...

• 1 month later...
just read he has 8 goals in 58 games, terrible record for a forward and definitely in last chance saloon

Lowton had 6 in 44 last season and he's a right back.. I know League 1 is a bit easier but still a right back shouldn't be coming close to one of our main strikers no matter the league.

Â